• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The FAMAS seems like a great gun but fuck those iron sights suck. Earlier today I finally got 10 kills and got the ACOG hopefully it's a little easier to aim now.

I know I keep bitching about it. But how fucking angry I get playing SQDM is unreal. It's not fun, me and my friends never win. It's boring, I don't like it, fuck off with these crap unlocks.

Cobra84

I know I keep bitching about it. But how fucking angry I get playing SQDM is unreal. It's not fun, me and my friends never win. It's boring, I don't like it, fuck off with these crap unlocks.
It is terrible and the single BMP-2 randomly thrown on the map just makes it worse.

The only thing it is good for is the L85 and showing how bad the infantry combat is. The across the map FAMAS sprays and instant 100% to 0% PP-19 (a 6 hit kill) deaths really stand out when kills matter.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Im still having way more fun with B2K than I am the rest of BF3. Not sure if I'll even be able to go back to the old maps.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Played for the first time in the post-B2K world today. Amazing. The game seems so much more fun now for some reason. I guess it's the tweaks in the latest patch?

Enkidu

I don't know if this has been discussed before but did they flip Wake Island around? It seems that the South Base is to the north of the North Base.

It is terrible and the single BMP-2 randomly thrown on the map just makes it worse.

The only thing it is good for is the L85 and showing how bad the infantry combat is. The across the map FAMAS sprays and instant 100% to 0% PP-19 (a 6 hit kill) deaths really stand out when kills matter.

random tank is the key to winning!

Divius

Just had a fun game with corky/kyaw (and rapstah on the other team) Ace Squad Hoo-ah!
also was a 25k round for me

I love Strike at Karkand, the urban warfare around A B and C is just great. Sometimes I enjoy just head-to-head firefights without choppers and shit flying around.

Kyaw

Is Karkand supposed to be a hectic infantry map?

It felt a lot like Grand Bazaar to me. At least there's quite a lot of flanking routes.
Had really great matches today.

Divius

Is Karkand supposed to be a hectic infantry map?
I think so! + we were also playing on a 64 man server which can easily get hectic.

The fact that you've got these main roads but also a lot of back-alleys and buildings to go in is perfect for flanking. The only comparison to bazaar would be that it's a urban kind of map, but I don't see much similarities, especially since bazaar is a lot smaller and doesn't have as much flanking routes.

(also; I also apologize for all my rage in chat; I don't like it when things aren't going my way :p)

Shuusui

Just ordered the game.

Anyone want to link me to some videos that'll get me hyped? Most of the one's I've found are exploits.. Hoping I can use my C4 like I did in BFBC2!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I love destruction on the new maps. I wonder why they didn't implement it in the main game.

Kyaw

I think so! + we were also playing on a 64 man server which can easily get hectic.

The fact that you've got these main roads but also a lot of back-alleys and buildings to go in is perfect for flanking. The only comparison to bazaar would be that it's a urban kind of map, but I don't see much similarities, especially since bazaar is a lot smaller and doesn't have as much flanking routes.

(also; I also apologize for all my rage in chat; I don't like it when things aren't going my way :p)

Oh, don't worry, me and Corky were having a bad day yesterday, but today was much better.

It really gets on my nerves when you are doing the best you can but your team just fails at defending/attacking flags.

I love destruction on the new maps. I wonder why they didn't implement it in the main game.

Yup! Destruction really is on a whole new level with these maps.
Give us more map packs, DICE!

Praise be to what ever deity you please. 5 wins on SQDM. It was tough, it wasn't fun, I will only ever play once more to help my friend unlock the gun. Goodbye SQDM, you wont be missed.

I am shocked just how badly they managed to fuck up Wake Island. I don't even know how that's possible. One of my all time favorite maps is now shittified beyond belief. I don't know if it's the flag count, the US side spawn mechanic, how they handle assault conquest in this game, or some combination there of.

But fuck me sideways.

cluto

OH NOES! 0.06 SECONDS DIFFERENCE.

Oh, wait, what was your point with this again?
Um, whatever point you were trying to make with this post:

You funny guy, I kill you with P90 first before your M416 can get the drop on me.

