• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

There's 4583 people playing Battlefield 2 right now, a 6 year old game.
There's 949 people playing BattleField 1942 right now, a 10 year old game.

Both pale in comparison to CS 1.6 though. The retail game is 12 years old, 1.6 is 9 years old and still 58K online earlier today.

So I got the Premium Edition for Christmas and im having a great time.
Helicopters took a while to get used to and I still prefer the Bad Company controls.

Really think the choice of Metro as the beta map was huge mistake as most of the others are great.
I regret waiting this long to get it.

I decided to give this game a second chance after an underwhelming reaction to the console. Picked up the Premium Edition from Amazon while it was $30.

I've been trying to play this game after installing all of the current map packs for a good 40 minutes now, but I keep disconnecting from matches after 5-10 minutes of play. It's really frustrating. Even the whole battlelog website being the "game menu" has thrown me off. I have an open NAT so I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Any advice?

I decided to give this game a second chance after an underwhelming reaction to the console. Picked up the Premium Edition from Amazon while it was $30.

I've been trying to play this game after installing all of the current map packs for a good 40 minutes now, but I keep disconnecting from matches after 5-10 minutes of play. It's really frustrating. Even the whole battlelog website being the "game menu" has thrown me off. I have an open NAT so I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Any advice?

PS3?
I have been having thathappen alot this afternoon/tonight

Nekrono

Oh I meant I was playing it on PC for the first time. No matter what I do it seems like I can't play for a full match. It's not really helping me try to get into this.

You're not getting crashes right but actual disconnects? What error are you getting? Try disabling UPnP on your router/modem.

OG Kush

Have they fixed armored kill rush yet? (uninstalled BF3 just had enough of it and needed space for other games, but reinstalling now for aftermath)
And also how can people enjoy 64 players with suppression? On bigger maps its alright but on smaller ones it just fucks up your game so much.

I hate it when I want to play a "Quick Match" and press on "Find A Game" and they put me on a server with some bizarre rules where people are kicked when they, for example, use the stinger.

They should implement a policy / option that servers with non-standard rules (except ticket count maybe) are only visible in the server browser, so people don't get randomly put on those servers.

Gemüsepizza;45835153 said:
I hate it when I want to play a "Quick Match" and press on "Find A Game" and they put me on a server with some bizarre rules where people are kicked when they, for example, use the stinger.

They should implement a policy / option that servers with non-standard rules (except ticket count maybe) are only visible in the server browser, so people don't get randomly put on those servers.

They should automatically disable those weapons when the rule prohibits to use them, like KZ2 does.

DarkFlow

Banned
I don't know what it is about the ps3 players, but they seem to piss me off more then PC. The thing is I'm better at the ps3 one too, so it makes no sense. They all just seem like cheating little fucks too me, ugh.
They do seem to enjoy base camping a lot more on the ps3, and that takes all the fun out of playing.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just bought the PC version. Game crashes upon clicking the "Video" tab within the options menu screen. Any ideas?

zychi

Banned
cant find a single server where i dont get kicked for playing well. i'm so tired of killing an admin and dominating his squad, then i get kicked for some bs reason.

so many butthurt people over k/d ratio.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Have they fixed armored kill rush yet? (uninstalled BF3 just had enough of it and needed space for other games, but reinstalling now for aftermath)
And also how can people enjoy 64 players with suppression? On bigger maps its alright but on smaller ones it just fucks up your game so much.
By not playing Metro 64?

scogoth

cant find a single server where i dont get kicked for playing well. i'm so tired of killing an admin and dominating his squad, then i get kicked for some bs reason.

so many butthurt people over k/d ratio.
Free bourbon and beer, =E=, Pure Battlefield, EVGA, Insomnia..... it goes on and on.

Hey - my battlelog id is SaltyDoughnut

If anyone wants to add me, i'd be down to play in some 4/4 mic'd squads, it makes the game so much better.

(mumble/TS work for me too if someone can refer me to a place that's often populated with people)

scogoth

Hey - my battlelog id is SaltyDoughnut

If anyone wants to add me, i'd be down to play in some 4/4 mic'd squads, it makes the game so much better.

