• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm not sure what that would change. Everything but the server browser problems exist on the PC and the mouse makes the shooting as hard as clicking desktop icons.

With the forced download of Back To Karkand, it's up to 14.8GB.

What do you mean about by that? You want aiming to be harder?

Well , at 80 hours I think I reached a point when I can rage quit quite fast - I'm starting to get REALLY fed up with a lot of things. I know it will pass because it happened in the past, but still, it's quite a shame. I've tried to summarize my problems in a video, no flaming intented, just pointing out things that annoy me in the game.

http://youtu.be/qzFlLwjin0A

the switch teams button works if the teams are even or the team you're switching to has less people. also, if you used it in a game, it won't let you switch again that game or in the next game, even if you get auto-balanced over to the other team in between games.

sniper rifles can destroy mines.

hitoshi

the switch teams button works if the teams are even or the team you're switching to has less people. also, if you used it in a game, it won't let you switch again that game or in the next game, even if you get auto-balanced over to the other team in between games.

sniper rifles can destroy mines.

Thank you, I know how its SUPPOSED to work. What you described might be true on PC, but on Xbox 360 it's totally random - you have to constantly refresh the squad menu to see whether it's available or not: the game usually just doesn't give a damn even when there are 3-4 slots available. If the teams are even it's not gonna let you switch because "the game would come inbalanced" according to hit - however, there are no balance options in the console version. There wasn't one in Bad Company 2 and there is none here as well: games can go on forever no matter how many people are there if they leave midgame. The only exception is before a match starts, but there is a new bug for that: in conquest assault, the attacker's tickets are dropping BEFORE the match starts, which is fine in normal conditions: however, I have been in more than a dozen matches where there were like 4 people on the server, the game was waiting for more players but the tickets just went away: when we were finally able to start, the other team had 10 tickets. We had 250

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Well , at 80 hours I think I reached a point when I can rage quit quite fast - I'm starting to get REALLY fed up with a lot of things. I know it will pass because it happened in the past, but still, it's quite a shame. I've tried to summarize my problems in a video, no flaming intented, just pointing out things that annoy me in the game.

Jets and choppers can kill tanks in 3 shots now? Awesome. Time to look for my joystick.

Console here.

Never had a problem with the switch team button.

My sniper rifle shoots mines just fine.

The team balance thing kinda sucks but short of Halo games...team balance in FPSs have always been a bag of shit.

I don't get the whole "helicopters can kill a tank in three shots!!!WTF!!"

Why shouldn't they be able to destroy a tank with three shots? Three shots of what? Where is the tank being hit? What's being fired at the tank?

I've found that the pilot plays more of a role than the actual vehicle. I've been shredded by some fucking awesome helicopter pilots. It got kindof fun where we were literally calling out to one another to take cover when he was turning back around for another strafing run.

Then there are nobs like me that can't hit shit and get swatted out of the sky with RPGs.

Is there anything known about an upcoming patch?

It still blows my mind that they haven't included an option to quit a server inbetween games, yet..

sp3000

I've pretty much given up on this game at 80 hours. Each patch has broken things more things than it fixed and many of the issues that needed to be addressed have not been.

The transport vehicle thing is utterly stupid, as is the constant nerfing of helicopters that has made them totally useless on some maps with 64 players. The vehicle balance in general is totally off, with jets being useless against infantry and generally fighting their own battle in the air having no effect on the ground.

This is in many ways the most broken Battlefield game ever made. So many issues with the core balance of the game along with lack of basic functionality in the UI. The engine is the only strong thing that obviously had thought put into it.

I really don't think DICE has a vision in mind for what Battlefield is supposed to be. They want to have the best infantry combat, the best vehicle balance, and really the whole thing is reeking of a jack of all trades, master of none situation. They've gotten themselves caught between Modern Warfare and somehow combining it with their past games, and in the end you have some strange combination that really doesn't do either of these things well. On top of this the game was obviously rushed out.

