• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Deadly

Change your renderaheadlimit to 0 then. That'll give even less input lag.

Either that, or you're not used to playing with the reduced input lag. Default is 3 I believe.

gstrender.renderaheadlimit 0 or gstrender.aheadlimit 0?

My resolution also keeps resetting since I tried the tweak. I know it's irrelevant but I have no idea why it would do that either.. I had already changed stuff in the file before and it was fine.

mr_nothin

Banned
Any idea why random battlelogs don't show up?

Edit: battle reports rather.

Its not random at all. Whenever yOu're disconnected or quit from a game...you dont lose those stats. The stats get counted whenever that match, that you left, finishes. Those "random" battle reports are just those previous matches completing. So if you got disconnected from 2 diffgames, you will have 2 battle reports come in at later time whenever those matches complete.

Is there a way of downloading BF3 from origin on one PC and transfer it to another? Sort of like how you can do it on Steam by copying the steamapps folder.

Its not random at all. Whenever yOu're disconnected or quit from a game...you dont lose those stats. The stats get counted whenever that match, that you left, finishes. Those "random" battle reports are just those previous matches completing. So if you got disconnected from 2 diffgames, you will have 2 battle reports come in at later time whenever those matches complete.
Well this can't be the case all the time. The report I was missing was from a game that I stayed in from beginning to end. I wanted it to show so I could click my cousins user name and add him to battlelog. The following game I quit and it showed up just fine, as did all the following. The one I wanted to show up took about an hour or so to show.

Edit: Maybe I should explain better. The report was there in so much as I could click the map icon. But when it loaded it said it was no longer available. It did pop up eventually, but it was an hour or so later.

Divius

Is there a way of downloading BF3 from origin on one PC and transfer it to another? Sort of like how you can do it on Steam by copying the steamapps folder.
Yes. I did this with a friend of mine whose internet is pretty slow. We just copied the cas_01.cas to cas_10.cas (9.5 GB total) that are in the data folder and his origin recognized the files.

Yes. I did this with a friend of mine whose internet is pretty slow. We just copied the cas_01.cas to cas_10.cas (9.5 GB total) that are in the data folder and his origin recognized the files.

I'm downloading BF3 and B2K though so will I have to move any additional files?

scogoth

Scogoth > When are you coming back man ? Next week like Splinter ?

Jan 2nd maybe or Jan 9th not sure yet.

EDIT:

December 30th
Happy Holidays and welcome newcomers who got BF3 Christmas! As many of us are busy this time of year (myself included) we haven't had too many people playing. Before the new year we are hosting a end of year game night on Friday Dec 30th starting at 8PM EST. Come out and join us on mumble for one last night of fun before partying for New years! I don't think many of us will be online Jan 1st ;) not in the morning at least.

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net port:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

gstrender.renderaheadlimit 0 or gstrender.aheadlimit 0?

My resolution also keeps resetting since I tried the tweak. I know it's irrelevant but I have no idea why it would do that either.. I had already changed stuff in the file before and it was fine.

GstRender.RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0

Divius

I'm having the worst BF3 day ever today. I keep losing 1-on-1 firefights and I keep getting spawnkilled as in; I clear an area and then an enemy spawns and kills me or I spawn on a squadmate who seems safe, but when I spawn I die. How do I go from 7-0 (yes I started fine) to 9-8 within minutes? You can't explain that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Jan 2nd maybe or Jan 9th not sure yet.

EDIT:

December 27th
Happy Holidays and welcome newcomers who got BF3 Christmas! As many of us are busy this time of year (myself included) we haven't had too many people playing. Before the new year we are hosting a end of year game night on Friday Dec 30th starting at 8PM EST. Come out and join us on mumble for one last night of fun before partying for New years! I don't think many of us will be online Jan 1st ;) not in the morning at least.

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net port:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

TBH I'm starting to get a bit burnt out on BF3. I've put more time in BF3 since launch than I have any game in several years (over 100 hours). I think this kind of community game night is just what I need to light the fire again.

Count me in. I'll even bust out my Mic so that I can communicate on mumble with you guys. See ya Friday!

Makoto

Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with someone in tonight's games and get a dedicated Javelin+SOFLAM team going.

Also, fuck whoever at DICE said losing in this game is fun. It's the worst fucking gaming experience ever. Winning however, that feels amazing.

