• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

thanks i found it. dont know why i had a problem with that.

also, its not unlocked. i saw the pop-up but the thing still has a lock on it. the hell...

It's interesting you say that, because I experienced the same problem when I started playing the game. I'm a regular BF vet and I was perplexed by this dart thing, so I went in search of it. It took me forever and a headache before I realized I hadn't actually unlocked it.
Same thing happened to me. If I understand correctly it's just a glitch. There are two unlocks for the M320, smoke and buckshot (I think). When it says you've unlocked the dart it's in fact the buckshot.

YoungHav

Banned
Ok... correct me if I'm wrong but before this game came out didn't the devs say there would be a replay system? I would love one, why the hell don't all shooters have replays already, what gen is this?

Tawpgun

Whatever happened to terrain deformation?

I remember playing Bad Company 1, and whenever there was a big explosion, like from a tank shell, AT Mine, or the Artillery cannon, the blast would leave a crater in the ground. I remember playing Oasis and if you succesdully defended the first point you were left with this crater filled hell zone. Looked awesome as hell.

Was it just too demanding on the engine?

scogoth

Whatever happened to terrain deformation?

I remember playing Bad Company 1, and whenever there was a big explosion, like from a tank shell, AT Mine, or the Artillery cannon, the blast would leave a crater in the ground. I remember playing Oasis and if you succesdully defended the first point you were left with this crater filled hell zone. Looked awesome as hell.

Was it just too demanding on the engine?

Its sort of there for certain areas of the map, they removed it mostly for game balancing.

Ok... correct me if I'm wrong but before this game came out didn't the devs say there would be a replay system? I would love one, why the hell don't all shooters have replays already, what gen is this?

They did, battlerecorder. Theres a lot of things they told us about that haven't been released.

YoungHav

Banned
Have they informed the public about the current status of it? Baby baby pleeeeeaaase I want battlerecorder so bad. Just got the funniest kill I ever executed in a shooter yesterday and it is now lost forever. I will go down on every female DICE employee if thats what it takes.

Have they informed the public about the current status of it? Baby baby pleeeeeaaase I want battlerecorder so bad. Just got the funniest kill I ever executed in a shooter yesterday and it is now lost forever. I will go down on every female DICE employee if thats what it takes.

I think you have to go down on most male employees of Dice.

soultron

Banned
On the beta it could allow one to get under the map, so they toned it down. Lazy ass fix. It worked fine in the alpha.

As cool as it was, I don't even notice it being gone, to be honest. I'm a console player though, mind you.

Anyone in here an active 360 player? I'd love to actually plug in my mic and talk strategy with people.

GT: soultron

metalshade

As cool as it was, I don't even notice it being gone, to be honest. I'm a console player though, mind you.

Anyone in here an active 360 player? I'd love to actually plug in my mic and talk strategy with people.

Im active, level 2 colonel or whatever it is. I dont use my headset much cos of my wife, but I will add you next time im on if you like.

Biff

Would greatly appreciate some Video setting recommendations from GAF.

I am trying to squeeze the most out of my system without having to surrender to Medium settings. I'm getting ~35-40fps in 32p maps and ~25-30fps in 64p maps. This is with a GTX460 and Q8400, 4GB of DD2 RAM (I know).

For the performance squeezers out there, which settings do you tone down in order to keep your overall quality in a higher bracket?

Thank you kindly :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey GAF I thought we had a date tonight! Nobody is on the GAF server and most of my friends list is offline. Bummer.

Nekrono

Would greatly appreciate some Video setting recommendations from GAF.

I am trying to squeeze the most out of my system without having to surrender to Medium settings. I'm getting ~35-40fps in 32p maps and ~25-30fps in 64p maps. This is with a GTX460 and Q8400, 4GB of DD2 RAM (I know).

For the performance squeezers out there, which settings do you tone down in order to keep your overall quality in a higher bracket?

Thank you kindly :)

AA(Deferred), Shadow Quality and Mesh Quality.

Bumping those down will give you the most FPS without losing too much image quality/effects, it's barely noticeable. If you still want a bit more you might turn down Ambient Occlusion, you might notice the change though.

Try them out, those were the ones that had the biggest impact performance wise for me.

Also check out this guide and so you can compare what settings do what and if you want to lower them or not, but the above remains at least for me.

TheFatOne

So GAF my brother just got Battlefield 3(360), but for some reason he can't play online. He keeps getting the server is running content you don't have. He downloaded the big update. Is the problem that he does not own the dlc? If that is the case then that is pretty fucked up. No matter what we have tried we cannot get into a game.

Edit:Quick match doesn't work for some reason either. It says to check the internet connection, but that isn't the problem.

So GAF my brother just got Battlefield 3(360), but for some reason he can't play online. He keeps getting the server is running content you don't have. He downloaded the big update. Is the problem that he does not own the dlc? If that is the case then that is pretty fucked up. No matter what we have tried we cannot get into a game.

Edit:Quick match doesn't work for some reason either. It says to check the internet connection, but that isn't the problem.

Uninstall the update and re-download it. Also, if it was a used copy, then you will need to purchase the online pass.

quick match isn't supposed to put him on B2K servers, but who knows... DICE. and yeah, if it's new, enter the code for the online pass.

Right here. I'm in desperate need of good players, as well. I'm online fairly often (at least once every few days) so I'll send you a friend request as soon as I get the chance.

