• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Marvie_3

Banned
I know that feel.

bLK0r.jpg

basically

Perfect. :lol

scogoth

Well, this is true for all PDWs. In terms of range the MP7 is the best PDW (together with PP-19 and P90). My beef with the PDWs in general are that there's almost always a better option.

PDW-R is my favourite by far. P90 is fun but feels like a peashooter

PC gaf, my punkbuster seems to not be updated, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PB with all of the updaters, manually putting the updated pb files in my BF3 folder, nothing works. Keep getting kicked with this error over and over:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'elrechazao' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.287) - Error loading pbcl

Any help?

TheBear

Anyone know where I can find a good weapons chart? Having to level up each weapon for attachments is a bit of a pain, I'd like to pick one now to focus on. What do you guy use the most for the respective classes?

Spl1nter

Anyone know where I can find a good weapons chart? Having to level up each weapon for attachments is a bit of a pain, I'd like to pick one now to focus on. What do you guy use the most for the respective classes?

http://symthic.com/?s=bf3

Assault: M16A3 /M416
Engi: M4A1 / G36C
Support: M27/ M249 / MG36
Recon: M98B / L96

Pistol: G17C / G18

Attachments: Kobra / Foregrip / Silencer or Laser (except for recon)

Divius

I've been grinding a lot of 64p Metro recently.
Yeah. I noticed. BF3EuroGAF is basically dead, and then I see you are playing and am like: oh, neat-o! Finally a GAFfer I can play with! and then you turn out to be playing metro.

RIP EuroGAF. note: If you are like: hey eurogaf is not dead I'm still playing daily! for the love of god add me.

Zeppelin

Yeah. I noticed. BF3EuroGAF is basically dead, and then I see you are playing and am like: oh, neat-o! Finally a GAFfer I can play with! and then you turn out to be playing metro.

RIP EuroGAF. note: If you are like: hey eurogaf is not dead I'm still playing daily! for the love of god add me.

Alright, next time I see you on I'll join your server and teach you how to play. ;)

But like I said in the PC thread, we should get some EuroGAFers together on Mumble or something!

TheBear

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/n97zx/bf3_weapons_guide_part_1_basics_attachments/

Does a good job of explaining the differences. I love the burst M16 and M4 (as do all my friends), and MG36. For recon: L96, M39 or P90 Silenced or UMP Silenced for Specops stuff. Can't go wrong with the 870 for shotguns on tight maps. If you don't miss your shot it's the best. I roll with the M93R pistol as it's almost like a secondary PDW. Just time your bursts and don't ADS.

This guide is really helpful thanks very much! Although I don't know what ADS means :/

redhot_

Is it safe to say your a bitch if you automatically whore out frag rounds in a match and or sit on top of the enemies jet/chopper spawn for free kills? (Wheres my option to spawn in the AA DICE?!)

I would never have thought that I miss the BC2-maps after they released BF3, but compared to those BF3-maps...

I do really miss Atacama Desert, Arica Harbor, Panama Canal, Harvest Day and especially Isla Inocentes.

Deadly

I miss some of the BC2 maps as well, imo it had more fun rush maps.
Agreed. Most of the BC2 maps were probably centered around rush though so it's normal. I really miss the snow maps, Port Valdez and the other one that's in the night with the lake in the middle.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and the other one that's in the night with the lake in the middle.

Nelson Bay is the worst.

I want DICE to port:

Deconstruction (BC1), Port Valadez, Arica Harbor, Cold War (BC2) and that's about it. Maybe maybe Par for the Course Conquest if they leave it no uncaps 5 flag, but given they neutered Wake on console despite it having 5 flags in 1943, it's doubtful.

Edit: Harvest Day can come back... provided it's the old BC1 set-up instead of the BC2 new set. Everytime I played BC2 Harvest Day, I kept thinking "oh, it's at the farm--NOPE. :/"

Oasis, meanwhile, can die in a fire. I've had enough of it for one lifetime.

Overdoziz

Banned
The maps that were in snow setting in the BC series were great, but why does it have to snow-themed particularly?

Never really understood why people always seemed to like the idea of a snow map better.
Because 90% of the maps in BF3 either are grey or brown. Just add a snow and jungle map (or two) for a bit of variety. I don't like snow maps in particular more than others or anything.

MrBig

Because 90% of the maps in BF3 either are grey or brown. Just add a snow and jungle map (or two) for a bit of variety. I don't like snow maps in particular more than others or anything.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. Everything blue and white wouldn't be much better though. The best way to put it into perspective is to compare Wake Island to the 1943 version.

Desaan

I decided to play again last night since I hadn't played before Christmas and now I'm faced with never ending black loading screens with the blinking icon in the bottom right on map changes. I assume this is a common problem, do DICE even have QA? Will BF3 ever work as advertised?

scogoth

I decided to play again last night since I hadn't played before Christmas and now I'm faced with never ending black loading screens with the blinking icon in the bottom right on map changes. I assume this is a common problem, do DICE even have QA? Will BF3 ever work as advertised?