When you're dealing with latency and internet connections, that 0.06 seconds, as insignificant as it may seem, makes a difference.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When you're dealing with latency and internet connections, that 0.06 seconds, as insignificant as it may seem, makes a difference.

Except Client Side hit detection says "sup," and "no it doesn't."

Frankly, the PDW have far better agility/flanking mobility than the other guns. People can run rings around the other guns with them. Fact.

These new maps give you absolutely no incentive to play anything other than engineer. Tanks and choppers everywhere, there's hardly any cover from them, and to cap a point you need to basically stick your dick right on the flagpole.

Unimpressed.

Right, can somebody confirm or deny this before I convince myself I'm going mad. But I'm almost certain I've played (on 360) Strike at Karkand with both 3 or 5 flags. If this is correct, why is this?

People complaining about squad dm for the unlock really should read the bf3 thread sometime.

When they don't they miss things like this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...38/lameproof-Assignment-QUICK-SQDM-2Kill-Win/

Last time I'm posting it. People who can't read will have to get the unlock the hard way. :)
That's grand and all. But when you're not playing PC, what good is that? I will however be jumping on to that to get my unlock for PC as I don't want to relive the SQDM horror that was 360. Cheers.

Kak.efes

People complaining about squad dm for the unlock really should read the bf3 thread sometime.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...38/lameproof-Assignment-QUICK-SQDM-2Kill-Win/

Last time I'm posting it. People who can't read will have to get the unlock the hard way. :)

As shitty as SQDM can be, this seems really unnecessary. I got my unlock in 5/8 rounds. Just switch teams if your squad sucks. That's all there is to it.

jwhit28

Is there a fix for the mumble overlay not showing up in DX11 games or are we screwed until the next version of mumble?

Megasoum

Banned

Thanks for the tip! I just got my five wins in like 15min! Was actualy kinda fun too lol. I just wish the server wouldn't wait 45sec between each round. A bit unnessary in that particular case.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just started the single player and my squad won't move forward in Op. Swordbreaker. Plus I have lost connection to the EA server twice. Not impressed.

edit: Fixed. I had to start the level over instead of just resume for some reason.

Cobra84

These new maps give you absolutely no incentive to play anything other than engineer. Tanks and choppers everywhere, there's hardly any cover from them, and to cap a point you need to basically stick your dick right on the flagpole.

Unimpressed.
Sounds like normal BF3 to me. If you aren't an engineer or a support with C4, you can't trust you teammates to take care of it and there are no fixed launchers or machine guns to take care of it yourself. Even if you get a few good hits with a jeep mounted machine gun on helicopter, it is easily auto repaired.

Right, can somebody confirm or deny this before I convince myself I'm going mad. But I'm almost certain I've played (on 360) Strike at Karkand with both 3 or 5 flags. If this is correct, why is this?
There are 3 versions of Sharqi, Karkand and Oman Conquest maps. 3 flag small, 5 flag medium (console only), and 7 flag large (PC only).

TheSeks

Spamming rockets for the engineer last gun unlock. 1 more kill. SMH. >_<

Nelo Ice

Banned

TheSeks

Finally, such a stupid requirement. All the B2K guns unlocked. But the QBZ seems pretty shitty. :/

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Finally, such a stupid requirement. All the B2K guns unlocked. But the QBZ seems pretty shitty. :/
For being shitty I get killed with it all the time. Seriously every other death is from that gun or a vehicle. I haven't unlocked it myself to form an opinion one way or the other though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That's grand and all. But when you're not playing PC, what good is that? I will however be jumping on to that to get my unlock for PC as I don't want to relive the SQDM horror that was 360. Cheers.
I thought this was the PC BF3 thread. If you're not playing on PC squad dm isn't your biggest problem.

TheSeks

Well, that was awesome. Pulled off a double-headshot in Operation Metro with the LV98. Too bad we still lost that round because the enemy was in that part of the tunnel I was trying to thin/scare them back but they kept coming. :/

Awesome moment on Strike @ Karkand: Spawned on a sniper on the crane, looked down... sure enough, a tank was cruising by. Basejumped off, parachuted down behind the tank, ran up on him, planted 3x C4, ran backwards...

BOOM. Dead tank, lots of points. God damn I love this game.

Top Bottom