• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

scogoth

I hate this man.
bnqvh.gif

Hater.

Is it weird that we haven't seen or really heard much (other than those rumors) on BF4 yet? It's releasing at the end of the year.

We have to wait for E3 for that dude to come back and show us a few off screen videos for a few seconds at a time and then ask random people "DO YOU THINK JETS WILL BE IN THIS GAME."

Norua

Banned

Hahah, this is perfect. He's definitely ready for France.

tell me more.

Mine! > Is there any reason why we should be excited about mines? It's that important that we need it in the title?

RendeZook! > He did a cool thing months ago. Since then, everybody and their mothers have done the same thing two or three times. Let's get over it.

Wa Isl! > Spelling? I love Wake Island, but why should it appear in the title? It's the mine problem all over again.

Too many exclamation marks.
Great, now I feel like those weird dudes who write 5,000 characters reviews about a toothbrush on Amazon.

as for "Wa Isl!", that's a console vs PC joke. initially on console there was only a 3 flag CQ version with almost half the island out of bounds for the Russian team.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Anyone come across someone they thought was using a macro?

I came up on someone in which he would juke to the left, duck, then move 180 degrees in the opposite direction and jump. It was in such a quick, fluid motion making him extremely hard to hit. He did this exact move a few different times and it looked identical each time. Am I wrong to assume he's using a macro? In the 600+ hours of BF3, I've never seen anything like that before.

or maybe I'm just getting old...

Anyone come across someone they thought was using a macro?

I came up on someone in which he would juke to the left, duck, then move 180 degrees in the opposite direction and jump. It was in such a quick, fluid motion making him extremely hard to hit. He did this exact move a few different times and it looked identical each time. Am I wrong to assume he's using a macro? In the 600+ hours of BF3, I've never seen anything like that before.

or maybe I'm just getting old...

Strike that. For some reason I thought I was in the CS thread. Not sure if true bunnyhopping is possible in BF3.

RoKKeR

Thought I'd pop in and spark up a discussion about BF's future. Have you guys been following EA's investors call today? There are a few interesting tidbits relating to Battlefield.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510838&highlight=

Medal of Honor was essentially killed today, which led to a lot of speculation about the future of the BF franchise. As a result of this, many are speculating BF will become annualized and there is a lot of BC3 speculation as well as a result of Danger Close being out of a game to work on.

Thoughts? I'm a bit worried about the future and EA's persistence on Battlefield being their main franchise.

I think they were planning on making BF biannual, no? Annual I'd have a problem with, as I think the quality would suffer. CoD sucks ass, as every iteration feels pretty much the same. Please don't go annual Dice.

I wouldn't mind a release followed by paid content over the course of two years to keep the game interesting.

RoKKeR

I think they were planning on making BF biannual, no? Annual I'd have a problem with, as I think the quality would suffer. CoD sucks ass, as every iteration feels pretty much the same. Please don't go annual Dice.

I wouldn't mind a release followed by paid content over the course of two years to keep the game interesting.
Well if you think about it, Battlefield has kind of been biannual for quite a while now. The thought is now it'll be a 'mainline' Battlefield title followed by a 'Bad Company' title year after year. What is tricky about that is the fact that BC and BF's gameplay styles are very different. With CoD, you get the same game every year and nobody is the wiser, but there is a clear difference between playing a BC game and a BF game, so to speak. So how that will effect the audience/sales/reception and all of that is beyond me, but I'm interested to see how EA handles it.

Also, we'll be getting Battlefield 4 news in May according to the call. A little later than I would have liked, but everybody is waiting on Microsoft and Sony right now when it comes to announcing big next gen projects.

Well if you think about it, Battlefield has kind of been biannual for quite a while now. The thought is now it'll be a 'mainline' Battlefield title followed by a 'Bad Company' title year after year. What is tricky about that is the fact that BC and BF's gameplay styles are very different. With CoD, you get the same game every year and nobody is the wiser, but there is a clear difference between playing a BC game and a BF game, so to speak. So how that will effect the audience/sales/reception and all of that is beyond me, but I'm interested to see how EA handles it.

Also, we'll be getting Battlefield 4 news in May according to the call. A little later than I would have liked, but everybody is waiting on Microsoft and Sony right now when it comes to announcing big next gen projects.

True, I was talking about the mainline BF (a la BF3) without taking into consideration the side releases. To revise, I think BF3 in 2013, BC3 in 2014, BF2134 in 2015, etc might be too much BF. Divy that shit up to 2 years in between each title.

