• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

This is one of the most stupid servers I have ever joined.

Run past C to clear out out the beacon being spawned on and no where near their spawn since you're only in the room near C? Get admin killed.

RPG-7? Warning. (Okay, that one is reasonable)

Use the grenade to flush out a group of five that are starting to push back? Get a warning.

So stupid. If you can't use grenades, why the fuck would you play?

It's right in the name. No explosives. Why join? What did you expect?

You're lucky it wasn't one of those automated systems that kick you as soon as you do damage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's right in the name. No explosives. Why join? What did you expect?

You're lucky it wasn't one of those automated systems that kick you as soon as you do damage.

No RPG-7, No C4.

Banning grenades is stupid. What the fuck is the point? Grenades aren't some insta-death system that can't be avoided.

Overdoziz

Banned
PC is filled with silly servers, even more so than on console. Not sure why there aren't any official servers anyway. At least that way you can get a consistent experience every time you play.

I also noticed that some servers autobalance teams during matches. Kind of annoying when you try to play with a friend and either one of you randomly gets thrown into the other team even if you're in the same squad. On console you can split up, but only after the end of a match and only if you're in separate teams. I much prefer that system, even if it still has its flaws.

TheSeks

Even if they're banning grenades what the fuck at spamming admin kill orders for someone going past C on Metro that isn't even anywhere near the spawn.

Move a millimeter into the building? Get admin killed.

So fucking stupid. You can't use the "it's in the server name!" reasoning for that because they don't even mention it in the rules.

Chase someone you see in the building and take their spawn beacon out? That's an admin kill.

PC is filled with silly servers, even more so than on console. Not sure why there aren't any official servers anyway. At least that way you can get a consistent experience every time you play.

I also noticed that some servers autobalance teams during matches. Kind of annoying when you try to play with a friend and either one of you randomly gets thrown into the other team even if you're in the same squad. On console you can split up, but only after the end of a match and only if you're in separate teams. I much prefer that system, even if it still has its flaws.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm missing from consoles, the DICE servers. No shitty bullshit rules that are hidden in names that expect you to understand that greandes are banned despite them not being that fucking overpowered to the point of needing a ban.

The auto-balance is fine... until you're auto-balanced because half their team quit in Rush. Given there's stupid rules on Conquest Large I have yet to attempt to actually complete a round in Conquest.

scogoth

Even if they're banning grenades what the fuck at spamming admin kill orders for someone going past C on Metro that isn't even anywhere near the spawn.

Move a millimeter into the building? Get admin killed.

So fucking stupid. You can't use the "it's in the server name!" reasoning for that because they don't even mention it in the rules.

Chase someone you see in the building and take their spawn beacon out? That's an admin kill.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm missing from consoles, the DICE servers. No shitty bullshit rules that are hidden in names that expect you to understand that greandes are banned despite them not being that fucking overpowered to the point of needing a ban.

The auto-balance is fine... until you're auto-balanced because half their team quit in Rush. Given there's stupid rules on Conquest Large I have yet to attempt to actually complete a round in Conquest.

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats funny. Metro, on PC battlefield, rofl.

TheSeks

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats funny. Metro, on PC battlefield, rofl.

I only joined it because I wanted to see how bad 64 player Metro was. :(

It wasn't that bad but mannnn it's apparent the maps aren't built for 64 players.

Faceless said:
play on EA/DICE servers where if it's in the game, it's in the game.

I wish, man. The one thing I miss from the console versions: Official servers that don't have bullshit rules.

Ban the RPG-7, C4 rushing: Okay.

Banning Grenades: WTF?

Banning going past certain flags near spawns even a millimeter to flush enemies spawning: WTF? WTF? I'm guessing it's some "spawn protection" rule, but they spawn WAY the fuck back and have the ability to get through the tunnel. Banning the one room and hallway is stupid.

