• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

iVZUCSLBGbRqW.gif

strafer: If you (or any other) want to play with (some fellow) swedes, add me on Battlelog. Usually we are about 4-6 people (of 12 or so) playing using Mumble for voice comms. We mostly play on weekends but once in a while we play on weekdays and with End Game releasing soon there will be some serious time spent on BF3 in the coming weeks. Here's a few clips of us playing.

valeo: This probably sounds obvious, but try to take it slow and steady and move cover to cover as much as you can and not charge straight ahead. An example: If the enemy has captured a control point, wait for them to head to the next one and pick them off instead of rushing in to capture it back. Other than that, I'd recommend watching some tutorials by Xfactor, there's a lot of BF3 specific stuff to learn.

What a coincidence. I had this happen yesterday. I mean, I didn't die, but I got slingshot like 100 meters. I never ever had it happen before. Did something get patched/broken?

MrBig

Tried to hop back into this for a bit and am getting a punkbuster version error and kick from any server. I've validated the game, latest updates and such; anyone know what's going on with that?

lionelhutz

New PC update

New game and server update on PS3 and PC today
We are also happy to be pushing a new game update and server update live today on PS3 and PC. See below for the full change list and download instructions. Let us know what you think in the comments section below. X360 will get the same game update in conjunction with End Game at a later date (no later than March 12th).

Please note: As usual, the server update takes some time to populate all available PC servers. Servers that are not yet updated with the latest version will not be playable until they have undergone the update. If you are unable to join your favorite PC server presently, please use the server browser to find another server for now. If it has active players, it means it has already been updated with the latest server version.

Game update change list: Tweaks and fixes
TV-missile should no longer be able to blow up the helicopter shooting the missile.

Fixed an issue where the proximity defense ability of the Mobile Artillery in Armored Kill does not kill enemies that are standing at a corner of the vehicle. Blast radius extended to 3 meters.

Scavenger mode ticket count in Aftermath increased from 150 to 300 to create matches that last a bit longer.

Fixed incorrect spelling on Aftermath dog tags.

Enabled player movement in Gun Master mode in pre-round.

Fixed an issue where an AT mine kill could count as a vehicle kill.

Improved the position of the repair icon so that it won’t disappear outside the screen while repairing.

Solved a teleportation glitch where the user could teleport if using a knife and a mortar in combination.

Fixed an issue where the Air Radar would display a minimap when running on a hardcore server with minimap disabled.

Fixed an issue where the player camera would flip 180 degrees if the player was revived in water.

Solved an issue where having spawn immunity while being in a vehicle that gets destroyed would grant the player invulnerability.

Improved the behavior of destroyed Rhib boats so that they have proper interaction with other vehicles.

Fixed an issue where landing a helicopter on a mobile artillery vehicle would make the helicopter invisible.

Solved an issue where a counter on Operation Metro lacked collision so that players were unable to put their bipod on it.

Fixed an issue where team swapping could be used by server admins to team kill.

Fixed an issue where the floor collision of a particular building would disappear if destroyed by a vehicle.

Added ticket status in the end of round screen for Scavenger Mode.

Fixed an issue where door textures appeared on the floor of certain buildings in Grand Bazaar.

Fixed an issue where the player health was displayed improperly on kill cards in Hardcore Mode.

Enabled the Co-op dog tags to be used freely within the game since they were unobtainable in their previous design.

Fixed several collision issues causing players to get stuck unintentionally. Levels affected: Operation Metro, Noshahr Canals, Wake Island, Damavand Peak, Operation Firestorm, Earthquake, And Caspian Border.

Fixed several collision issues where the player was able to get out of the playable area on several maps. Levels affected: Talah Market, Epicenter, Markaz Monolith, Noshahr Canals, Grand Bazaar, Azadi Palace, Operation Metro, and Seine Crossing.

Fixed a bug to make sure that unranked servers always have scoring enabled.

Additional rcon commands
We added some additional rcon commands for players renting a server on PC. For documentation on these, please reach out to your server provider.
Added player.idleDuration rcon command.
Added player.isAlive rcon command.
Added player.ping rcon command.
Added squad.listActive rcon command.
Added squad.listPlayers rcon command.
Added squad.private rcon command.
Added squad.leader rcon command.
Added player rank to listPlayers rcon command.

How to download the March update on your platform
PC: As soon as you start your Origin client, the latest game update will automatically start downloading (unless you’ve disabled the option “Automatically keep my games up to date”, in which case it will start downloading when you try to run the game). In Battlelog, you will be notified from the Game Manager. Once you acknowledge the update, it will start downloading within the Origin client.

PlayStation 3: When you start the game, you will be prompted that there is an update available. To continue, you must accept the update, which will install automatically.

Donos

bah, went back to PK-A sights with the AN94 because i couldn't take out far away enemies so easy with Kobra anymore. Going to tune my mouse setting a bit more to get back to Kobra sight groove. Would maybe help to not play the game on low on all graphic settings :(

Oh shit, totally forgot about Endgame :O . So close.

Nothing interesting or major in this pc update.

Fuck man, this week is going to kill me. Tomb Raider, Sim City, and BF3 expansion all in the same week.

Just in time for my new 680 though :) I have two 580's I might want to sell, if any of my BF Broz are interested. PM me!

zychi

Banned
i cant download the update that origin says i need to play bf3. is there an alternate way to do this? or is it literally a new patch and people are hammering the servers?

e: and just as i posted that, it starts to download. phew

Tawpgun

Air Superiority mode looks boss, but I can forsee a lot of glitching with planes colliding.

Maps look big and hence bad for consoles. Oh well.

Mully

Air Superiority mode looks boss, but I can forsee a lot of glitching with planes colliding.

Maps look big and hence bad for consoles. Oh well.

I'm excited for it on PC. I can learn how to fly a jet without getting shot down so often.

Donos

wtf download only at 200 kb/sec ... only 6 hours to go oO... i have 50mbit down ...
I guess there are no ways to download the 6 GB from other sources?

If you want mine kills, jihad jeeping is the way.

Agreed, the Jihad Jeep M-Spec is the way to go. Put the mines on the bonnet/hood of the jeep and then drive at speed towards the bad guy. When you get within range, press the leave vehicle key to instantly explode. You'll die, but so will they :)

But I always play with you so I would be a useless squad member. SMAW/Repair is the way to go in a real game

It's not that bad. On maps like Wake you're like a human TV missile and will be taking down vehicles left, right, and centre. Think of it as Close Jeep Support.

When will DICE learn to patch properly? I understand this patch adds MCOMs to Damavand Peak and fixes geometry problems between players and the map, but 6GB? This feels like BFBC2 where you had to completely redownload any file that even slightly patched instead of only downloading the deltas. Don't really mind because my internet is quite good, but its strange that DICE doesn't know how to create patchable games. Could be a Frostbite limitation.

When will DICE learn to patch properly? I understand this patch adds MCOMs to Damavand Peak and fixes geometry problems between players and the map, but 6GB? This feels like BFBC2 where you had to completely redownload any file that even slightly patched instead of only downloading the deltas. Don't really mind because my internet is quite good, but its strange that DICE doesn't know how to create patchable games. Could be a Frostbite limitation.

We've had really small patches before. If it's 6GB it's because it's probably necessary. Most likely the geometry changes to the maps are causing the big size.

Top Bottom