Thank you, I know how its SUPPOSED to work. What you described might be true on PC, but on Xbox 360 it's totally random - you have to constantly refresh the squad menu to see whether it's available or not: the game usually just doesn't give a damn even when there are 3-4 slots available. If the teams are even it's not gonna let you switch because "the game would come inbalanced" according to hit - however, there are no balance options in the console version. There wasn't one in Bad Company 2 and there is none here as well: games can go on forever no matter how many people are there if they leave midgame. The only exception is before a match starts, but there is a new bug for that: in conquest assault, the attacker's tickets are dropping BEFORE the match starts, which is fine in normal conditions: however, I have been in more than a dozen matches where there were like 4 people on the server, the game was waiting for more players but the tickets just went away: when we were finally able to start, the other team had 10 tickets. We had 250

PC is the one platform that i don't play on.

before the update, you could only switch if the other team had less people, but since the update, switch works when teams are dead even.

autobalance works similar to BC2, where it only does it at the start of the round. in BC2, only people not in a squad were auto balanced, now in BF3, entire squads can get balanced and even split up.

and autobalance is one of the most complained about things, many people want to play with their friends, not against them, and people even sandbag when they're on the other team.

What the fucking fuck?

I just spent the entire round of Rush in a jet trying to grind for the rocket pods. I got about 5 vehicle disables, four vehicles destroyed, a roadkill on a parachuting enemy (!!!), and killed multiple infantrymen and tanks with strafing runs, yet I received absolutely no XP for the jet.

What the fuck.

I've pretty much given up on this game at 80 hours. Each patch has broken things more things than it fixed and many of the issues that needed to be addressed have not been.

The transport vehicle thing is utterly stupid, as is the constant nerfing of helicopters that has made them totally useless on some maps with 64 players. The vehicle balance in general is totally off, with jets being useless against infantry and generally fighting their own battle in the air having no effect on the ground.

This is in many ways the most broken Battlefield game ever made. So many issues with the core balance of the game along with lack of basic functionality in the UI. The engine is the only strong thing that obviously had thought put into it.

I really don't think DICE has a vision in mind for what Battlefield is supposed to be. They want to have the best infantry combat, the best vehicle balance, and really the whole thing is reeking of a jack of all trades, master of none situation. They've gotten themselves caught between Modern Warfare and somehow combining it with their past games, and in the end you have some strange combination that really doesn't do either of these things well. On top of this the game was obviously rushed out.
Why would you want jets to be good against infantry?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Is there anything known about an upcoming patch?

It still blows my mind that they haven't included an option to quit a server inbetween games, yet..

You must be playing on something other than PC(am I in the wrong thread, I thought PC had one and consoles had another?).

As far as the guy complaining about helicopters killing tanks in 3 shots I don't really know WTF he is talking about. If a tank goes unrepaired two properly-aimed guided missiles will kill it. One tv missile will kill it. One rack of rockets plus just a smidgin of cannon will kill it. I don't know anything it takes exactly 3 of from a helicopter to kill a tank, unless it is guided missiles coming in poorly... and it will take 3 passes to do it, guided missiles reload very slowly.

Meanwhile the same tank can 1-hit the copter with a guided shell or hit it with a main round and either a) destroy it, b)flip it, resulting in a crash, or c) kill the pilot and or gunner. Or if he has a coaxial mg he and his gunner can shoot it down before their guns overheat, assuming they both know how to aim. If there is a balance of power problem between the helicopter and the tank it isn't the helicopter that is too strong, lol.

CatPee

Jets + Rocket Pods = highly effective tank killer. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue what they're talking about. The Rush jets' minigun is a bit OP though, while Conquest jets' minigun is underpowered.

What the fucking fuck?

I just spent the entire round of Rush in a jet trying to grind for the rocket pods. I got about 5 vehicle disables, four vehicles destroyed, a roadkill on a parachuting enemy (!!!), and killed multiple infantrymen and tanks with strafing runs, yet I received absolutely no XP for the jet.

What the fuck.

yeah, the jets in Rush give points to your kit and not jets for some reason.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Just got the game - is my gamepad borked (Logitech Rumblepad 2) or does the game have issues with controllers? I can't bind a single button/stick yet everything seems fine out of game.

Same gamepad I used in BF2.

Tawpgun

Jets might be easier to fly on consoles.

But shit are they harder to aim.

Not to mention playing at 720p on consoles and trying to spot vehicles, let alone infantry, then lining up the shot before having to pull up... impossible...

Jets might be easier to fly on consoles.

But shit are they harder to aim.

Not to mention playing at 720p on consoles and trying to spot vehicles, let alone infantry, then lining up the shot before having to pull up... impossible...

Just takes practice. It's really not that hard.

I have plenty practice. I believe my dogtag has me at around 150 jet kills.