Ocho

I only joined it because I wanted to see how bad 64 player Metro was. :(

It wasn't that bad but mannnn it's apparent the maps aren't built for 64 players.

I wish, man. The one thing I miss from the console versions: Official servers that don't have bullshit rules.

Ban the RPG-7, C4 rushing: Okay.

Banning Grenades: WTF?

Banning going past certain flags near spawns even a millimeter to flush enemies spawning: WTF? WTF? I'm guessing it's some "spawn protection" rule, but they spawn WAY the fuck back and have the ability to get through the tunnel. Banning the one room and hallway is stupid.

There are servers without bullshit rules. Have been mentioned before in this thread I believe.

TheSeks

Anyyyyyyyway: 2x EXP weekend starts 10PM PST on Saturday. Guess I'm going to be playing some BF3 PC and hoping I can jump my ranks to get unlocks that I want faster because redoing this coming from consoles is a bitch and a half.

And no one is playing co-op right now. I still need the last two unlocks. :(

Ocho

Anyyyyyyyway: 2x EXP weekend starts 10PM PST on Saturday. Guess I'm going to be playing some BF3 PC and hoping I can jump my ranks to get unlocks that I want faster because redoing this coming from consoles is a bitch and a half.

And no one is playing co-op right now. I still need the last two unlocks. :(

I never completed co op. I would be game for some of that.

No one is playing cause it's just flat out broken for most people. And it's been like that since release.

There's a work around that works some times though, join a MP game, alt tab without closing the game, then try to get into a coop game.

TheSeks

1,000 ticket conquest in BC2 PC is bananas. I dunno if it's like that normally since it's been ages since I played but the bleed when you have 4 flag advantage on a 4 flag map is INSANELY slow for that ticket amount.

Just spent 2 hours struggling to hold all the flags by myself because it seems the playerbase on PC can't spot for shit. :/ Then gave up because the round was taking forever.

No one is playing cause it's just flat out broken for most people. And it's been like that since release.

There's a work around that works some times though, join a MP game, alt tab without closing the game, then try to get into a coop game.

I guess that's why BF3 runs in the background when "initializing level." I still just need the two co-op weapons which should be easy on Normal or Hard but getting into that will be the problem I guess.

1,000 ticket conquest in BC2 PC is bananas. I dunno if it's like that normally since it's been ages since I played but the bleed when you have 4 flag advantage on a 4 flag map is INSANELY slow for that ticket amount.

Just spent 2 hours struggling to hold all the flags by myself because it seems the playerbase on PC can't spot for shit. :/ Then gave up because the round was taking forever.

I guess that's why BF3 runs in the background when "initializing level." I still just need the two co-op weapons which should be easy on Normal or Hard but getting into that will be the problem I guess.
isn't it the same rate in BF3 as long as you have > ((x/2)+1) capped? 2/3 or 7/7, it's 1 every 4 seconds iirc.

TheSeks

I don't think it is. Or maybe I'm just thinking of BC1 where more flags = faster bleed. But two hours going around on Harvest Day (which looks good on PC, BTW) is just insane.

And we had like 4 flags capped for a good 2-5 mins and I didn't notice any faster bleed if any.

I don't think it is. Or maybe I'm just thinking of BC1 where more flags = faster bleed. But two hours going around on Harvest Day (which looks good on PC, BTW) is just insane.

And we had like 4 flags capped for a good 2-5 mins and I didn't notice any faster bleed if any.

that was in BC1, but BC2 and BF3 have been a fixed rate if you have the majority.

TheSeks

that was in BC1, but BC2 and BF3 have been a fixed rate if you have the majority.

