• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

smik

Ok how do i play specific DLC maps?

Bought the premium edition for $25 (steal!) redeemed my code and downloaded all the maps off the store for free, search tdm on specific maps and no dice, either no one is them or just a 2/3 people in the room.

did i miss something, do people have the same DLC packages when i join? or is it segregated?

On Xbox360

Also is there specific search options like DLC pack list, Eg END GAME DLC, AFTERMATH DLC

Just bought Bad Company 2 off Steam, hope it sold well yesterday maybe EA will put BF4 on Steam :)

BTW I started playing BF3 again today and the game kept crashing, it turns out SweetFX was causing it to crash (Dxdiag.dll), will sweetfx work with BF3 again?

I'm very surprised that dirt bikes can be shot by javelins. As someone who's gotten far more tank kills with an RPG than a javelin, though, I'm not sad about it.

Ok how do i play specific DLC maps?

Bought the premium edition for $25 (steal!) redeemed my code and downloaded all the maps off the store for free, search tdm on specific maps and no dice, either no one is them or just a 2/3 people in the room.

did i miss something, do people have the same DLC packages when i join? or is it segregated?

On Xbox360

Also is there specific search options like DLC pack list, Eg END GAME DLC, AFTERMATH DLC

Noshahr Canals and Kharg Island are the most popular TDM maps by far.

search will only show the current map a server is running, but you can check the server's map rotation on the server settings screen.

are you using the filters (R3) when you search?

Contacted EA support about BF2142 missing on my Veteran rank... now I got this:

untitled8tuti.png

Way to miss the point EA -.-

I'm really starting to enjoy this, even if I'm still ASS and get booted out of 1/4th of my games. Shit is really smooth on my 560, although I had to turn a few settings down

so is everybody ditching this game when Battlefield 4 hits?

Anyone want to squad up? I need a decent chopper pilot. I'm 4k away from the TV missiles. I cant take these randoms anymore. It's so painful. I'm on PC and my tag is GlenChivas

Ryder

Hey guys i recently started BF3 again on PC and the game is not launching it says i need to download the "Browser Plugin to play the game" which is the "open game manger" download

i doanload it it but it does nothing.

i was wondering if any guys here have come upon it before, it seems like its a popular issue.

thanks for any help

I'd like to point out that I hate Anti Air with a passion. Some people literally spend minutes standing in a corner and keep spamming those damn IGLAs/Stingers whenever they can. Not to mention the mobile and stationary AA's are a pain to deal with.

CatPee

I'd like to point out that I hate Anti Air with a passion. Some people literally spend minutes standing in a corner and keep spamming those damn IGLAs/Stingers whenever they can. Not to mention the mobile and stationary AA's are a pain to deal with.

They're not too bad. Either delay triggering ECM until the missile's fired off or deploy flares the instant they're fired, then fly away out of range and wait for reload. Effective air requires some smart playing.

Whole minutes? My god! And firing off as many of their specific counter-measures as they can carry? The humanity! Why, pilots should be free to wreak havoc on the map at their leisure. The impertinence of the Engineer class!

Whole minutes? My god! And firing off as many of their specific counter-measures as they can carry? The humanity! Why, pilots should be free to wreak havoc on the map at their leisure. The impertinence of the Engineer class!

The problem here is that no one was using them before the heli nerf, but now that it only takes one person to take a heli down everyone is using them. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Helis were not a problem before, it required 2 people to take them down, just like the heli carries 2 people. Now they're useless.

The problem here is that no one was using them before the heli nerf, but now that it only takes one person to take a heli down everyone is using them. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Helis were not a problem before, it required 2 people to take them down, just like the heli carries 2 people. Now they're useless.

No one was using them before because they were ineffective. With the pilot and gunner perks stacking, they couldn't be hit at all. Now a pilot has to actually fly instead of hovering over the battlefield and mowing down everyone. I love being a gunner in a good pilot's chopper. Eventually we'll get shot down, but I'll rack up plenty of kills before then. No vehicle is supposed to be a constant, invulnerable presence.

