• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's insta-spawn vehicle servers on PC. You just have to scroll to find them since the server browser doesn't have a keyword search (at least it doesn't for me?) like the console versions do.

As far as dogfights, you have to be "mobile" and constantly moving and going up and down in elevation while going behind hills and things if they fire a lock off and you don't have flares to dump. The pilot game has been raised to the point where I don't really bother attempting to fly and would rather have someone that put in hours doing Kharg Island 24/7
to where they kinda can't do much else
pilot than attempt it myself.

There's insta-spawn vehicle servers on PC. You just have to scroll to find them since the server browser doesn't have a keyword search (at least it doesn't for me?) like the console versions do.

untitledc6kf2.png

Seanspeed

Banned
Well, with this new Origin Humble bundle there should be a pretty good influx of new GAF players on PC. I picked it up a few months ago and haven't put much time in on PC yet. Can I get an invite to the GAF platoon? User name is Fonz72 on Origin.

Bought the bundle myself. I'll probably check things out sometime this weekend. Played the 360 version for about 100 hours, so I've got a fair bit of idea what I'm doing, but I'm not entirely used to kb/m controls for shooters just yet. I'm sure my flying abilities will be reduced to crap, too. Oh well. Basically just gonna use this as a warm up to BF4 anyways, while checking out what 64 player matches are like.

TheSeks

Bought the bundle myself. I'll probably check things out sometime this weekend. Played the 360 version for about 100 hours, so I've got a fair bit of idea what I'm doing, but I'm not entirely used to kb/m controls for shooters just yet. I'm sure my flying abilities will be reduced to crap, too. Oh well. Basically just gonna use this as a warm up to BF4 anyways, while checking out what 64 player matches are like.

You missed grinding 20 hours in 2x EXP this weekend. That would've helped you out at the start.

I gotta do vehicle unlocks but I'm thinking of paying $10 more just to get all the vehicle unlocks from the BF4 PC pre-order/Deluxe. WHY.jpg :(

TheSeks

You did press the "+" sign on the left side of the Filter text right?

Please don't tell me you haven't been using filters all this time -.-

Yes. But I don't see the text box. It's not there for me. Hence why I'm going to have to check my extensions and see what the hell is blocking it from popping up.

Seanspeed

Banned
You missed grinding 20 hours in 2x EXP this weekend. That would've helped you out at the start.

I gotta do vehicle unlocks but I'm thinking of paying $10 more just to get all the vehicle unlocks from the BF4 PC pre-order/Deluxe. WHY.jpg :(
Haha, same here. Hated that part before. Especially with jets.

I also don't grind. Fuck all that. I might have something specific in mind while I play, but I'm not going to go out of my way to level something. Unlocks should be quicker now that I'll be in 32/64 player matches anyways.

scogoth

Haha, same here. Hated that part before. Especially with jets.

I also don't grind. Fuck all that. I might have something specific in mind while I play, but I'm not going to go out of my way to level something. Unlocks should be quicker now that I'll be in 32/64 player matches anyways.

But how can you be like Norua then who has at least 1 weapon star on every single weapon and vehicle in the game and grinded every achievement. Cause isn't that what this game is all about.
crazy bored French people <3

TheSeks

I nearly have 1 star in all weapons and vehicles...
on consoles
but I gave up on that on PC because going for all unlocks doesn't rank you up any faster than doing the guns you want to play with. :/

TheSeks

No, silly. Weren't you paying attention? Splinter helped him get his green card!

I'll be playing
Rush
tonight. Probably some CTF as well since I need to unlock the M1911 S-Tac again. :/

scogoth

No, silly. Weren't you paying attention? Splinter helped him get his green card!

I'll be playing
Rush
tonight. Probably some CTF as well since I need to unlock the M1911 S-Tac again. :/

Psht amurica. Splinter isn't american. It should read, "permanent residency"

TheSeks

Psht amurica. Splinter isn't american. It should read, "permanent residency"

Oh, right. I forget ya'll non-'Murricans have wacky wording for your same things.