Oy. The PC base is just as bad as the console base when it comes to large ticket amounts then. 1,000+ tickets isn't really fun if you can't speed that process up to where it takes three hours per round. :/

hYMzM4k.png

TheSeks

Starting to get back on that deadly aim horse, if I could stop fumbling with the equipment controls (1-5)'s I'd be in business. Too many times I'm trying to get the repair tool out only to RPG-7 myself in the face because it's 4 and not 3. :(

What's amazing about that round is we had an AWFUL (like worse than console player randoms level) defense on Bazaar. I'm going into this round going "OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO BE ROLLED BY THE ENEMY HELICOPTERS" but surprisingly they didn't get traction after I rushed my ass over to a bailed disabled LAV try to repair it twice by spawning on a squad mate and yelling at my team to get in it in team text-chat (<3 U PC for this) and we proceeded to defend the first set.

Then I struggled on attack (arming A third set) the next round only to slam the Amtrack all the way in the back of their base last/fourth set and quickly steal the tank and sit it on the docks to where they couldn't spawn or take me out.

I dunno why I'm playing 64 players, outside of trying to adjust to the playercount for BF4 Rush since it's REALLY obvious none of the maps are built for beyond 32 players in Rush and Conquest like I've been saying for two years now. >_>

It can be kinda fun when people are pushing and sitting in one area bunching up and blocking you from pushing yourself

http://i.imgur.com/hYMzM4k.png

A man after my heart. Y U NO PC BF4? :(

TheSeks

Thanks DICE. 12 hours or so of playing off and on and I'm gone from rank 8 to rank 25. Nearly to my 33 goal for Squad Suppression. >_>

8 to 33 in about 13-14 hours. Not bad for 2x EXP. Faceless, you're right: Domination is the way to go for 2x EXP.

TheSeks

Wow, once you hit 36 it starts to slow the 2x EXP jumping down a bit. Taking at least 5-6 games to get to 37/last squad perk and then I have 3 levels to jump for the FN P90.

TheSeks

Took 20H 54M roughly, but went from Rank 8 to Rank 45/Colonel in two days of Double EXP and got the base/vanilla infantry unlocks for all classes and the specalisications and all-kit items unlocked.

Hoorah. No more domination for me and I say goodbye to this 2x EXP weekend. My arms are sore having to hoof it around 4 maps for 20 hours to get these. >_<

Faceless: You're right that Domination is the way to go in 2x EXP, double so if you're able to stand the chaos of 64-player Close Shitters maps. They make 32 player (or hell, 64 player Metro) blush in how crazy insane they are.

LEGGZZZZ

Took 20H 54M roughly, but went from Rank 8 to Rank 45/Colonel in two days of Double EXP and got the base/vanilla infantry unlocks for all classes and the specalisications and all-kit items unlocked.

Hoorah. No more domination for me and I say goodbye to this 2x EXP weekend. My arms are sore having to hoof it around 4 maps for 20 hours to get these. >_<

Faceless: You're right that Domination is the way to go in 2x EXP, double so if you're able to stand the chaos of 64-player Close Shitters maps. They make 32 player (or hell, 64 player Metro) blush in how crazy insane they are.

Haha I ranked up the exact same way, built my PC one year ago. It took some time adjusting back to regular BF3 after that.

TheSeks

I bombed my KDR just so I wouldn't have another 40-60 hour grind that I did on PS3 for the vanilla kit stuff. Worth it in the end though, now I can pick Squad Suppression for Rush and not go "OH GOD IT'S JUST FOR ME"

Also 64-players in those maps is hilarious, if you can't get through a door because someone is coming through... expect both of you to die, surely.

TheSeks

Would agree with you if I didn't have PS+ stocked up till 2015.

You're part of the problem I see.

ocho said:
You only need premium.

I'm solving that tonight, actually. I'm sick of "YOU NEED PREMIUM TO JOIN THIS SERVER."

Seems the PC base uses that requirement way more than the consolers.

TheSeks

I play the PC version without premium just fine.

So can I, but the majority of servers PC-GAF joins is premium and includes Aftermath, Armored Kill, End Game in addition to Back to Karkand (got with Limited Edition/day one), and Close Quarters (given for free during E3) map rotations AND want premium since they're "premium member only" servers.

