• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

You shall not insult the mighty Caspian Boarder !

I loved Caspian Border and Firestorm for CQ. Most maps weren't bad for Rush, with Metro and Damavand being my favourite I think.

It's just that I played Caspian so often for the first couple months that I got bored of it. I'll return to it eventually.

I loved Caspian Border and Firestorm for CQ. Most maps weren't bad for Rush, with Metro and Damavand being my favourite I think.

It's just that I played Caspian so often for the first couple months that I got bored of it. I'll return to it eventually.

I don't think I've ever played rush on Firstorm now that you mentioned it...

Ever.

The decision to not have 7 flag maps in the vanilla game was just baffling

I still enjoy Kharg and Firestorm but DICE has hit it out of the park with the expansion maps

The decision to not have 7 flag maps in the vanilla game was just baffling

I still enjoy Kharg and Firestorm but DICE has hit it out of the park with the expansion maps

How could I forget Kharg? That's my top three conquest maps from the base game:

Caspian
Firestorm
Kharg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You shall not insult the mighty Caspian Boarder !
Caspian didn't have enough vehicles in CQ, which made it pretty awful unless you mained air. Luckily, AK maps don't have that problem. Caspian is really underrated in Rush though, outside of hoofing it to the next MCOM.

Donos

After 2 hours today 16vs16 with all AM maps/modes: don't really like Talah market. The rest is awesome.

Azadi Palace > Markaz Monolith > Epicenter >>>>>>>>>> Talah Market

It seems that in Scavenger not only the attachments and weapons are fixed but also the spawnpoints (and their levels?).

I have the feeling that the AN94 lost punch but that's probably just me (nothing in the changelog).

Going to try 32vs32 conquest more. Don't think 64ppl Scavanger is fun for me. 32ppl seems fine.

After 2 hours today 16vs16 with all AM maps/modes: don't really like Talah market. The rest is awesome.

Azadi Palace > Markaz Monolith > Epicenter >>>>>>>>>> Talah Market

It seems that in Scavenger not only the attachments and weapons are fixed but also the spawnpoints (and their levels?).

I have the feeling that the AN94 lost punch but that's probably just me (nothing in the changelog).

Going to try 32vs32 conquest more. Don't think 64ppl Scavanger is fun for me. 32ppl seems fine.

It's just you. AN94 wasn't changed according to the guys who find the weapon stats directly from the game files.

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefiel...-1-07-details-exact-patch-changes-in-numbers/

IMACOMPUTA

is battlelog down? i can't login. It's telling me that my password is wrong.. (wtf) and when i go to "forgot password?" it says service unavailable.

CatPee

is battlelog down? i can't login. It's telling me that my password is wrong.. (wtf) and when i go to "forgot password?" it says service unavailable.

Just had a brief moment of trouble with logging in to Origin earlier (could go offline but not online), but it seems to be fixed now.

Donos

Been playing the new maps for a few days now and they keep growing on me, really good maps imo.

Best thing is that i thought that Aftermath is the last DLC but today i saw that Endgame is still coming in march. Nice. If you buy BF3 with premium in MArch you get quite a package.

Maps in base game = Shitty disappointment. Way too many funnel maps. I actually like Metro as an alternative but too many maps were built around it. BC2 crapped all over this game with the base maps. Caspian Border was the best, but even then, it was small by PC standards.

B2K = Great maps

CQ = Disappointing that they made this considering all the CQC maps they already had, but surprisingly fun.

AK = This showed DICE can do diversity-- CQ maps are solid, and AK maps were the other end of it. It really shows that DICE can make a well rounded game, it's a shame more maps weren't like this, but clearly, AK is limited on consoles. I imagine, and hear, that it's a blast on PC.

AM = Great fun maps, great emphasis on urban warfare

Really, DICE hit them all, but I didn't like the vanilla maps. Not that they were bad, but compared to BC2, they were nowhere near as Battlefield-y.

Question: Do you guys use alternative fire?

All the time. Got a medium/short range weapon and one sniper annoying you with repeated suppression? Switch to single shot and make him rage cause I can still kill him and he still sucks at aiming.

I don't find myself having to switch to single fire to take out a far away sniper, just controlled 2/3 round bursts with my heavy barrel weapon.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Hate heavy barrel vert recoil is to great for my tastes

I use it pretty often on most guns, but for single shot it's perfect since follow-up shots let the ADS spread reset faster. So a combination of the two makes for more powerful work. I use it on pretty much every AR with an ROF of 700 or less, plus the FAMAS minus the G3A3.

I do like burst mode if an AR has that option. The FAMAS and AEK are all pretty much burst guns to me since it prevents me from wasting ammo in bursts longer than I can control, and then I switch back to automatic for close up encounters.

I just started playing BF3 and I have a problem. Me and my brother are using the same PC and two Origin Accounts with the game. We noticed that the save file in single player is not actually tied to an account, so every time I try to play it I get my brother's progress.

My question is, will we have any problems playing online with two accounts on the same PC? Thanks in advance.

Arucardo

I just started playing BF3 and I have a problem. Me and my brother are using the same PC and two Origin Accounts with the game. We noticed that the save file in single player is not actually tied to an account, so every time I try to play it I get my brother's progress.

My question is, will we have any problems playing online with two accounts on the same PC? Thanks in advance.

Nope, only downside is if you both use different key binds or graphics settings since that's stored on the pc.

