• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Vossler

Been wondering how big the full install is as well, as I'd liek to jump back in. Origin says ~20 gb, but I assume that is without patches?

Hejdlond

Vanilla unpatched: 11GB
Latest Patch: 5.89GB
Karkand: 2.94GB
Close Quarters: 2.75GB
Armored Kill: 3.63GB
Aftermath: 3.8GB
End Game: 4.1GB

I'd recommend using SweetFX over the FXAA injector, much more tweakability.

iVFnVkTXU1SM0.jpg

Is it me or do the new maps... kinda suck...
At least for Rush. Seemed like there was very little opportunity for cover in at least one base per map. The desert map was terrible for attacking, since both Mcoms were in the same, nearly impenetrable building (only 3 methods of entry and they all suck ASS, two are easily watchable from nearly every position on the enemy side at the same time, the other is... well the enemy side. :/). Snow map was terrible because it was a bunch of tight ass hills, so either you were in a ditch getting shot by people you never saw coming, or were poking your head up for easy sniping. Man, hated those.
Forest one was good though, actually had some cover. A little too much grass in some spots, couldn't see for shit if you were crouched it seemed, but I didn't play that one too much.

I suck too much at jets to comment. :x

Vanilla unpatched: 11GB
Latest Patch: 5.89GB
Karkand: 2.94GB
Close Quarters: 2.75GB
Armored Kill: 3.63GB
Aftermath: 3.8GB
End Game: 4.1GB

I'd recommend using SweetFX over the FXAA injector, much more tweakability.

Can someone guide me on how to install and do this?

Also, WOW, ran into an aimbotter yesterday and someone was accusing someone else of cheating today.

Is this common?? Makes me real upset, if the PS4 version of BF4 matches the PC version, I may as well go for PS4.

Hejdlond

It's easy, just extract the the .7z file to your BF3 folder. You can use a pre-defined BF3 setting from here, try the one by KyleN or the one I'm using. Users have reported SweetFX not working after installing Windows update KB2670838 though, so you might have to uninstall that one. The sweetFX thread on Guru3D also has users posting their presets from other games.

I've run into 3 or 4 aimbotters since release, but I record everytime I play so they don't last long after that. But yeah, it sucks and I really hope DICE does something better with their anti-cheat measures for BF4. Hackusations are sadly thrown around all the time by (mostly) bad people who also whine about weapon x being OP or noobish. But you can always hide the chat by pressing H if it bothers you.

Playing BF4 with a controller, eeeew . . . (sorry, console people!)

RoKKeR

Can someone guide me on how to install and do this?

Also, WOW, ran into an aimbotter yesterday and someone was accusing someone else of cheating today.

Is this common?? Makes me real upset, if the PS4 version of BF4 matches the PC version, I may as well go for PS4.

You must be new to PC gaming.

CatPee

Aimbotters do exist, but it's like 1 in 25-30 games for all the time I've played. Hackusations are common. If you do super good or get the drop on someone, you'll probably be accused at some point throughout playing. Don't actually think that the accused is hacking, because chances are they're not.

EDIT: Oh hey, Premium Edition did go on sale after all for $24. Anyone without Premium should buy that.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Air Superiority is full of bads.

Surprisingly, it's better for racking up points than Op. Metro. ~15,000 points not including awards in 30 minutes is pretty good.
An uneven game of AS looks like sharks fighting over chum. I don't think the people on the chum side would be scoring that high. It's good enough to be worth $15 all by itself though.

Spazo

It's easy, just extract the the .7z file to your BF3 folder. You can use a pre-defined BF3 settings from here, try the one by KyleN or the one I'm using. Users have reported SweetFX not working after installing Windows update KB2670838 though, so you might have to uninstall that one. The sweetFX thread on Guru3D also has users posting their presets from other games.

I've run into 3 or 4 aimbotters since release, but I record everytime I play so they don't last long after that. But yeah, it sucks and I really hope DICE does something better with their anti-cheat measures for BF4. Hackusations are sadly thrown around all the time by (mostly) bad people who also whine about weapon x being OP or noobish. But you can always hide the chat by pressing H if it bothers you.

Playing BF4 with a controller, eeeew . . . (sorry, console people!)

thx for all this info !!

Is there a way to get vsync working with sweetfx ?

tried nvidia control panel, Nvidia Inspector and in-game.. nothing works :(

strafer

We are also happy to announce our final dog tag challenge. If all players can collective reach 200,000,000,000 in score by the end of Sunday March 17, we will unlock the new “Forever a Noob?” dog tag for all players.

