• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Donos

Have to jump back to BF3.
After a little LAN Party i found new love for CS 1.6. No silly tanks, helis killing you from everywhere.
Still dominating in this game (90:17 on de_dust2). Another good guy which had like 30:2 started crying that i'm a cheater and whined to a mod who kick/banned me -_-. Maybe he doesnt't want to share his spotlight.

Still have to finish the BF3 campaign. Do you get something out of it like for the Coop Campaign?

Have to jump back to BF3.
After a little LAN Party i found new love for CS 1.6. No silly tanks, helis killing you from everywhere.
Still dominating in this game (90:17 on de_dust2). Another good guy which had like 30:2 started crying that i'm a cheater and whined to a mod who kick/banned me -_-. Maybe he doesnt't want to share his spotlight.

Still have to finish the BF3 campaign. Do you get something out of it like for the Coop Campaign?

All you'll get out of the sp campaign is a feeling of disappointment.

scogoth

I find it funny they never even banned either of us. Apparently they think the entirety of GAF haxes too.

It was that one guy, the level 100 on their team with a 4.3 kd/r. I owned him like 8-1 on one of the matches, and he was crying to the rest of his clan. The guy who admin'd the server was really cool, he talked to me a bit afterwards, and I was surprised he did that. Most people who run servers just throw out an immediate ban. Maturity on the internetz, go figure.

Which server was this? There are a few out there that hate the GAF tag
mostly due to splinter
. One of the mods on PURE hates me personally cause I told him to fuck off because he kept intentionally switching me to the losing team right before the round ended.

Acinixys

Most people who run servers just throw out an immediate ban.

I havent played BF in over a month, so i hopped into a game of Bazaar conquest. Played about 10 minutes and was 45/2 before getting kicked by the admin. The reason: "FAMAS is a noob gun go kill yourself"

Oh, the joys of 12 year old admins

mostly due to splinter
. One of the mods on PURE hates me personally cause I told him to fuck off because he kept intentionally switching me to the losing team right before the round ended.

I think it was the premium mix server. The guys have an [R] clan tag, and I was surprised that they were actually friendly.

CatPee

mostly due to splinter

Pawn Shop something server, I believe.

EDIT: Smoking is bad for your healthKDR.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I just built a new PC and got a deal on the regular version of BF3 for 9.99. I've been loving it so far, a lot of fun. Kind of want to get a DLC but don't really wanna shell out the money for premium. If I were to just buy one, what should it be?

Also don't like how non-premium are like second class citizens :(

CatPee

I just built a new PC and got a deal on the regular version of BF3 for 9.99. I've been loving it so far, a lot of fun. Kind of want to get a DLC but don't really wanna shell out the money for premium. If I were to just buy one, what should it be?

Also don't like how non-premium are like second class citizens :(

Wait for a sale. Premium was just put on sale for $25 very recently.

Yeah I don't know what the hell you were doing lol!

Killing people with smoke is fun!

Killing people with smoke is fun!

in BC2 i was ALL ABOUT DAT LIFE, but i haven't really been doing it in BF3

360_faceless360.png

ps3_faceless360.png

probably because they don't have separate stats just for smoke launcher kills now

<3 protube

Ha ha thanks guys. I though the song was appropriate troll music.

I'm going to put up an example video a little later on showing some flying styles to share with everyone, for those who want to learn a bit about defensive flying. It has guest GAF stars!

Ocho

Two good jet pilots can really shut down most of the enemy team on some maps. Had a round on Caspian the other day where we were raped by the enemy jets and heli. I'm a mediocre pilot myself so I couldn't really put up much of a fight, though I did try a few times but got blown out of the sky as soon as I took off.

The reason why I need Beef (Buttersticks) and Minty (Catpee) on my team.

Jets are OP as hell. Well, I wouldn't say OP, but more 'top of the food chain.' Minty and I were playing a game the other day where the ground AA gave us a ton of trouble.

Also, if you're learning to fly and you use a joystick or controller, immediately switch over to KB+Mouse. Once you get adjusted to it, you'll feel the difference. It's night and day. I recently switched, and while it took me a good week or two to get used to it, I definitely feel like its the better control option.

I just can't enjoy this game as much as the Bad Company series for some reason. I was thinking playing it at ultra would increase my enjoyment, I also bought BF premium but I just don't like this game....

on the other hand I bought Bad Company 1 for PS3 and so far I really love it, even though it runs on frosbite 1.0. The BC series "meatier" compared to BF3, the overall physics are also a lot more fun (flying bodies, cool helicopter take downs and all). I think I enjoy the more arcady nature of the BC series.

I think BF3 is too hardcore for me :/ I really wish we were getting Bad Company 3 instead of BF4 this year :(

scogoth

I just can't enjoy this game as much as the Bad Company series for some reason. I was thinking playing it at ultra would increase my enjoyment, I also bought BF premium but I just don't like this game....

on the other hand I bought Bad Company 1 for PS3 and so far I really love it, even though it runs on frosbite 1.0. The BC series "meatier" compared to BF3, the overall physics are also a lot more fun (flying bodies, cool helicopter take downs and all). I think I enjoy the more arcady nature of the BC series.

I think BF3 is too hardcore for me :/ I really wish we were getting Bad Company 3 instead of BF4 this year :(

Sales of BC2 and BF3 disagree with you. They make sequels to games that make money.

Ocho

BFBC2 had a certain charm, but can't really say if that was because I found a true BF experience in the ps3 for once or if it was really better than BF3.

I do think the classes made more sense in BC2, tho.

Ocho

Four free shots. Yeah it's pretty good, what would you want instead?

All this time, I've been playing without it... and doing pretty good. I wonder how I'll fare.

In other news, noticed a friend writing in russian in a battlelog report. Wondering wtf was heppning, I decided to check it out: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54227377/1/ 500 kills, 12 deaths. Those RU and their hacks. He's pretty happy for all the xp he gained, though.

All this time, I've been playing without it... and doing pretty good. I wonder how I'll fare.

In other news, noticed a friend writing in russian in a battlelog report. Wondering wtf was heppning, I decided to check it out: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/54227377/1/ 500 kills, 12 deaths. Those RU and their hacks. He's pretty happy for all the xp he gained, though.

all that and he still only have an spm of 1017 in 13 hours. fail.

Top Bottom