Hejdlond

I experienced a weird bug yesterday. Was running from B to C on Caspian (CQ Large) and suddenly I was thrust up in the air and died of bad luck. I've experienced something similar before getting smacked into a wall while vaulting over a wall. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

iPn0p5xaMGHqR.gif

I experienced a weird bug yesterday. Was running from B to C on Caspian (CQ Large) and suddenly I was thrust up in the air and died of bad luck. I've experienced something similar before getting smacked into a wall while vaulting over a wall. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

http://i.minus.com/iPn0p5xaMGHqR.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I have had quite a lot of similar experiences. I will just project forward very quickly. It will either take a considerable amount of my health down or kill me. Not sure what is happening but DICE needs to look into it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

Oh definitely. Happened to me yesterday, but it was called suicide, like I was falling off of a building. It MIGHT have to do with latency, as in the server thinks you're in one place but the game thinks you're in another, and when the server realizes this, it brings you back to where it thinks you were and accelerates you back to where you were, but due to the physics engine, you maintain momentum and smack into a wall or something and die. Always obnoxious, but I'm not 100% sure that there's something that Dice could do about it without risking awful rubber banding.

Donos

So is the crossbow useful at all without special bolts? I only changed to it for killing someone to get the assigment. I can't guess the drop momemtarily so i can only kill someone when i'm behind him and it would normally be a knife kill.

Only way how i think it is usefull to me is with the HE bolt (just 2 C4 kills till i get it) to bring Little Birds down because it has less drop then m302 and the bolt is faster. Also to cripple jeeps. Radar bolt could be useful when i play Assault class.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Has this been mentioned and I completely missed it?

shoes

Nice find. Confirming ME2 is in the works?

So is the crossbow useful at all without special bolts? I only changed to it for killing someone to get the assigment. I can't guess the drop momemtarily so i can only kill someone when i'm behind him and it would normally be a knife kill.

Only way how i think it is usefull to me is with the HE bolt (just 2 C4 kills till i get it) to bring Little Birds down because it has less drop then m302 and the bolt is faster. Also to cripple jeeps. Radar bolt could be useful when i play Assault class.

In the little time I played with the HE arrow, it has massive bullet(arrow) drop. I don't anticipate Little Birds getting shot out of the sky with the HE arrow unless he's right on top of you...

Donos

In the little time I played with the HE arrow, it has massive bullet(arrow) drop. I don't anticipate Little Birds getting shot out of the sky with the HE arrow unless he's right on top of you...

How fast is the bolt? If it travels as fast as the grenade from the m302 and has a similar drop, that thing is useless. Do you have 9 HE bolts or less?

Donos

It seemed similar to the m203. I don't remember how many to start with, but it was less than 10.

Here's a nice review of the xbow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMe_gmciEx4

Thanks, i hope i can unlock HE today. Need only 2 c4 kills. Had two C4 on a tank with 3 ppl yesterday but before i could trigger them the map ended -_-.

I can do without medipack on the Assault class, i momentarily play exclusively, if i have something against light armored vehicles.

Sorry for my english.

scogoth

HE is pretty useless unless you are within 10ft of something. Drop is massive, reload time is an eon and it has almost 0 splash damage. Regular bolt also has too much drop imo but ok for close quarters. Then the balanced bolt is awesome, instant sniper for any class making recon even more useless.

TheContact

are the servers down? I can't seem to connect. Origin says I'm offline. I've tried re-logging and manually going to the browser but Origin just comes back up saying I'm offline. A lot of the servers are empty I usually play on

Donos

are the servers down? I can't seem to connect. Origin says I'm offline. I've tried re-logging and manually going to the browser but Origin just comes back up saying I'm offline. A lot of the servers are empty I usually play on

Yep. Almost all my favourite servers are empty. Even when i search games only some servers have 1-2 people. Checked the forums

We're investigating some intermittent Origin connectivity issues and working to restore it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Closing this thread for the caps.

by EA_Rick

Fook, wanted to play 1-2 hours :(

Edit: Up again.

Watched the vid Mazdarati recommended. Holy shit, balanced bolt with Scope are beast together. You get basically a sniper weapon to your class with this.

CatPee

BA Bolt and a scoped XBOW is an excellent sniper. Saved my ass plenty of times where my RPK's range is just short and the other bad guy has a better weapon than me. I love the HE bolt for annoying tanks, low-flying helis, and close-range infantry killing too.

Donos

Grinded (Canals TDM with M417) for the xbow scope and balanced bolt and it was really worth it.
I had to laugh out loud when i shot a normal bolt while watching through the scope. The bolt dropped so fast that it looked really funny. The balanced bolt has really tiny drop.
I also totally forgot that you can change the bolts on the go. I think that's a bit op. Changing from balanced to HE in a fight gives you almost to many tools to deal with enemies.

Had a nice situation where i was on a little hill at epicenter while the enemy team made a huge push for a cap and got it. Suddenly i was behind enemy lines with a bunch of soldiers looking away from me and fighting teammates. Instead of trying to kill them with my AN94 i picked them one by one with the xbow (scope+balanced) and headshots. Got 5 and wounded some others before i had to leave the spot.

Good times.

Deadly

My game keeps crashing (not responding), is this some new problem? First time I play in months, I've never had a problem before.

Martian

My game keeps crashing (not responding), is this some new problem? First time I play in months, I've never had a problem before.

First try repair install, if that fails try update Punkbustr using this website.

I had multiple problems, most fixed by doing those things.

Also try reinstalling your webbrowser battlelog plugin

Top Bottom