• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

AEREC

Got premium for $15 on amazon...so it looks like ill be getting back into this for a while. Been almost a year since I last played.

Roki6

Banned
BF GAF i need your help. I would like to take advantage of current xbl sale.
I have 1500 ms points , so enough for 2 map packs

- i play mostly conquest
- i dont like planes and helicopters (but i dont mind them on the map)
- class i use the most is engineer.
- i always liked Bad Company 2 maps more than bf3

What two map packs do you recommend?

Tnx

Edit. I just saw there is a console thread. I will ask there.

Norua

Banned
BF GAF i need your help. I would like to take advantage of current xbl sale.
I have 1500 ms points , so enough for 2 map packs

- i play mostly conquest
- i dont like planes and helicopters (but i dont mind them on the map)
- class i use the most is engineer.
- i always liked Bad Company 2 maps more than bf3

What two map packs do you recommend?

Tnx

Back To Karkand (first DLC)
End Game (last DLC)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What? End Game and Back to Karkand play fine on console's 32 players.

Armored Kill is the only one that has issues with the smaller playercount and sort-of struggles to run on consoles (unless that pop-in is in the PC version?)

scogoth

What? End Game and Back to Karkand play fine on console's 32 players.

Armored Kill is the only one that has issues with the smaller playercount and sort-of struggles to run on consoles (unless that pop-in is in the PC version?)

No pop in. Playing 32 on b2k and end game feels like playing in a ghost town on PC.

TheSeks

Sounds like the PC playerbase doesn't PTFO on 32 players, IMO.

The "ghost town" effect only happens if people aren't spotting and checking areas.

Take it with a grain of salt but we have 24th of Sept here

bf4-beta.jpg

source : http://bf4central.com/2013/05/battlefield-4-beta-coming-september-24/

#PREPARE4BATTLE

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Anyone know any straight up vanilla servers that rotates all the maps or has map vote? I don't want fast vehicle respawns, I don't want super long 1000 ticket games, I don't want a 3 map rotation. I just want a regular server that runs premium maps.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Damn my life. I hopped in a pretty good CQ server and was having fun, then realized that the shit was like 2000 tickets. Do you guys like playing on one map for HOURS in ONE match like that?

Spl1nter

Damn my life. I hopped in a pretty good CQ server and was having fun, then realized that the shit was like 2000 tickets. Do you guys like playing on one map for HOURS in ONE match like that?

No. 150% is the sweet spot for most maps however. Normal ticket count is to low.

If you are NA, here are some of the better servers. Missed out on PRC there if you are closer to west coast, its a really good server.

nCnUcZl.png

No. 150% is the sweet spot for most maps however. Normal ticket count is to low.

If you are NA, here are some of the better servers. Missed out on PRC there if you are closer to west coast, its a really good server.

nCnUcZl.png

I am banned from half of those for being too 1999-style 'leet.

BROS! When is the BF4 MP reveal tomorrow?

Divius

Go to the left corner of origin and click origin -> Redeem code -> Enter "BF3E3" (without ") -> enjoy a free copy of Close quarters

Will work until june 19th

For those that don't have it yet. via /r/battlefield3

TheSeks

Go to the left corner of origin and click origin -> Redeem code -> Enter "BF3E3" (without ") -> enjoy a free copy of Close quarters

Will work until june 19th

For those that don't have it yet. via /r/battlefield3

And double exp is up for 144 hours. Which is stupid since the level cap is a grind without it. Might as well leave it perma-on now that we're in the twilight months of BF3 before 4 hits.

Storm360

I get corrupted textures at the end of the second game, then greeted with the message "DirectX Function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands. GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680", Driver: 31422
Any ideas?

So I've already got Karkand and Close Quarters expansions. Whats gafs opinion on the rest of the expansion maps? Any thing there that is worth the $15 for premium?

So I've already got Karkand and Close Quarters expansions. Whats gafs opinion on the rest of the expansion maps? Any thing there that is worth the $15 for premium?

Personally, I like all the expansions. They each offer a different experience, it all depends on what you are into. Just look up some videos and decide for yourself.

Donos

Didn't play BF3 for 4 month. Wanted to fight my PC/PS3 backlog but PS+ is not helping. Also my laptop is starting to fade out but i have no money atm to buy me a good new rig/laptop. BF3/BF4 multiplayer is the sole reason to do this. Only MP game after Cs 1.6 and TF2 that keep me hooked.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Year and a half out this is still the best online shooter out there. I love mixing it up between the CQ and regular BF stuff. Recently got a few of my friends on here after playing by myself for 100+ hours.

demonkaze

So I've just got the premium edition and been trying to get into this but ive got a problem. My system more than surpasses the max settings and im on a 680 but after about an hours gameplay it starts artifacting everywhere making it unplayable.

BF3 is the only game that doea this so I know its not my GPU melting or anything, any other ways of getting this to work?

Prelithe

So I've just got the premium edition and been trying to get into this but ive got a problem. My system more than surpasses the max settings and im on a 680 but after about an hours gameplay it starts artifacting everywhere making it unplayable.

BF3 is the only game that doea this so I know its not my GPU melting or anything, any other ways of getting this to work?

I had freezes with my GPU only on BF3, but I was able to fix this but underclocking the GPU. Not sure if that will help with your problems but you could give it a shot.

Minion101

Banned

My shitty brand 460 gpu does this after 5 minutes if I don't speed up the fans. Use MSI afterburner to do it.

Top Bottom