But I played on my friends PC, and after getting basic flying down I found how easy it was to line up shots on PC.

Well with any game you will have much better control with a mouse than a joystick.

Spl1nter

Merry Christmas BF3 GAF. Hopefully Santa brought all the console pagans computers to play bf3 on and for everyone else maybe a miracle occurred allowing you to shoot better and qq less.

scogoth

Merry Christmas BF3 GAF. Hopefully Santa brought all the console pagans computers to play bf3 on and for everyone else maybe a miracle occurred allowing you to shoot better and qq less.

Hope Santa brought you a new GPU. Nothing worse then playing on PC with lowly console graphics.

DTKT

What the fucking fuck?

What the fuck.

Actually, it's because the A10 is not classified as a jet. It's only an issue with the A10 I think.

georgc

Well since the Karkand update I have been unable to play the game. Everytime I try to log on it begins to load and I get the whole cant connect to server/lost ea connection. I am not the only one there are quite a few people online that are having the same problems. Is anyone here having the same issue?

redhot_

So i got on to rinse some Christmas noobs. Most of the time there was a bunch on my team, so i decided to always look in the opposite direction when you first spawn and shoot.. then watch them all take off in that direction lmao. Had a fun night, Dice sure don't know what they are doing with the choppers though... :(

Makoto

It's like this game deliberately puts scrubs in the gunner's seat of the chopper.

If I hover the chopper at a safe spot on our side of the map and the only thing I spot is the Mobile AA, I want you to shoot at it! Every one of these gunners this game pairs me with shoot everything but that! Yo, a tip for the gunner noobs: Mobile AA should be priority number one if there's no jet or opposing attack chopper messing with you.

The same gunner pisses me off when (on Wake Island) we've taken all the bases and the RU side has only one base. Nearly everyone on the opposing team is spawning there. I'm flying over that base, strafing everything but the rockets aren't the most ideal weapon for infantry, so I'm spotting them. A gunner's dream, right? Not for this guy. He barely ever fires his weapon. He takes out absolutely no one.

This game just loves to pair me up with mindless people who probably love the Transformers movies.

Zeppelin

It's like this game deliberately puts scrubs in the gunner's seat of the chopper.

If I hover the chopper at a safe spot on our side of the map and the only thing I spot is the Mobile AA, I want you to shoot at it! Every one of these gunners this game pairs me with shoot everything but that! Yo, a tip for the gunner noobs: Mobile AA should be priority number one if there's no jet or opposing attack chopper messing with you.

The same gunner pisses me off when (on Wake Island) we've taken all the bases and the RU side has only one base. Nearly everyone on the opposing team is spawning there. I'm flying over that base, strafing everything but the rockets aren't the most ideal weapon for infantry, so I'm spotting them. A gunner's dream, right? Not for this guy. He barely ever fires his weapon. He takes out absolutely no one.

This game just loves to pair me up with mindless people who probably love the Transformers movies.

So much truth in this post. However, I rather have a semi-retarded gunner than a semi-retarded pilot. :p

Makoto

So much truth in this post. However, I rather have a semi-retarded gunner than a semi-retarded pilot. :p
That's true as well. I was just in a game where the pilot was trying to lock-on a jet that was higher than us... and of course when aiming at jets that are at higher altitudes, the chopper basically flies backwards. So he flew us into the carrier. He said, "Whoops" and I tried (like I do in every game) to suppress the urge to insult him and instead just let it go.

akira28

If only there was a quick way to communicate on the fly. "Like a Fire on My Target" command or an "eject! eject!" command on the commo rose. "Drop Flare!" Any one of those would be greatly useful.

It's so awesome to play as support and troll people with C4. <3

Unfortunately I blew a whole house up, it collapsed and the next minute it went like this:

ENEMY KILLED
ENEMY KILLED
TEAMMATE KILLED
ENEMY KILLED
TEAMMATE KILLED
ENEMY KILLED
TEAMMATE KILLED

:/

Btw. what is going on with the Battlelog iPhone app? Is it coming out anytime soon?

I tried it out yesterday but it made my game kinda wonky. There was something off about it compared to usual.

Change your renderaheadlimit to 0 then. That'll give even less input lag.

Either that, or you're not used to playing with the reduced input lag. Default is 3 I believe.

ElyrionX

Is it my display settings or do the B2K maps have a noticeably diffferent color hue to what they were in BF2? It looks grittier in BF3, somehow.

Top Bottom