Also, fuck whoever at DICE said losing in this game is fun. It's the worst fucking gaming experience ever. Winning however, that feels amazing.

It depends on how you lose. If its even the whole game then its fun either way. If you lose by the other team spawn camping is the worst game experience.

ZZMitch

Hey guys I just bought Battlefield 3/the Karkland DLC for PC! But I don't have any friends on Origin...

Would anyone be willing to add me? My name on Origin is Mitch_Bon

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hey guys I just bought Battlefield 3/the Karkland DLC for PC! But I don't have any friends on Origin...

Would anyone be willing to add me? My name on Origin is Mitch_Bon

Origin is one thing, but for BF3 you want friends on Battlelog. Join a GAF platoon appropriate to where you live and you should have a ton of us on there to invite/add as friends.

Here is GAF North America Central Time Zone:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240976856240/

mcp

Neo Member
This game just loves to pair me up with mindless people who probably love the Transformers movies.

I find a good approach is to spin around a bit and bump into a few trees and power poles. Act like you can't fly. They often bail out and then your squaddie can join you :)

Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with someone in tonight's games and get a dedicated Javelin+SOFLAM team going.

Eh only feels crappy if your team and you failed to do well. I've done awesome in many matches the team lost but still felt fine. Those couple hundred points for winning or losing is pretty meaningless.

Deadly

Clearly you haven't played Dota/hon/lol :lol

Is there any way to tell if a teammate is using SOFLAM besides seeing it on the minimap? Oftentimes I'm tempted to switch to my Javelin, but if no one is using SOFLAM it's generally pretty useless.

And is there a difference when locking onto a SOFLAM-painted vehicle? Is the beeping different or anything? One last question, is the PDW-R worth using?

CatPee

Eh only feels crappy if your team and you failed to do well. I've done awesome in many matches the team lost but still felt fine. Those couple hundred points for winning or losing is pretty meaningless.

Nah, losing just sucks in general. The team doing like shit and still winning feels awesome. The team doing amazing and winning still feels awesome. The team doing amazing but losing just feels disappointing. It's not so much about the extra 500 points for winning, but more just for the sake of it.

Divius

I fucking hate squadleaders who don't lead their squad. Or squads that don't work together in general. If I am the squadleader and say "let's take G, follow me" and they all run a different direction I start to wonder what the fuck is wrong with them.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I fucking hate squadleaders who don't lead their squad. Or squads that don't work together in general. If I am the squadleader and say "let's take G, follow me" and they all run a different direction I start to wonder what the fuck is wrong with them.

There is not enough incentive to play together. The squad leader does not do much at all to help in general. Designate a point to attack/defend and that's about it.

If they gave bonuses for working together, or even increased automatic radio chatter between squad mates to facilitate coordination that would be something else. Spotting, ammo/heal requests and asking for cover or warn of grenades. Or allow shared 3D spotting for squad mates that are within a certain radius of each other. Or even the good old spawn on squad leader only.

But in general, because the squad leader is relatively useless, and it gets randomly assigned, so people sometimes are not even aware of being the leader, people forget it means anything.

akira28

Any kind of organization at all will greatly help out your game. I was teamed with a random medic squad leader who suggested we keep Hilltop on Caspian to win. And we ran the shit for half the game until others joined up with us, and of course we were all in the top 10 in a 64 game.

So it doesn't matter if your squad leader is "useful" really, as long as you're working towards the agreed goal and support each other.

There is not enough incentive to play together. The squad leader does not do much at all to help in general. Designate a point to attack/defend and that's about it.

If they gave bonuses for working together, or even increased automatic radio chatter between squad mates to facilitate coordination that would be something else. Spotting, ammo/heal requests and asking for cover or warn of grenades. Or allow shared 3D spotting for squad mates that are within a certain radius of each other. Or even the good old spawn on squad leader only.

But in general, because the squad leader is relatively useless, and it gets randomly assigned, so people sometimes are not even aware of being the leader, people forget it means anything.