LOL

I badly want to play End Game now but there are so many patches. Just downloaded a big patch and now the game wants me to download the actual DLC. The game is already 24.4 GB big EXCLUDING the single-player and now I'm downloaded another 1.7 GB. It's quite ridiculous.

derFeef

Battlefield is always the same for me.
Play religiously, be pretty good, then start getting rubbish and get frustrated and take a pause for some months - then DLC comes again - rinse and repeat. I am in the getting rubbish mode now -.-

Ocho

Play religiously, be pretty good, then start getting rubbish and get frustrated and take a pause for some months - then DLC comes again - rinse and repeat. I am in the getting rubbish mode now -.-

I go through the same process, kind of. I play more deliberately after a break, going cover from cover, thinking things through. After a while, I only rush from point to point carelessly only to try to get more points than spl1nter/norua.. and fail miserably.

Spl1nter

This expansion pack has been the greatest thing since noura's french food basket. More people playing which means less good pilots flying. Plus air superiority which has seemed to taken away most of the good pilots.

MrBig

Yeah I put 100 hours into the console version playing extremely well, then I got the game on PC and was doing well some more, went to play some other games, came back and barely cared to play properly. Now the game just feels so wrong and doesn't interest me at all. Kind of upset I bought the PC version + premium ($60 total) at all.

mr_nothin

Banned
On the PC tons of servers have nothing but the vanilla maps in rotation and they are more than busy enough. People just need to learn to filter better and also to scroll down on their battlelog to add larger amount of servers to their searches.

Lot of servers for first few weeks go exclusive to the new DLC but will change back to more variety soon after.

I already know all of that and I know the tricks. There arent that many servers running a lot of the vanilla maps. It's Grand Bazaar, Metro, or D. Peak....that's it

Norua

Banned
This expansion pack has been the greatest thing since noura's french food basket. More people playing which means less good pilots flying. Plus air superiority which has seemed to taken away most of the good pilots.

Remember the first day of the expansion, we experienced the longest life ever man.

Loved Aftermath but this one is a lot more fun.
TV TV TV!

Edit: It hurts every time you misspell Noura. I mean Norua.

Donos

I'll call CTF Nebanda Flat from now on just "Bobby Lee Swagger Memorial Map" or just AWP Map.
Last round almost the whole other team was sniping from back of the flag or the large barn and nobody attacked our flag (i'm usually more the defender type). I just took our spawning tank and drove to their flag then drove back to our spawn with the flag to make a point. One lonely soldier thought that it would be smart to defend their flag.
Funny thing is that if you constantly move and have full health they can't do shit with their snipers. Was running and jumping 3 minutes on the hill behind our flag (we had the southern spawn) and heard the shot impacts around me.

Now that i played around 5 hours only CTF of the new maps i would rate them:

Operation Silverside > Kiasar Railroad >>>>>>>> Nebanda Flat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sabalan Pipeline.

Going to test 64 ppl Conquest Large next but beside the Bikes and the CTF mode Endgame is almost the weakest DLC for me so far. Still Aftermath > CQB > Armored Kill > Endgame

If they only added Scavenger and CTF to the other maps :(

FireRises

I applied for the GAF platoon about a week ago, is it still active? I need more peeps who plays this game, even though I suck (just got it a few days ago). Tag is Gobias

oh sweet - i'll add a bunch of those guys later today - mic'd BF3 is really the only BF3 for me at this point.

It's a team game and Dice should've given the PC crowd a simpler voice setup from the beginning...

Hejdlond

iOfFVOM55R3Az.gif

Ep 31 - Bye bye, orjan

Having a blast with End Game, I've liked all the expansions except for Armored Kill (too much time spent traversing IMO) and I have a hard time rating them since they all give somewhat different experiences but I've probably spent most on Close Quarters since it's the easiest to play by yourself and it kind of gives me that fix that I get from old arena shooters (which I also play from time to time).

I've played for about 750 hours now and I'll easily break 1000 before BF4 releases. Can't remember having this fun with any multiplayer game since Quake and Unreal Tournamet 99 and 2004.

FACE

Banned
If I had the skills(both in video editing and the game) I'd definitely make an endgame video set to the Black Kamen Raider theme.

So, because of this Origin sale and because I really want to try out my new graphics card, I got the Premium Edition of BF3.

Now, are there people on GAF still playing a lot?

Anyone mind playing with a noob? Also, I have been a console gamer most of my life so I suck with keyboard and mouse. :p

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Just transferred from ps3, i want to fucking kill somebody, i hate the first snipers and the american assault/smg..

I miss all my old shit >.<

metalshade

Hey guys, when playing coop, my score is 160000 something, which is enough to unlock all weapons, but when I try to view the G3A3 on my weapon select screen, it tells me that I only have 126000 something coop score, what gives?

Top Bottom