• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

ROR! Finally all 4 class service stars. I've broken free from the shackles of xp! Now I can actually start enjoying this game.

...and the last two service stars came from a 1k ticket Firestorm map which came down to the final 20 points. Twas a good night on the Battlefield.

scogoth

ROR! Finally all 4 class service stars. I've broken free from the shackles of xp! Now I can actually start enjoying this game.

...and the last two service stars came from a 1k ticket Firestorm map which came down to the final 20 points. Twas a good night on the Battlefield.

You didn't get every attachment unlock for each weapon and don't forget the b2k weapons. Oh also you need 100 service stars for each class for the dog tags.

BF3 |OT3| Fills those bars bitch!

akira28

I guess that's what they meant when they said they had "years worth of unlocks". All those dogtags.

edit: New 12.01 AMD preview drivers are pretty decent.

first%25252010k%252520round.jpg

My first ever 10k round. Playing Support is even better than Medic.

demolitio

Oh I love having my old babies back. These maps are amazing and brought back some memories. I jumped out of my jet over the hotel roof on Oman, threw C4 down on the roof as i floated by and detonated it killing 4 people and a SOFLAM while I landed on the flag and captured it...

Still need some good GAF squadmates that like HC.

demolitio

What's the best support gun right now? Currently using M249 but I want something with more... punch.

If it's punch you want, the PKP will be a nice upgrade when you unlock it next. M240 is nice too but I liked the PKP more since it was easier to control, but the M60 will please you a lot if you want high damage. It fires slower than some others, but the damage makes up for all of that even on normal mode. Firing full auto at a long range target isn't the best idea since the patch messed it up, but it's still good in short bursts.

Really, it's all down to personal preference at that point since they're all good in my opinion. I even go back to the M249 on some maps due to the fast fire rate and easy control. Check out the QBB-95 when you unlock it through the assignments which is pretty easy. I can't decide if I like it or not since it's a lower caliber than the later MG unlocks. All preference I guess.

Zeppelin

Alright, time to stop pretending I'm gonna pass this exam software security I have on monday (and I've got today and tomorrow to study for it) and re-install BF3. B2K better be worth me having to do it in April instead.

Mit-

Anyone know where maps like this came from?

(image removed, looks like it came from an online Prima guide)

Dear god I hope it's not a scan but at the very least it's from something digital. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can find more maps like this.

And dear god if images like this exist PLEASE let DICE make them into some alternate form of minimap.

Also the deployment screen really needs huge maps like this where you can ACTUALLY CLICK ON SPAWN POINTS and spawn on them, instead of me frantically sorting through the list of spawn points trying to find the one I want.

I especially love when there's so much glowy bullshit going on that I can't even see whether or not I've selected the desired spawn point.

Anyone know where maps like this came from?

Oman64_-_BTK.jpg

Dear god I hope it's not a scan but at the very least it's from something digital. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can find more maps like this.

And dear god if images like this exist PLEASE let DICE make them into some alternate form of minimap.

Also the deployment screen really needs huge maps like this where you can ACTUALLY CLICK ON SPAWN POINTS and spawn on them, instead of me frantically sorting through the list of spawn points trying to find the one I want.

I especially love when there's so much glowy bullshit going on that I can't even see whether or not I've selected the desired spawn point.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1459310-back-karkand-full-maps-leaked.html

Divius

Awesome moment on Strike @ Karkand: Spawned on a sniper on the crane, looked down... sure enough, a tank was cruising by. Basejumped off, parachuted down behind the tank, ran up on him, planted 3x C4, ran backwards...

BOOM. Dead tank, lots of points. God damn I love this game.
Sweet, and that brings me to the question:

How many C4 does is take to destroy a tank/lav? I've blown some up with 2, but it doesn't always do the trick. Does placement (front/back) matter? or maybe the tanks were already damaged when I stuck 2 C4 on there, could be.

I guess I should give recon a go.... Can playing offensively as recon be as effective as it was in BC2?

That's how I play it. Just equip your favorite PDW or shotgun. Using the VAL with Black Spec Ops camo is pretty damn fun. I like playing Recon on Conquest maps, and then setting up a spawn beacon somewhere at a rear base and using that to keep it locked down. TUGS or a MAV can keep you aware of where the enemy is.

If armor comes to cap your point, just let them take it, then once they drive off take it back right away.

There are 3 versions of Sharqi, Karkand and Oman Conquest maps. 3 flag small, 5 flag medium (console only), and 7 flag large (PC only).
Cheers, I was starting to think I was imagining things. What's the reasoning for this?

I thought this was the PC BF3 thread. If you're not playing on PC squad dm isn't your biggest problem.
Well me and my buddies weren't on PC and SQDM was our biggest problem, so...

Anyway, thanks all the same. At least I wont have to relive it on PC.

I get a weaponbug all the time. When i play the game about 2 respawns later i spawn without any weapon. Is there a fix for this problem?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've spent close to 89 of my 90 hours of gameplay on Conquest. Time for some Rush. It feels like I have to relearn the routes on the maps.

I don't know if it is due to the lag, but I seem to be occasionally experiencing borderline "instant deaths" since b2k came out. I also like how I can view assignment requirements in between rounds........Oh wait, I can't.

Why the fuck are there so many people who can't fly?

Either it's the dumb teammate who jumps into the heli just moments before you, takes off and crashes with you in the next hill or it's the enemy dude in a jet, who just keeps on crashing into your jet, because he wants the lock on.

GrizzNKev

Banned

PatzCU

The new maps are incredible! I was a diehard BF2 fan from day 1 so I kind of knew what to expect with the 4 new maps; however, they really do completely change the pace of BF3. I actually feel like I'm playing BF2 again and it's awesome! I think it must be the addition of more flags, more ways to flank, slightly more real estate, and less choke points. THIS is the way BF is meant to be played. I hope new maps in the future are designed with the B2K maps in mind.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Going back to BC1 is like getting into a time capsule. The destruction is way canned at times compared to like BC2 and BF3.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If only they were more than a slap on the wrist the Cheesemobile would be somewhat balanced.
I think you can get one shotted in a tank if you get major lazer'd. Don't know if that's the case in the Cheese Truck. Teamwork would be OP in BF3 if people actually used it.

Zeppelin

Sweet, and that brings me to the question:

How many C4 does is take to destroy a tank/lav? I've blown some up with 2, but it doesn't always do the trick. Does placement (front/back) matter? or maybe the tanks were already damaged when I stuck 2 C4 on there, could be.

I think 3 is what you need if the tank hasn't taken any damage.

Also, I fucking suck after not having played for almost 3 weeks. :( Sharqi is still great from the little I've played though.

Why the fuck are there so many people who can't fly?

Either it's the dumb teammate who jumps into the heli just moments before you, takes off and crashes with you in the next hill or it's the enemy dude in a jet, who just keeps on crashing into your jet, because he wants the lock on.

Because flying is incredibly difficult, and some people realize the game isn't just Ace Combat? I could bitch about great pilots who don't want to ferry soldiers to flags.

RS4-

Who wants to help me get the vehicle kill with the repair tool? I got scammed out of it again, the points popped up but it didn't count towards the assignment :|

Works on the EOD too apparently but I don't see enough of those around

Top Bottom