• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Atruvius

Already tried that.

Have you tried running BF3 and Origin as an administrator?

There's also someone's solution at BF's forum.
if you had problems after the last update or longer then that, try the following!

Rename your BF3 folder in documents!
Then Uninstall origin!

Then Uninstall Bf3 webbrowser plugin.(close browser 1st)

Delete after uninstalling Both folders

Download origin and after opening browser download and install browser plugin.

Install Origin.

Game started to freak out on me.

It loads a level on the background and when I switch to it the PC reboots and GPU fans go to it's max setting -.-

Guys I only have vanilla game with Karkand DLC.

And I saw that all DLC for BF3 are on 50% sale so I wonder what DLCs would you guys recommend? I'm interested in Close Quarters but no idea about the others?

Overdoziz

Banned
After 400+ hours on the 360 I finally bought the game for PC yesterday for €10. Went for the regular edition because I rarely even play the DLC maps on console and since BF4 is not too far off I don't want to waste money on that.

Which one would you consider to be the worst than?

CQ does close combat better.
AK/EG/B2K does wide combat better.

Aftermath is sort of in the middle and isn't really better at neither.

Ha ha just busting your balls man :) To be honest if I had to choose one I didn't like it would be AK. I think AM is actually my favorite. I personally enjoy mid-sized maps featuring urban combat. Sharqi and Karkand are my two favorite maps in the game, and AM adds more in that vein.

That's what's makes the BF series superior to other FPS games . . . All the maps are tailored to different playstyles.

I'm LTTP to this, but I finally got BF3 premium. Loaded a couple of matches this morning, and I think getting killed from random places because I don't know the map is lame. It feels similar enough to BC2 that I think I will enjoy it though. Good thing spotting still works, that way I don't feel totally useless. I loved playing the massive maps, is Conquest Assault everything that it's made out to be? Should I be playing regular Conquest instead?

Overdoziz

Banned
Its because you can actually aim on a PC
I know this is kinda of a joking comment, but I do have to adjust a bit to people actually being able to aim. On the 360 you can run through enemy fire all the time without much issue. So far I haven't really been able to rush forward as much as I do on console.
Still feel like the 870 does more damage, though.

--

Also, does anyone feel like teaming up some time? Going from playing with a proper team to playing solo is a bit rough.

I know this is kinda of a joking comment, but I do have to adjust a bit to people actually being able to aim. On the 360 you can run through enemy fire all the time without much issue. So far I haven't really been able to rush forward as much as I do on console.
Still feel like the 870 does more damage, though.

--

Also, does anyone feel like teaming up some time? Going from playing with a proper team to playing solo is a bit rough.

Already crawling back

zychi

Banned
Anyone have any recommendations for deathmatch servers? EVERY time I get kicked.

"K/D has to be below 1.5!"

"Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Please choose a server in your own country!"

Ridiculous.

Anyone have any recommendations for deathmatch servers? EVERY time I get kicked.

"K/D has to be below 1.5!"

"Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Please choose a server in your own country!"

Ridiculous.

find a better server with a vibrant and accepting community?

This game just isn't catching on to me like BC2 did. Sure the graphics are very pretty, but servers are so imbalanced. One team is always doggy stylin the other side, and no one gives a shit.

Also I need to find out what the new MAGNUM AMMO thing is in this game. Spotting people, putting rounds in them and then watching them turn and off me with 2 shots is getting a little old, even at like level 8. Any pointers appreciated.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It killed "skill," get some. Okay, that comes off slightly dickish so uh... play Hardcore if Softcore is too much for you, I guess...?

Guns and kill speed are shorter than BC2. If you're eating two bullets, it's either lag or you're taking fall-damage from some maps (so you're at 75% health) to where two bullets will end you if they have good aim on you.

Magnum Ammo was bullshit and I'm glad it's gone. It made most of the slot-2's in BC2 pointless since you had to slap Magnum Ammo on yourself to run competitive with people.

CatPee

But the servers are running and have people in them, how does that work?

It's an attack on the backend servers that handles logins, master server lists, etc., not the actual game servers themselves. Not everyone is affected at once either. For me, I get a "You have disconnected from EA Online (1)" on some servers and can join fine on others.

It's an attack on the backend servers that handles logins, master server lists, etc., not the actual game servers themselves. Not everyone is affected at once either. For me, I get a "You have disconnected from EA Online (1)" on some servers and can join fine on others.

I don't think it's server related, I think it has to do with the protections they are implementing.

Basically right now I get that 2 times, the 3rd time always works, even if on the same server.

Abylim

Just got this, slightly confused.

Is this mostly just vehicle combat? Are there default servers that are active? Pretty different from COD in a lot of ways.

Ocho

Is this mostly just vehicle combat? Are there default servers that are active? Pretty different from COD in a lot of ways.

Some maps are pretty infantry oriented. Maps in the close quarters expansion set are basically this.

Oh man, I got Premium months ago and only dabbled in the maps but had not touched the End Game stuff until yesterday.

Capture the Flag is sooooo much fun! I usually only mess around with big Conquest matches when I play BF3 but I had a blast going through all of the End Game maps with Capture the Flag.

Its way more vehicle oriented than CoD. The Close Quarters expansion is probably the most similar to CoD but many of the other maps are much bigger and utilize way more vehicles- if not for combat then at least for getting around on some of the bigger maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

SMH. Of course it's going to be different from hitscan shooty shooty. :/

Top Bottom