No one was using them before because they were ineffective. With the pilot and gunner perks stacking, they couldn't be hit at all. Now a pilot has to actually fly instead of hovering over the battlefield and mowing down everyone. I love being a gunner in a good pilot's chopper. Eventually we'll get shot down, but I'll rack up plenty of kills before then. No vehicle is supposed to be a constant, invulnerable presence.

This is bullshit. All it took was 2 people, and there's 32 in a team. Yet there's only 1 heli. Just because people didn't work in a team/squad doesn't mean that's reason to nerf the opposing threat. That's ridiculous.

I never had any problems taking down helis pre-nerf. I wasn't however an impatient lone wolf.

This is bullshit. All it took was 2 people, and there's 32 in a team. Yet there's only 1 heli. Just because people didn't work in a team/squad doesn't mean that's reason to nerf the opposing threat. That's rediuclous.

I never had any problems taking down helis pre-nerf. I wasn't however an impatient lone wolf.

Ah, I forgot this is the PC thread. I'm a 360 gamer. You can rarely get 12 people to effectively co-ordinate on consoles. You'll never get anyone to be a recon and use a SOFLAM, so javelins are strictly anti-tanks. And it never took just 2 people, because pilot and gunner's perks stacked, so there was always ECM-flare-ECM-flare...

Do you disagree that heli's were overpowered? I find that most pilots are simply angry that they don't have free reign over the maps anymore. How would you balance them versus infantry, or do you not think they should be?

DarkFlow

Banned
Good, I know I make it a point to annoy the shit out of anyone that Kills me with a chopper. I will hunt you down.

Ah, I forgot this is the PC thread. I'm a 360 gamer. You can rarely get 12 people to effectively co-ordinate on consoles. You'll never get anyone to be a recon and use a SOFLAM, so javelins are strictly anti-tanks. And it never took just 2 people, because pilot and gunner's perks stacked, so there was always ECM-flare-ECM-flare...

Do you disagree that heli's were overpowered? I find that most pilots are simply angry that they don't have free reign over the maps anymore. How would you balance them versus infantry, or do you not think they should be?

it only takes 2... they really weren't that bad of a deal before the nerf. nowadays they're pretty hilarious, though at least not as bad as BC2: Vietnam!

fawaz

Banned
So i tried playing for the first time since launch, only to be reminded why i hated origin.

The game won't fucking launch! I just get the initializing at the bottom left corner, it disappears in a few seconds and nothing happens.

Tried re-installing origin and it didn't work.

Can anyone please help.

So i tried playing for the first time since launch, only to be reminded why i hated origin.

The game won't fucking launch! I just get the initializing at the bottom left corner, it disappears in a few seconds and nothing happens.

Tried re-installing origin and it didn't work.

Can anyone please help.
Usually when I can't launch BF3 I log off of battlelog and origin, and then log in back to battlelog. After that I just join a match and that makes origin start up automatically as usual and start the game. Maybe that might work with you.

fawaz

Banned
Usually when I can't launch BF3 I log off of battlelog and origin, and then log in back to battlelog. After that I just join a match and that makes origin start up automatically as usual and start the game. Maybe that might work with you.

tried it already. nothing.

fawaz

Banned
It looks like BF3.exe appears for about 15 seconds and disappears when attempting to start campaign and multiplayer.

fawaz

Banned
I've had this problem and, if I remember correctly, my video drivers were the problem.
I already updated my ati 5850 to the latest drivers.

What's funny is that a simple google search reveals that hundreds of people have/had my problem, but none of those assholes follow up on their threads. They just keep the solution to them selfs.

Lord Phol

So uh does this game still have an active multiplayer?
Thinking about purchasing it now that I got a beefier PC, but with battlefield 4 on the horizon I'm not sure it's such a good investment.

Im also guessing you will need the premium package with all the expansons?

Ocho

Thinking about purchasing it now that I got a beefier PC, but with battlefield 4 on the horizon I'm not sure it's such a good investment.

Still active, maybe not GAF, but a lot of people online are playing. I'd suggest you wait for the BF3 Premium combo goes on sale for $30 bucks, usuaally.

CatPee

You just missed a sale for the Premium Edition from GMG for ~$27. :(

Top Bottom