• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Donos

Thought you couldn't land on the roofs of the markaz monolith rooftops. Had a match with half dozen snipers sieging the base spawn from differrent roofs.

scogoth

Tought you couldn't land on the roofs of the markaz monolith rooftops. Had a match with half dozen snipers sieging the base spawn from differrent roofs.

Step 1 Get scout heli
Step 2 Rape everything on rooftops
Step 3 Laugh manically
Win!

Tought you couldn't land on the roofs of the markaz monolith rooftops. Had a match with half dozen snipers sieging the base spawn from differrent roofs.
you can land on the rooftops, well, except for the SUPER TALL building in the middle. and you can also parachute drop onto the rooftops from a spawn beacon.

Donos

you can land on the rooftops, well, except for the SUPER TALL building in the middle. and you can also parachute drop onto the rooftops from a spawn beacon.

ah ok, tried to land 2-3 times on the rooftop and died instantly. Guess it was the tallest building.

IGLA/Stinger are back to beeing shit again. Clean hit only disables even a Little Bird.

Getting all sorts of instant kills in full health tanks again (receiving end). Another player complained about the same and someone else said, that's it's an instant kill if you get hit between tower and chassis. Is that true? Doubt it.

BoatAck

Getting all sorts of instant kills in full health tanks again (receiving end). Another player complained about the same and someone else said, that's it's an instant kill if you get hit between tower and chassis. Is that true? Doubt it.

It's happened to me quite a few times. I've been insta-killed with a tow from an LAV, while in a tank at 100%. I've also been taken down to around 20% or less from taking a shot from the front from a tank. It sometimes seems like I take more damage if I'm in a tank sprinting toward an enemy tank,and take a shot from them.

shuckit-

It's happened to me quite a few times. I've been insta-killed with a tow from an LAV, while in a tank at 100%. I've also been taken down to around 20% or less from taking a shot from the front from a tank. It sometimes seems like I take more damage if I'm in a tank sprinting toward an enemy tank,and take a shot from them.

Boosting (sprinting) forward in a tank and being shot in the front by another tank registers as a perpendicular "rear" hit. Seems to effect several vehicles and doesn't require a sprint, just moving at full speed is enough to cause this.

been in the game since forever. probably never to be fixed.

Boosting (sprinting) forward in a tank and being shot in the front by another tank registers as a perpendicular "rear" hit. Seems to effect several vehicles and doesn't require a sprint, just moving at full speed is enough to cause this.

been in the game since forever. probably never to be fixed.

You'll often see even bullet hit detection be completely reversed (i.e. the red crescent appears on the wrong side) if you're moving fast as infantry.

I'm so confused. Why is Origin doing a 3 GB update? I was playing a few days ago and didn't need an update. This can't be End Game, so what gives? @_@

CatPee

*joins server*
*does decent in jets*
*gets bitched at and challenged to dogfights by shitbucket players*

I just wanna play and unwind with some fun times after working retail. :(

I got Aftermath as a separate 3+ gb download after the balance patch.

The patch before was 1.4gb, not 3Gb, The 3GB patch was for aftermath. And the and the change log for the 1.4GB was pretty big.

Eitherway it's besides the point, this patch fix was 32mb which means they have the normal/expected patching system, and not "the most fucked up patching systems I have ever seen"

*joins server*
*does decent in jets*
*gets bitched at and challenged to dogfights by shitbucket players*

I just wanna play and unwind with some fun times after working retail. :(

I keep my chat always hidden because of stuff like that, it only gets you distracted anyway.

LEGGZZZZ

Man, I just fell in love with the sks. Never play recon, but now it's all I play. Aggressive Recon that is. Need to play with some gaffers, public matches are hit and miss sometimes. My BL id is Leggzzz.

CatPee

Man, I just fell in love with the sks. Never play recon, but now it's all I play. Aggressive Recon that is. Need to play with some gaffers, public matches are hit and miss sometimes. My BL id is Leggzzz.

Sent a request. I'm Minty.

Also one friend :lol

After copying it over just right click the icon on origin and press repair, it'll use the files that already exist and install/redownload whatever is missing.

Just came back to this today. Man games seem to take fucking forever compared to bf1942, even the servers with just 500 tickets. Kinda annoying, If I quit mid game does it save all my stats and work from that match? Also I only really love shooting down helis and jets, are damn tips those flares are fucking OP.

Just came back to this today. Man games seem to take fucking forever compared to bf1942, even the servers with just 500 tickets. Kinda annoying, If I quit mid game does it save all my stats and work from that match? Also I only really love shooting down helis and jets, are damn tips those flares are fucking OP.

Yes, it'll be saved.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I suggest finding something more enjoyable to do. The flares are barely adequate because everyone has lock on. Almost makes a pilot pine for WW2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can I just say I'm disappointed with Aftermath? I dunno. Maps aren't awful but I'm not really feeling them.

BF3 and B2K are all I need, really. :/

Sethos

Banned
Just had to try the new maps. Joined an empty server and walked around, believe it was on Epicentre where I found a large road. Followed it until it started looking weird ... Guess the out-of-bounds thing wasn't quite working :p

5fck0g.png

Got to the end and turned right, then it looked like this

4wmj6m.png

It looks fucking gorgeous on my 2560x1440 27" monitor! I wish I had a better gpu and use ultra settings. The only thing I need to do is get a new kb and mouse now...

scogoth

It looks fucking gorgeous on my 2560x1440 27" monitor! I wish I had a better gpu and use ultra settings. The only thing I need to do is get a new kb and mouse now...
And then you'll want a 3rd GPU an two more 2560x1440 monitors then a more powerful CPU....... It never ends!

But yeah BF3 is a beautiful game

Top Bottom