RoKKeR

True, I was talking about the mainline BF (a la BF3) without taking into consideration the side releases. To revise, I think BF3 in 2013, BC3 in 2014, BF2134 in 2015, etc might be too much BF. Divy that shit up to 2 years in between each title.

As much as I'd love that, this is EA we are talking out. They need one of their biggest franchises out at the forefront as much as possible. I don't want it to happen, but I think it's inevitable.

Norua

Banned
If you'd already seen them, why did you post this blah blah

Obviously, by reading the word "mine" in a Battlefield thread, I think of actual mines, not some random videos made years ago.

I'm the guy who understands the relevance of the thread title. You must be the other guy.

I meant who the fuck are you as in "What's your nickname on BF3/Mumble?". I don't think I ever saw a "endlessflood" playing with us.
It seems like you're the one who's not relevant here. Please leave.

Hejdlond

Best game of this 'generation,' and I hate using that term as I'm only a PC player.

Go big or go console.

I agree, 645 hours and counting and I don't like I'll get tired of it until BF4 releases.

I'd like to see them continuing in the vein of BF3 and release DLC until the next game releases instead of spreading their resources and do something half-assed for both games and split the playerbase.

While I probably won't buy the new consoles I look forward to them because it means the coming BF games won't be hold back by ancient console hardware anymore. Until a few years down the line, at least.

Ep20%20-%20Bouncy%20AMTRAC.gif

The magical flying AMTRAK

Obviously, by reading the word "mine" in a Battlefield thread, I think of actual mines, not some random videos made years ago.
In the BF2 days those videos were massive. DICE even reference them in a BF3 dog tag, and the creator of the videos now works for DICE: you might recognise the name "Noken" from all of the BF3 trailers they've put out.

is there really a clear difference though? they manage to shuffle the deck quite a bit between every BF game, mainline or not.

scogoth

I'm the guy who understands the relevance of the thread title. You must be the other guy.
I'm the guy who is drunk as fuck right now with the room spinning and is the head of every real GAF bf3 platoon and has everyone of importance on his friends list. I have norua as a friend not you.

Moaradin

Man, this is seriously tempting me to get back into BF3. How was the Aftermath DLC? I might pick up premium for $20 and get that and Endgame.

Ocho

Stop fighting guys, you're making Spl1nters cry.

I must confess I didn't understand the title until the explication a couple of posts ago. Maybe we should start thinking about the BF4 thread title. Go.

Battlefield 4: Bad Company |OT| Jets are more OP. Micro transactions. F2P. EA.

Stop fighting guys, you're making Spl1nters cry.

I must confess I didn't understand the title until the explication a couple of posts ago. Maybe we should start thinking about the BF4 thread title. Go.

Battlefield 4: Bad Company |OT| Jets are more OP. Micro transactions. F2P. EA.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Don't play with Bad Company

RoKKeR

Blog post about End Game

Really like the idea about each map featuring a different 'season'. Should add some nice variety. Air Superiority is also awesome, but I'm worried about the inevitable heat-seaker fest.

Looking forward to this.

I only recently (few months ago) got into BF3 and got it along with Premium thingy.

Mostly stuck to single player at first, since I hadn't played much FPS titles in a while.

Anyone here want to add me to their friends list or whatnot? I'm so down to get into the multiplayer some more. After a couple months of jumping into a random game here and there, I finally realized I could modify my loadout on the website -_-

Donos

I only recently (few months ago) got into BF3 and got it along with Premium thingy.

Mostly stuck to single player at first, since I hadn't played much FPS titles in a while.

Anyone here want to add me to their friends list or whatnot? I'm so down to get into the multiplayer some more. After a couple months of jumping into a random game here and there, I finally realized I could modify my loadout on the website -_-

Which region are you?

When you get into multiplayer games then always join a squad. I would recommend 32ppl (or straight 64) conquest. Caspian Borders is a good map for a start. Caps are easy to differentiate.

Have fun.

Holy shit. Just tried the second coop mission again in hope to be the gunner but i was the pilot. Normally i die withing 1 minute as pilot because i crash. I don't know why but suddenly kb/m just klicked with me and i fled the heli pretty good. That was an awesome feeling. Don't think i could handle a normal conquest match with heli but damn that felt good.Going to try Little Birds in emty server more now.
What are most of you flying with ? kb/m, stick or gamepad?

Top Bottom