(mumble/TS work for me too if someone can refer me to a place that's often populated with people)

Mumble info
UPDATE: New backup server!

Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739 (75 slots)
Backup server: IP = 72.5.195.123 and port = 64738 (50 slots, can increase if its needed)

If the backup server is acting laggy or something, let me know so I can turn off any applications on the server that might be causing the problem.

Make sure to update to Mumble 1.2.3A ASAP.

Doomed, norua, splinter and I are on most nights 8-10EST. Been pretty quiet during the holiday but I will be playing more starting next week. Whalezz plays often but needs to use his mic more!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
So I got Premium from Amazon for 20 bucks and I'm trying to get back into this game but for some reason it's making me using a new soldier rather than my normal one. I have 2 level 0's (dunno why, they've always been there) and my main that's level 42. It's forcing me to use a level 0. Should I contact support?

CatPee

So I got Premium from Amazon for 20 bucks and I'm trying to get back into this game but for some reason it's making me using a new soldier rather than my normal one. I have 2 level 0's (dunno why, they've always been there) and my main that's level 42. It's forcing me to use a level 0. Should I contact support?

wat

The game limits you to only one soldier anyway. Got a screenshot?

NameGenerated

DWRCU.jpg

They've literally been there since launch. I haven't played in like 8 months, but like I said I just got Premium so I wanted to see the new stuff.

I just got done with support and they just emailed the case to a different group. Tried to get them to delete the soldiers but he said "as much as [he] wants to" he can't do it.

Those 2 kills I just got in a game before I realized it was on the wrong guy.

CatPee

Did you ever change your Origin name before or login credentials? If so, try changing it back to NameGen. Or use the function near the top of the screen to change your main soldier (usually used for switching between console/PC soldiers).

CatPee

Weird. Try going on /r/battlefield3 and get in touch with one of the community reps. He could probably do something about this, or at least get DICE to do something.

NameGenerated

Ok I found a thread where a dude from Dice said

With today's Battlelog update we added a feature that automatically chooses the PC soldier for you, even if you have a Xbox/PS3 Active Soldier selected. Battlelog/Origin only supports one soldier on PC, anything else might have worked before, but has never been fully supported.

Please contact EA support, they should be able to help you remove any unwanted PC soldiers.

That was Oct. 18 2012. I guess I'll just wait for support to contact me, or maybe try a different person. Whack.

Mumble info

Doomed, norua, splinter and I are on most nights 8-10EST. Been pretty quiet during the holiday but I will be playing more starting next week. Whalezz plays often but needs to use his mic more!

Homie I'm always on mumble, just not in the GAF mumble. GAF mumble sucks cause that dirty frenchman Norua keeps his mic open which fucks up my sound. We've had between 4-8 people on on the mumble I use most nights.

Without a doubt, I just played the greatest round I ever will play in BF3. Everyone should bow down before me for I am a battlefield god.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/52402110/1/173466410/

I'm impressed. I have spent a grand total of 10 minutes in that thing and only got 1 kill.

Patita

Neo Member
I wish that I bought premium earlier. I bought it from amazon on the christmas deals.

Anyhow, I'm not that great at it like some of you but anyone who wants to add me, this is my battlelog ID: DoGnA

I'm gonna download Mumble and trying it for the first time.

Seance

Banned
Just got Battlefield 3 for PC. Campaign works. Online co-op works. But i'm never able to join a server. It says connecting for a while then "Unable to connect to server" error message.

Everything is up to date according to the game manager.

Funny thing is, when I disable punkbuster i'm able to join a game no problems, except therre are no populated servers in my region without it.....

Spl1nter

Just got Battlefield 3 for PC. Campaign works. Online co-op works. But i'm never able to join a server. It says connecting for a while then "Unable to connect to server" error message.

Everything is up to date according to the game manager.

Funny thing is, when I disable punkbuster i'm able to join a game no problems, except therre are no populated servers in my region without it.....

Update punkbuster manually.

Top Bottom