You do get bonuses for working as a team using the orders and such, but really the issue to me is that most players have no fucking clue they are a squad leader, and many players don't even know such a thing exists. Been in countless squads where the squad leader had no idea they were one because the game does a shitty job of letting you know, or even explain what a squad leader does. I've had to explain it so many times to ppl in my squad and it's amazing how high lvl some of these people are.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pretty hard to lead a squad with no voice chat *glares at DICE*

I don't think I've been placed on a winning team in this POS game in over a week. I'll join a Rush game, and the fucking game places me on the defenders with the last MCOM already armed. Thanks for that. Or Conquest, I'll join a game with a score of 20-147. Fuck you DICE.

redhot_

I don't think I've been placed on a winning team in this POS game in over a week. I'll join a Rush game, and the fucking game places me on the defenders with the last MCOM already armed. Thanks for that. Or Conquest, I'll join a game with a score of 20-147. Fuck you DICE.

I feel your pain man. You know what though.. been playing with Christmas noobs and they all go for the objectives in conquest. Seems like all the higher ranks just wanna chill in tanks and get high kill counts off the people actually playing.

random thought about the voip, I'd put money down that Dice can't fix it lol.

Wthermans

Banned
I feel your pain man. You know what though.. been playing with Christmas noobs and they all go for the objectives in conquest. Seems like all the higher ranks just wanna chill in tanks and get high kill counts off the people actually playing.

random thought about the voip, I'd put money down that Dice can't fix it lol.

In-game VOIP won't happen due to contract obligations between DICE and ESN Sonar.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Man, air vehicles are really imbalanced for new players in this game.

I can't stay in a jet or a helicopter for more than a minute without getting blown up by heat seekers. Pretty shit decision by DICE.

Man, air vehicles are really imbalanced for new players in this game.

I can't stay in a jet or a helicopter for more than a minute without getting blown up by heat seekers. Pretty shit decision by DICE.

yeah, everyone saw this one coming a mile away since the beta. all the xmas n00bs gettiing manhandled on takeoff.

redhot_

Exactly. Usually in our squad we just stick to one guy not necessarily the leader (ie: "going for alpha, follow me"). Too bad this a realistic game so there's no possibility of a synergy bonus for sticking by leaders, Lol.

<3 MAG for this. I wouldn't of cared if Dice did something along the same lines, an incentive for team work is always good.

Daigoro

so someone help me out here.

i finally started using the noob toob today to get that assignment out of the way and apparantly i unlocked the Dart. so where the hell do i find this and how do i equip it again?

took me a few minutes to find out how to equip the grenade launcher as well. i thought it was an underbarrel attachement like in the old days. forgot you had to remove a med pack to use the damn thing. hah.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally played with a squad full of friends.

Good god, this game just got 100 times better.

I've had the game since launch and it happens to me. I think I just unlocked flares tonight.

i grinded out flares and heat seekers the first few days because i knew it would only get worse.

so someone help me out here.

i finally started using the noob toob today to get that assignment out of the way and apparantly i unlocked the Dart. so where the hell do i find this and how do i equip it again?

took me a few minutes to find out how to equip the grenade launcher as well. i thought it was an underbarrel attachement like in the old days. forgot you had to remove a med pack to use the damn thing. hah.

same menu as the medpak and grenade launcher. the dart and smoke variations are listed separately

thanks i found it. dont know why i had a problem with that.

also, its not unlocked. i saw the pop-up but the thing still has a lock on it. the hell...

It's interesting you say that, because I experienced the same problem when I started playing the game. I'm a regular BF vet and I was perplexed by this dart thing, so I went in search of it. It took me forever and a headache before I realized I hadn't actually unlocked it.

Smokey

I've missed this game so much. Motherboard problems on my PC so I haven't been able to play the game since the week the DLC launched. Quick question about the new maps...I'm assuming everyone's frames are lower when playing these?

I run 580 SLI and on Gulf of Oman today I was getting around 70-75fps. Regular maps it was 100+. A 30fps dip or so on the new maps? Does that sound right? My GPU usage was at 98%-99% so it's not like my cards weren't being utilized, just thought that was a pretty big drop. Maybe it's the enhanced destruction.

soultron

Banned
Been getting back into this, over the holidays especially, because I now have the time. B2K is fucking brilliant. Love the revamped maps.

Been rolling with the new Engy gun you get as the first assignment for the class. It's so solid that I managed to stick with it all the way to the silencer. It's rare that I stick with a gun long enough (before a new one comes and switching to that) before I unlock the silencer. But I really enjoyed the G83 or whatever it is.

Top Bottom