Also ya'll missed some decent Rush rounds. Me and Kane had a decent run going.
I gotta get some CTF matches in so I can get the S-tac. :(

Norua

Banned

I was in the beta yeah, but no. Splinter is traveling and I'm too busy to play for a while.

scogoth > It's not out of boredom. I just like knowing every weapons (and once you get 70% of them, might as well do the rest).

Overdoziz

Banned
The constant mid-game team balancing is pretty ridiculous on PC. I thought getting split up on console was bad, but PC takes it to an entirely new level.

TheSeks

Haha, you haven't lived until admins force your squad to split during and after a round.

Speaking of which trying to get the 5 AA kills on PC is impossible. Same for Squad Deathmatch
no1currs about it so no1plays it.
and Gun Master. There is only TWO(!) Gun Master servers in the world and they ain't populated so I can get this assignment checkmark for the gun. :(

scogoth

Haha, you haven't lived until admins force your squad to split during and after a round.

Speaking of which trying to get the 5 AA kills on PC is impossible. Same for Squad Deathmatch
and Gun Master. There is only TWO(!) Gun Master servers in the world and they ain't populated so I can get this assignment checkmark for the gun. :(

You haven't lived until the admin bans your squad/clan from their server.

smh...

And that's Europe only with other filters on top.

Aren't you on vanilla BF3? Gun Master is CQ only

TheSeks

Weirdly I just refreshed Battlelog and it shows more than those two now. I guess Chrome saved my previous instance where I had regions set for closest Rush servers.

Still, Squad Deathmatch and Gun Master. Ugh. AA Jeep kills that are End Game only, double ugh.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Finally decided to get the game on PC because of the humble bundle.

First night went fine. Played several games without much problem.

Since then I've had trouble getting into games (and finishing them when I do get in). When I attempt to join a server, it will take 3-5 minutes loading up everything. Then it usually boots me out of the game back to the BF3 server page. When I do get into a game, after a short time I'll get very bad stuttering. Animations jump around, as well as my mouse cursor. It's not a rubberbanding effect. After the game severely stutters for a few minutes, it boots me back to the server browser screen, and I get a message about a script error.

Also, when I do finish a match, right before it loads the next match, it boots me and gives me the script error.

I've spent a good part of the evening Googling around for answers. The game is updated. My video drivers are updated. I ran the repair tool in Origin. I made sure the cloud saving was turned off.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I haven't been able to get into a single game since purchasing the game last week. Battlelog will go through the usual cycle until it gets to 'connecting', then it closes the game and kicks me back to the website. I'm not sure what is going on.

So guys, how do you all feel about going back to a merged pc/console community thread like BC2 for BF4?

Alot of the newer PC players hated the idea for 3, but looking at both threads now - it seems like the dedicated players are pretty much all the same as our BC2 days.

strafer

So guys, how do you all feel about going back to a merged pc/console community thread like BC2 for BF4?

Alot of the newer PC players hated the idea for 3, but looking at both threads now - it seems like the dedicated players are pretty much all the same as our BC2 days.

I don't mind. I mean it's the same game all in all.

Seanspeed

Banned
Origin has Premium on sale for half price here in the UK for anybody interested. I might bite at £10, but BF4 is too close to invest money into 3 at this point.

TheSeks

What? Play the game specific modes, people are playing End Game on CTF.

Ocho

I vote for this. Versions are now pretty similar (between next gen and PC, anyway), so why not. Also, the console thread seems more active.

Hejdlond

From my experience, Aftermath is the only expansion that it's somewhat "hard" to find servers for (Europe)

I'm all for merging PC and console into one thread. More discussion and hopefully a lot of clips and GIFs of Battlefield moments.

iNWbgOC8G1BFx.gif

From my experience, Aftermath is the only expansion that it's somewhat "hard" to find servers for (Europe)

I'm all for merging PC and console into one thread. More discussion and hopefully a lot of clips and GIFs of Battlefield moments.

iNWbgOC8G1BFx.gif

Man that FOV... how does someone not get sick while playing like that.

Top Bottom