• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

I need some help from the BF2 vets here.

I have a friend who insists that Road to Jalalabad is basically exactly the same map as Arica Harbour. He also insists that Ghost Town is basically exactly the same map as Grand Bazaar.

Is he right or wrong? I need as many honest opinions as possible.

VariantX

I just saw this on the forums. Confirmed by a developer.

Finally. Thank you based DICE.

heh :D

Now I can actually get some practice with air vehicles. I never touch air vehicles on pc simply because I don't live long enough to figure out how to move properly in them. Even the servers that are clearly labled "Flight training for air craft noobz" are usually occupied by an a-hole or two who have no business being there whatsoever, with 100+kills/no deaths in a jet.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm struggling with the kb+m controls still. My aiming is great, I just cant get my movement and positioning down. Its especially awkward to hold down control to crouch and move around like that like I'm used to doing often with a controller. And then if I need to prone, its another awkward press to do that. And forget it if I have to spot somebody while doing all that...

Ocho

I'm struggling with the kb+m controls still. My aiming is great, I just cant get my movement and positioning down. Its especially awkward to hold down control to crouch and move around like that like I'm used to doing often with a controller. And then if I need to prone, its another awkward press to do that. And forget it if I have to spot somebody while doing all that...

We all go through that. I remember I had a hard time crouching/walking in CS back in the day.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You do know crouch/prone is X/Z right? Just press X and you're crouching no CTRL necessary.

Yasae

Banned
Origin Humble Bundle is basically ruining any fun this game has. 0-686 rolls left and right. Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring.

Seanspeed

Banned
You do know crouch/prone is X/Z right? Just press X and you're crouching no CTRL necessary.
Nope didn't realize that at all. Thanks.

Its also really stupid I had to look up what the spot button is cuz it wasn't in the key bindings. I swear that DICE sometimes just don't want people to play this game properly.

TheSeks

Premium is currently 18 Euros at the Origin sale, is that considered cheap, or are the usually better offers?

If that's $15 in non-Moonmoney, then yes it's cheap. That's like 75-80% off the normal price.

IceDoesntHelp said:
Sigh. Was the M26 Mass ever nerfed?

Yes, but it's still deadly. Solution, throw grenades or shoot them until they die before they can switch to MASS range.

TheSeks

At $25 that's your choice. The maps and weapons are worth buying, but the assignments they made for premium really aren't.

NaviLink

Hey guys. So I got BF3 in the Origin Humble Bundle, and I see that Amazon.com is selling Premium for 15$. But I have a few questions:

• If I buy on Amazon, do I get a code redeemable on Origin?
  • I got the European version of the game. Is the US version of Premium compatible with it?
  • Anything else I should know about getting Premium?
Thanks a lot.

Ocho

Hey guys. So I got BF3 in the Origin Humble Bundle, and I see that Amazon.com is selling Premium for 15$. But I have a few questions:

• If I buy on Amazon, do I get a code redeemable on Origin?
  • I got the European version of the game. Is the US version of Premium compatible with it?
  • Anything else I should know about getting Premium?
Thanks a lot.

Yes, you get a redeemable code. I don't see how the code wouldn't work with the EU version, but you may need to check that. Premium is great, some of the new maps are really good.

NaviLink

Yes, you get a redeemable code. I don't see how the code wouldn't work with the EU version, but you may need to check that. Premium is great, some of the new maps are really good.

I'm asking because there are two different versions on Greenman gaming, a North america one and a EU one. I'm looking for some sort of confirmation or chart I can use a US code on a EU base game.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm totally shit at this on the PC. I just CANT get the damn controls down for the life of me.

Its really frustrating cuz I want to play, but after about 10-15 minutes, I just want to stop because I'm doing so fucking crap and am not getting any better.

I also hate that I have to load up single-player if I want to make changes to any settings. What a moronic system.

TheSeks

What a difference in keyboard makes. I now feel nearly as mobile if not more so than I did with a controller.

kidko

I'm not really sure where the PC Battlefield community is congregating to discuss 4 and beta and whatnot. I'd like to start following along with BF4 GAF and maybe learn to be a decent player this time around!

Before that can happen, I'll need a copy of the game! I already asked in the BST thread but, does anyone have a line on a way to save a few bucks on the BF4 preorder?

Prelithe

I'm not really sure where the PC Battlefield community is congregating to discuss 4 and beta and whatnot. I'd like to start following along with BF4 GAF and maybe learn to be a decent player this time around!

Before that can happen, I'll need a copy of the game! I already asked in the BST thread but, does anyone have a line on a way to save a few bucks on the BF4 preorder?

Best I've seen is Greenmangaming gives $8 cash back back or $12 GMG credit (15% - 20% respectively).

Kibbles

I didn't know where to post this since I see no recent mega battlefield 4 threads but TGS had it playable on PS4 and we hardly got shot videos for it, Wtf? Gamersyde was there and no 60fps footage from them either? Whyyyy... always an implosion of vids when they show off the PC version and the one time we get Public PS4 playable all we get a crap vid from IGN and that french site.

TheSeks

I still have a hard time with wasd controls. What keyboard are you referring to?

Mechanicals. If you're using a membrane keyboard like normal/OEM's give you you "drop keys."

Like if you're sprinting (Shift+W) and want to use your pistol (2) by switching during that action, the "2" is dropped on most keyboards to where you can't switch.

Or at least it's that way with mine. Certain membrane keyboards may allow it, but I never could and went with a mechanical/"old-school" keyboard that doesn't "ghost" like that.

Stantron

Mechanicals. If you're using a membrane keyboard like normal/OEM's give you you "drop keys."

Like if you're sprinting (Shift+W) and want to use your pistol (2) by switching during that action, the "2" is dropped on most keyboards to where you can't switch.

Or at least it's that way with mine. Certain membrane keyboards may allow it, but I never could and went with a mechanical/"old-school" keyboard that doesn't "ghost" like that.

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm already using a mechanical keyboard so I haven't run into that issue, but good to know in case I upgrade to a membrane keyboard later.

TheSeks

I got this for humble bundle and have been enjoying the basic edition. Should I drop the 20 bucks on premium or just save it for BF4?

At this point it may be better to wait for BF4 since it's a month away.

But if you can get Premium on Sale it's worth getting for the maps and weapons and I'm sure there will still be a small minor playerbase playing BF3 like there is BC2/BF2/BF1942/BF2142...

meshwork

It's like every game I play I have rubberbanding/lag whatever. Can't play at all. PC version. Anyone else experience this?

I assume you're playing on servers where you have a decent ping. Have you tried playing around with the network smoothing factor slider? It can be found under options in the gameplay section, and lowering the value of this will essentially reduce latency but increase the amount of visual errors. In other words, increasing this (by moving it to the right) would potentially remove some of the visual rubberbanding you're experiencing if you've set it too low. If you're already aware of this then I'm all out of ideas.

Jumped on this late, what the hell is up with all these noob servers that have reranks and high ranks in them?

It's really pathetic to see some people barred entry but then 100 colonels playing because they own the server. I wouldn't care if it was one server, but its like every single server there's someone doing this. Trying to learn how to fly but some douchebag always ruins it...

Fonz72

I'm totally shit at this on the PC. I just CANT get the damn controls down for the life of me.

Its really frustrating cuz I want to play, but after about 10-15 minutes, I just want to stop because I'm doing so fucking crap and am not getting any better.

I also hate that I have to load up single-player if I want to make changes to any settings. What a moronic system.

Power through and in 10-15 HOURS you will have no issue with the controls! It's really tough going back and forth between console and PC, but after awhile it becomes second nature.

Top Bottom