Fonz72

Well, with this new Origin Humble bundle there should be a pretty good influx of new GAF players on PC. I picked it up a few months ago and haven't put much time in on PC yet. Can I get an invite to the GAF platoon? User name is Fonz72 on Origin.

TheSeks

There's an Origin Humble Bundle?

*Google* Oh shit there is and it includes some titles I want. :eek:!!!!!

(But no BF3 premium)

Don't worry about the platoon, just add some people here on Steam/Origin and then join them?

Thinking about popping back into BF3, is GAF still active on this? Need some buddies to start playing with and such. Disclaimer: I am not actually that good.

Thinking about popping back into BF3, is GAF still active on this? Need some buddies to start playing with and such. Disclaimer: I am not actually that good.

A lot of us pop on several times a week. I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, but you should have no problems finding matches.

Norua

Banned

A few of us are playing almost daily, but you won't see much of Splinter or me in the next two weeks.

TheSeks

A few of us are playing almost daily, but you won't see much of Splinter or me in the next two weeks.

I hope you both had a fabulous wedding.

---

I need to start playing more, but none of PC-GAF plays Rush which is a bit disappointing because Conquest gets old really fast for me.

scogoth

I hope you both had a fabulous wedding.

---

I need to start playing more, but none of PC-GAF plays Rush which is a bit disappointing because Conquest gets old really fast for me.

The problem with rush is it is only fun with good players, and well.... almost all players on any platform are pretty bad. Conquest you can at least play an objective as a single squad without too much trouble.

Also I am so upset that Norua and Splinter didn't invite me to their wedding. Goddamnit now I'm going to eat a stick of French butter.

TheSeks

I dunno. A squad of 4 on PS3 was generally enough if your team wasn't total idiots and spotted or at least was doing something besides sniping on rocks. I wouldn't say one-squad doesn't change the round in Rush because they can. Problem on PC is the defending side is HORRIBLE on like 9 of the 10 servers I join. Like worse than console random defense. Most of these people are pushing up because we're playing a 64-player server
which really doesn't work on these maps since they're obviously built for 32 players to attempt to hide/seek in.
and leaving crates undefended and then they're all surprised when both are armed in minutes with me being the only person trying to get to them. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

I suck at aiming at in this game, more often than not if me and an enemy see each other at the same time I'm the one who ends up dying, Now that I think of it I suck at doing a lot of stuff in this game.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is Xbox360 controller the best way to go? I'm not a big PC gamer, having hard time adjusting to keyboard.
BF3 doesn't exactly have great controller support. You can't navigate menus properly and you have to hold sprint instead of clicking it once like in the console version. In terms of aiming you won't have too much trouble because the game isn't as much about aiming as it is positioning and movement.

scogoth

I suck at aiming at in this game, more often than not if me and an enemy see each other at the same time I'm the one who ends up dying, Now that I think of it I suck at doing a lot of stuff in this game.

M60 good gun I hear.

1) point in general enemy area
2) hold down fire
3) all enemies dead

TheSeks

Why the M60? Just prone and bipod like the pros do?

Hell, even if you were going to hip-fire, adjust to the PKP's hip-fire after getting a silencer or heavy barrel and foregrip for it. Insanely broke when you get good with that.

scogoth

Why the M60? Just prone and bipod like the pros do?

Hell, even if you were going to hip-fire, adjust to the PKP's hip-fire after getting a silencer or heavy barrel and foregrip for it. Insanely broke when you get good with that.

M60 firing sound is cooler. And real men use extended mag for bro class

Any good guide to being a better pilot?

I can fly and not crash. I can sometimes lose tracers by just maneuvering, but I lose dogfights everytime. I can't shake off any jet that is tailing me. Do I just spam heatseekers?

I really need a practice server with lots of super fast spawning aircraft. Is there such a thing?

Top Bottom