Nope

Wthermans

Banned
I don't want ANY BC1/BC2 maps unless they have at least 7 caps in Conquest Large. The 5 cap BS needs to DIAF.

Any new maps must also have B2K Destruction and interior environments. Vanilla is so freaking boring without all the houses to fight through and worse than BC2 destruction levels.

They really just need to fix their damn game first though.

Here's a new one--at least to me.

Was on a map last night that seemed to be fairly empty so I thought I'd take a stab at some more chopper flying, as I am abysmal at it. (I hate jumping in a heli only to have my team pile in and TK them all into a hill...)

So I hear "beep, beep" like someone's acquiring a lock and then BOOM--I explode. Two beeps, then death. No "lock" sound.

OK, whatever--I suck at heli. Guy got lucky.

He does this to me seven times in a row from across the map. I see a number of people accusing him of aimbotting, but people on my team come to his defense. His record isn't anything overly impressive or out of the ordinary. His only response is "TV missile son".

I decide to CITV his ass out of the air (I'm OK in a tank) but can't lock the guy for the life of me. He's high, but even with stealth he's at a distance where I should be locking him (can't even initiate a lock, so he hasn't bothered dumping ECM)

Then I notice something weird. His chopper keeps going "empty" as if he's bailed.
I lose the spot and his chopper appears empty. It starts to fall to the ground. Then I'm able to spot him again and the chopper gains altitude.

Is he switching to the gunner's seat to use TV Missile? EDIT: That's exactly what he's doing. For fuck's sake DICE, if that's what's keeping me from locking him, then my tank will never get a shot on his high-flying ass... A chopper should still be paintable without a "pilot"!

All shotguns should.. when you see people sniping with a freaking usas .....

I guess I'm terrible with them. From everything I'd read I thought the USAS would be some god-like killing machine. Certainly not in these hands.

I routinely fire two or three rounds into a guy up close and he turns around to kill me with a G36C or FAMAS. Tried FRAG rounds--good god I've never earned so many "suicide"s.

I've never seen a guy snipe with it. Guess it depends on your ammo? I need five shots to drop a guy 20ft away.

My accuracy is mid to high teens. I suspect that's my issue?...

Wthermans

Banned

Was on a map last night that seemed to be fairly empty so I thought I'd take a stab at some more chopper flying, as I am abysmal at it. (I hate jumping in a heli only to have my team pile in and TK them all into a hill...)

So I hear "beep, beep" like someone's acquiring a lock and then BOOM--I explode. Two beeps, then death. No "lock" sound.

He does this to me seven times in a row from across the map. I see a number of people accusing him of aimbotting, but people on my team come to his defense. His record isn't anything overly impressive or out of the ordinary. His only response is "TV missile son".

I decide to CITV his ass out of the air (I'm OK in a tank) but can't lock the guy for the life of me. He's high, but even with stealth he's at a distance where I should be locking him (can't even initiate a lock, so he hasn't bothered dumping ECM)

Then I notice something weird. His chopper keeps going "empty" as if he's bailed.
I lose the spot and his chopper appears empty. It starts to fall to the ground. Then I'm able to spot him again and the chopper gains altitude.

Is he switching to the gunner's seat to use TV Missile? EDIT: That's exactly what he's doing. For fuck's sake DICE, if that's what's keeping me from locking him, then my tank will never get a shot on his high-flying ass... A chopper should still be paintable without a "pilot"!

Solo TV FTW

I'll do it when I'm solo. It's not hard and originated in BFV. You become a sitting duck for jets when doing it.

Here's a video from a guy I play with.

http://youtu.be/kR4CwGABYt8

U2NUMB

Id love some BF2 MC maps ported over. Some really awesome moments back in the day. My only issue is picking 4-5 as I would like more than that.

Backstab • Bridge Too Far • Cold Front • Deadly Pass • Frost Bite • Full Frontal • Honor • Little Big Eye • Russian Border • The Nest • Hidden • Missile Crisis • Special Op • The Black Gold • Dammage • Harbor Edge

it's paintable without a pilot, just not paintable when it's empty.

(or 'empty' as it seems to be once the TV Missile is fired)

there's also a glitch with the TV missile that people use to get 2 people from opposite teams into a chopper.

scogoth

it's paintable without a pilot, just not paintable when it's empty.

(or 'empty' as it seems to be once the TV Missile is fired)

there's also a glitch with the TV missile that people use to get 2 people from opposite teams into a chopper.

That glitch is the best thing ever. Nothing like shooting down enemy units and they can't shoot you back.

The hardest part would be getting a heli alone.
Sadly, I think that's why the guy plays near-empty "flight-school"-type servers.

This continual rock, paper, scissors thing is something I like about BF3. I got pretty good in a tank, and once I had CITV and rockets, choppers were a breeze.

Then chopper pilots started unlocking ECM, and learned to break locks with buildings/structures/mountains. Now I find it tough to kill a good chopper pilot on Caspian or Operation Firestorm.

I guess the solution is to learn jets? I'm getting better at chopper, but man...jets? *shudder*

Also--how do you freelook like he was doing in that video?

Top Bottom