• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

metalshade

So I just recently got into BF3 on PC after having had a long break from it on consoles, looking to be added to the GAF platoon if its still functioning, and hopefully have some friend requests?
Did dice ever add voip support or is that still 3rd party?
Im metalshade01 on Origin.

scogoth

So I just recently got into BF3 on PC after having had a long break from it on consoles, looking to be added to the GAF platoon if its still functioning, and hopefully have some friend requests?
Did dice ever add voip support or is that still 3rd party?
Im metalshade01 on Origin.
Platoon is not functioning. No VoIP support, we use mumble. Check the official unofficial mumble thread

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Do they split the mumble servers by team or is it just a free for all? That's the only thing that's given me pause. Silent BF3 feels like playing with bots sometimes.

Ocho

Do they split the mumble servers by team or is it just a free for all? That's the only thing that's given me pause. Silent BF3 feels like playing with bots sometimes.

Only GAF members join mumble so that we, as a squad, can communicate. We have no need to communicate with others.

I just started playing this again on PC, and was wondering if anyone can help me.
I was thinking about using the colour tweaker but I heard reports a while ago of people getting banned for using it, were those legit or is it safe to use?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it doesn't work anymore. I guess I'll need to live with the shitty blue filter.

CatPee

FXAA injector? It still works, as far as I know. Swapped it out for SMAA a while back and I noticed a shift in colors immediately.

Ketch

Where does BFGAF play at on PC? I'm not sure if I want to get back into TF2 or BF3... you all have all the expansions too don't you? I think I have the karkand but that's it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That jet video Butterstick posted is nice. But I'll never be able to handle the jets at 300MPH with a good aim on consoles. NEVER. D:

The Pawn Shop is my new favourite server. Admins are laid back as fuck and there are no rules besides hacking. It feels good to drop an N bomb from time to time without getting banned.

That jet video Butterstick posted is nice. But I'll never be able to handle the jets at 300MPH with a good aim on consoles. NEVER. D:

Yes you can! I actually just switched over to kb+m, i was using a 360 controller before that. I'm still getting used to the new control scheme, but I found that I was at a disadvantage when flying against kb+mouse users. However, if you're on an even playing field . . . .

Ocho

The Pawn Shop is my new favourite server. Admins are laid back as fuck and there are no rules besides hacking. It feels good to drop an N bomb from time to time without getting banned.

image.php

What in the shit has been going on with Origin/BF this past week. I've been getting forced into offline-mode with Origin here and there, but with Battlefield I'm getting a ton of "Battlefield 3 has stopped working..." crashes and PunkBuster PacketFlow kicks.

Seems like it has been getting progressively worse and happens on any and all servers. Nothing has really changed on my end.

Just me?

Spl1nter

Yeah they showed it at the Gamestop managers thing a day before the PS4 reveal. Shame it didn't show up at the PS4 briefing.

Personally I expect a jump in quality similar to BC1 to BC2 to BF3 for BF4. Its pretty clear they had a number of good ideas for improvements after releasing BF3 and with expansion pack feedback and direction. Also 2 years more development time with FB2 with BF3 being the debut FB2 game. FB2 is evolving pretty quickly with the amount of support and use it now has and will have in the future from EA. Seems to be the next-gen engine for all non sports games for EA. (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515065) My only question is when Battlefield series goes persistent world/f2p/yearly cost singular product model.

buhdeh

So I just got premium and I'm really sad that they saved this stuff for the expansions. Feels like there's a huge drop off in players from release (and in terms of servers running the expansions).

Have only tried CQ so far (others are still downloading) but I love that office map and having an entirely different experience in BF3. The vanilla maps are so bad.

So I just got premium and I'm really sad that they saved this stuff for the expansions. Feels like there's a huge drop off in players from release (and in terms of servers running the expansions).

Have only tried CQ so far (others are still downloading) but I love that office map and having an entirely different experience in BF3. The vanilla maps are so bad.

1322242789542.gif

Spl1nter

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/207/249/1322242789542.gif

But they are.

Grand Bazaar - Bad
Teheran Highway - Bad
Caspian Border - Good
Seine Crossing - Bad
Operation Firestorm - Bad
Damavand Peak - Bad
Noshahar Canals - Bad
Kharg Island - Bad