Omiee

guys i found a shop in the uk that still sells the limited editon of the ps3 version.

and it says you get dlc free, but i remember reading something about it maybe not being free?

can anyone confirm weather i would get it free or not the dlc pack that is included?
and is this with a code or what

Soma

i really don't get why people bother reviving in TDM

i'm like "oh nah nevermind that the respawn time is like half of what it is normally, there's no ticket limit or anything, and i can just respawn at a better vantage point anyhow. nah it's cool enjoy your 100 points bro"

guys i found a shop in the uk that still sells the limited editon of the ps3 version.

and it says you get dlc free, but i remember reading something about it maybe not being free?

can anyone confirm weather i would get it free or not the dlc pack that is included?
and is this with a code or what

i'm pretty sure if it's the limited edition it should be free (it should have a different cover and say "Back To Karkand Access" or something on the edge). i haven't heard anything otherwise but it may be different in the UK?

i really don't get why people bother reviving in TDM

i'm like "oh nah nevermind that the respawn time is like half of what it is normally, there's no ticket limit or anything, and i can just respawn at a better vantage point anyhow. nah it's cool enjoy your 100 points bro"

huh? Reviving takes a point away from the other team. The death never occured.

Soma

huh? Reviving takes a point away from the other team. The death never occured.

does it? huh. i've never noticed the points go down ever in my matches. :(

either way, i still find it annoying especially when i keep getting rambo revived out in the open so much. at least i have the option to opt out which was a very welcome change in this game.

so many memories from BC2 oh man.

either way, i still find it annoying especially when i keep getting rambo revived out in the open so much.

You still find it annoying even though it removes the death? Like literally you were 0-1 and after the revive you're 0-0 again? It's a free life.

It's always been kinda bullshitty in other games because the death counted twice, but in BF3 the "revive life" is just house money. You should be glad your teammate got some points and that you got a chance (even a one-second chance) to rectify your death.

I guess it might be annoying if I've been revived four or five times on the same life already and need to switch kits, but that's exactly what the "no revive" button is for. It's perfect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
does it? huh. i've never noticed the points go down ever in my matches. :(

either way, i still find it annoying especially when i keep getting rambo revived out in the open so much. at least i have the option to opt out which was a very welcome change in this game.

so many memories from BC2 oh man.

Er-I think he means refunded tickets. Points for revive/kill doesn't change. Tickets and KDR does. So long as you're revived, the death doesn't count on your KDR or your teams ticket loss.

Soma

Er-I think he means refunded tickets. Points for revive/kill doesn't change. Tickets and KDR does. So long as you're revived, the death doesn't count on your KDR or your teams ticket loss.

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry for not clarifying, I never noticed the ticket counter go backwards in TDM before since it's kinda different from Rush mode. After trying it a few times just today I do see it now even if there's a bit of a delay while they decide accept the revive or not.

I hated medics in BC2, reviving me in the middle of a firefight and costing me 2 deaths each time. It wasn't until a few days ago while I was having a great round and had been revived twice that I saw it didn't give me a Death in my K/D. I think the Assault also gets the points credit whether you accept the revive or not.

Is anyone having major issues with lag lately, specifically rubber-banding? Every game I've played today has had spurts of jumping forward ten feet or so, sometimes even resulting in my death when I'm flying a chopper. It's really annoying.

Exactly. I always gladly take out mines because you get 240 pts for every 2 mines you destroy, well worth the trouble it takes to throw a nade or lay down a C4. I rarely see other people do it.

Especially because it's the easies way to get points. See some mines laying around, blow them up, get points. :D

KevinRo

Hey guys, I just got BF3.

Haven't played any game before this one, except I did play one on the PC years and years ago...

I'm not that bad, got a k/d around 1.2 at level 12. If anyone is up for some games, I'm more than down for some company. My profile account is: krohmium on oirgins. Hit me up.

WTF is this bullshit that sometimes you just die while flying, but your plane or chopper is completely fine?
This happens so damn often. More than frustrating.

Facism

no i've had it come up as a suicide multiple times now. It's like the player model hits an invisible wall but the plane keeps going.

Does anyone else have an issue with the sound occasionally cutting out? Some things will be fine, but other specific sound effects (like lock-ons, player movement, and gunshots) will either be severely muffled or gone completely.

Playing on 360 if that matters.

Does anyone else have an issue with the sound occasionally cutting out? Some things will be fine, but other specific sound effects (like lock-ons, player movement, and gunshots) will either be severely muffled or gone completely.

Yep, on PS3. Sometimes in MP, most sounds go silent and I can only hear the shots of my own gun.

Blows my mind that they still haven't fixed that shit & the sudden suicides.

redhot_

Last night on Ps3, the sound of my tank moving and the background sound were gone until I left the tank.

Meh, BF3 won't let me log in. Says I need to buy BF3. WTF?

Almost as annoying as when I sign into my profile on 360 and I get a message saying my user data has been damaged. I have been reapplying my settings and kit customization each time I sign into BF3 for the last few nights. Really annoying and I am not sure why I am getting this type of message.

On a plus note, I had my best BF3 game ever this morning. Was playing a hardcore conquest match and ended up going 18-0, destroying everything with my LAV. I stayed in it from start to finish and was just blasting everyone and everything. Love that LAV.

Almost as annoying as when I sign into my profile on 360 and I get a message saying my user data has been damaged. I have been reapplying my settings and kit customization each time I sign into BF3 for the last few nights. Really annoying and I am not sure why I am getting this type of message.

On a plus note, I had my best BF3 game ever this morning. Was playing a hardcore conquest match and ended up going 18-0, destroying everything with my LAV. I stayed in it from start to finish and was just blasting everyone and everything. Love that LAV.

delete your save file and make a new one or it will just keep corrupting.

I knew it would be different but holy crap the pc version is so amazing looking after playing 360 for so long. Playing at 1080p on ultra settings - sweet merciful crap.

Top Bottom