• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

you dont parachute on radio beacons on the new maps, can you?
i was hoping you'd have access to the tall buildings. :(

There are always snipers on the roofs of the highrise buildings on Markaz Monolith; I'd assumed they used spawn beacons to get up there but maybe they just use the scout choppers.

Heli to the top

There are always snipers on the roofs of the highrise buildings on Markaz Monolith; I'd assumed they used spawn beacons to get up there but maybe they just use the scout choppers.
sweet. good enough for me.
im going to find me hard to reach hidden rooms on those high rises.
all dat buildings!
StarTrekGIF.gif

Aftermath servers just won't load for me. Game starts and stays on Loading... indefinitely. All other servers load fine. Downloaded the 3gb update already. I give up, too much time spent on this.

To Far Cry!

I must say, playing Scavenger Conquest is an absolute blast. No one is camping, everyone is running around in groups capping points, you almost never get killed cheaply...DICE has absolutely nailed the game mode. Incredibly fun.

scogoth

I must say, playing Scavenger Conquest is an absolute blast. No one is camping, everyone is running around in groups capping points, you almost never get killed cheaply...DICE has absolutely nailed the game mode. Incredibly fun.

I still find the spawning frustrating at time but thats for all modes. I find in the start of scavenger you will spawn move two feet enemy spawns in the same place you die.

Only got to play for about 30 mins but some of the new maps are fucking gorgeous. 64 player conquest on the cramped market one was an absolute clusterfuck, but actually worked pretty well in Scavenger mode.

Speaking of: really enjoying Scavenger mode so far.

I'll be on tomorrow night--work ran late today, so didn't get on until 11ish.

Unlocked the HE Bow for the Xbow but I have no idea how to use it. It just gives me regular Xbow in the loadout

Nevermind, found out how

U2NUMB

Finally got back to BF3 last night with my friends.. after dealing with that other military shooter it was fantastic to play BF again. We loved it... New maps are very solid.

I love the new maps on conquest. Scavenger is meh. I'll probably never play it after I finish the assignments. Rush mode sucks balls on the new maps, but whats new there.

A few quick thoughts on the maps:

1. The size is a mixture of B2K and CQ. Maps can be quite large, but much of the action is centred around a few places.

2. The design is fantastic. There are multiple paths to every control point and there numerous intentional choke points which result in pretty epic battles. Lots of long and short sight lines too. Tons of enterable buildings.

3. Destruction isn't as limited as the stock maps, but doesn't apporach BC2 levels (due to the urban nature of the maps). There are a lot of walls and buildings you can crumble, and there are a couple of tank barriers that can be taken down. I also ran across a locked door which would open when you fired a gas canister beside it. Very cool.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Some of these maps are fucking beautiful.

The large dome hall in Azadi Palaca looks spectacular.

Can anyone post some high-res screens?

Donos

Azadi Palace or how the map is called is awesome. In every gamemode.
My opinion on scavenger mode is rising but it depends on the map and playercount. Still no kill with the bow.
Do kills in scavenger/gungame count for the weapon unlocks of each gun? I like that i have to use guns i normally don't use so unlocking stuff for them would be nice.

Really enjoying the expansion way more than I thought I would. Great maps that look amazing at Ultra. Crossbow is fun and it will be cool unlocking all the stuff for it. Scavenger was a lot more fun that I thought it would be also.

Played with doomed1 and some friends last night (apparently just missed Spl1nter and Norua), mostly Scavenger and one long round of CQ.

Still in love with Scavenger. Great mode to help with assignments/unlocks for guns you normally don't use. Feels a lot like Conquest Domination, which I enjoyed in CQ.

Only got to play one CQ round. All the hidden routes are great, though.

Is there a good vid online that shows off all the maps? There's the market, the palace, the highway/city...forget the last.

D_Star

Neo Member
Wow. Really loving Aftermath so far! Had the chance to play three maps with my buddy, didn't play epicenter though.

We did one round of scavenger and two rounds of conquest; really loving the maps, scavenger really seems to add a whole new dynamic (actually utilizing gun skills) to the game.. Definitely gonna play more of it!

scogoth

I've decided not to play AM for 3 months. All the stupid players are back to check out the new maps but they'll be gone again and AM will be awesome.

Maps are all pretty good, tho Epicenter is kind of small.

Really wish they'd add more gadgets and vehicles however, the crossbow and the new grenade launcher HMMV are a start.

Donos

Seems like the attachments for the weapons in Scavenger are fixed? At least for the maps. See the same attachments on weapons on the same weapons over and over. Would be nice if it would be random which attachments a weapon gets.

Seems like the attachments for the weapons in Scavenger are fixed? At least for the maps. See the same attachments on weapons on the same weapons over and over. Would be nice if it would be random which attachments a weapon gets.

Seems like a pretty small pool of available weapons, too.

How are maps overall in the base game?
Are there any more maps like Operation Metro(despised that map)

Maps in base game = Mixed, some good, most okay, some shit.
B2K = Great classic maps.
CQ = Surprisingly good maps.
AK = Meh, pretty average maps, can be good at times.
AM = Fantastic maps, best of the lot I'd say. Could be biased as they are the newest.

Anton are you using an injector? I notice in a lot of BF3 shots here that the the enemies names are in red while in my game they're orange.

Top Bottom