• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Varna

I know this isn't the exact place for this. But seriously, fuck origin.

I decided I wanted to play this game again. So I download origin, install BF3. Except Karkand is missing... no record or anything. I don't even want to deal with the hassle of going through their support.

scogoth

But they are.

Grand Bazaar - Great
Teheran Highway - Amazing
Caspian Border - Good
Seine Crossing - Incroyable
Operation Firestorm - Bad
Damavand Peak - Fantastic on CQ
Noshahar Canals - Low fly ceiling is best fly ceiling
Kharg Island - Bad
Operation Metro - Merde

I didn't know you were such a fan

gamma

I know this isn't the exact place for this. But seriously, fuck origin.

I decided I wanted to play this game again. So I download origin, install BF3. Except Karkand is missing... no record or anything. I don't even want to deal with the hassle of going through their support.

EA live chat support is actually really good.

valeo

Takes me 3 days to download the game. I manage to clear some time with the Mrs so I can sit down and play for a bit. Finally join my first server - get kicked out for having incorrect punkbuster version. Update punkbuster manually. Now it's down for maintenance for the next 4 hours.

Modern gaming!

Ocho

But they are.

Grand Bazaar - Bad
Teheran Highway - Bad
Caspian Border - Fine
Seine Crossing - Bad
Operation Firestorm - Fine
Damavand Peak - Bad, only dat jump is good
Noshahar Canals - BEST TDM MAP
never play tdm
Kharg Island - Fine
Operation Metro - Worst map in FPS history (I kid, Nuketown is)

I agree, none of the maps are particularly 'good'. But some are fine.

valeo

PS3 Premium: March 5th, 2013
Xbox 360 & PC Premium: March 12th, 2013
PS3: March 19th, 2013
Xbox 360 & PC: March 26th, 2013

scogoth

Caspian is a little too slow paced for my tastes, on account of being vehicle starved.

We still don't have release dates for End Game? March is next week.

Vehicle starved? 2 jets, heli, AA, two tanks, tank spawn, millions of jeeps. How is that at all vehicle starved for a 5 flag map?

Donos

I love and hate the AN94 now. Some days i pick enemies from around the continent (Kobra sight) all days and other days this shitty rifle can't kill anyone. Seems like i make 5 dmg on this days. Can't really wait to play this game with a proper PC and some more fps.

Spl1nter

I love and hate the AN94 now. Some days i pick enemies from around the continent (Kobra sight) all days and other days this shitty rifle can't kill anyone. Seems like i make 5 dmg on this days. Can't really wait to play this game with a proper PC and some more fps.

Thats just an an-94 thing, its a frustrating gun. You need to use it for a few hours before you have the proper burst timing down.

It's funny, as they've released more expansions, I've begun to like the smaller maps more, like all of Aftermath and CQ, Karkand and Sharqi from B2K, but practically none of AK, except for maybe Death Valley. The infantry fighting just feels ace in this game.

I also love Sienne and that one night map in Iran from the original set, but hate Metro and Darvamand conquest. Go figure.

scogoth

Every spawn needs a vehicle. That wasn't really the case in Caspian. I had to hoof it across the map way too often after spawning on the flag and I just got sick of it. I usually go air when I play the vanilla air maps.
A and e have jeeps and tank spawn, b c d are all within 100m of each other, deployment has two tanks, two jets, mobile AA, attack heli, and three jeeps. If that not enough then I don't know what is. I would rather that then a vehicle spawn at every flag but the are flags 800m apart like bander.

It's funny, as they've released more expansions, I've begun to like the smaller maps more, like all of Aftermath and CQ, Karkand and Sharqi from B2K, but practically none of AK, except for maybe Death Valley. The infantry fighting just feels ace in this game.

I also love Sienne and that one night map in Iran from the original set, but hate Metro and Darvamand conquest. Go figure.

I've had the same feeling, while the vehicular combat is still great I prefer the maps that incorporate more infantry combat, especially the ones that combine the two with a lot of infantry and a little vehicular (Aftermath maps, Tehran Highway).

strafer

Stupid question but can you close the browser when you're in-game? I'm afraid to do it.

Chrome eats a lot of memory and I want it closed.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Does anyone know what's up with this Punkbuster error I keep getting? I updated PB as per the instructions, but every server I try with PB kicks me after a minute.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'DarthWoo' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.325) - Error loading pbag

Mathezar

So it looks like the new dropship is basically an AC-130 which spawns when capping a specific base, anyone know if it has any weapons for defense like in Armored Kill? Otherwise the dropship will be shot down in no time...

scogoth

So much trolling... Don't listen to them strafer.

You're the troll. Look ma no chrome!

7lrFNzb.jpg

valeo

Christ I am hopeless at this game. I've always been alright at FPS games - but I find it so hard to pick people out in BF3; probably doesn't help that I don't know the maps..

Hejdlond

iVZUCSLBGbRqW.gif

strafer: If you (or any other) want to play with (some fellow) swedes, add me on Battlelog. Usually we are about 4-6 people (of 12 or so) playing using Mumble for voice comms. We mostly play on weekends but once in a while we play on weekdays and with End Game releasing soon there will be some serious time spent on BF3 in the coming weeks. Here's a few clips of us playing.

valeo: This probably sounds obvious, but try to take it slow and steady and move cover to cover as much as you can and not charge straight ahead. An example: If the enemy has captured a control point, wait for them to head to the next one and pick them off instead of rushing in to capture it back. Other than that, I'd recommend watching some tutorials by Xfactor, there's a lot of BF3 specific stuff to learn.

Top Bottom