• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

So this is £25 on Amazon.co.uk right now, should I get it?

If I did get it, what am I missing out on if I don't also buy the Karkland DLC? Can I still play with people who do have the DLC? I hear there's a patch that you need the DLC to download, will that effectively mean im cut off from the main pool of players?

Essentially can I enjoy the majority of the game without the DLC?

Out of curiosity what are the vehicles and weapons that are exclusive to Karkland? Anything unique and super cool?

Gui_PT

I hear there's a patch that you need the DLC to download, will that effectively mean im cut off from the main pool of players?

What idiot told you that?

Ok it kinda was me but I said it's possible it works that way since I got the update by downloading the B2K expansion.

Anyone else more informed about this?

lionelhutz

I fucking hate Rush.

OpoQQ.jpg

So this is £25 on Amazon.co.uk right now, should I get it?

If I did get it, what am I missing out on if I don't also buy the Karkland DLC? Can I still play with people who do have the DLC? I hear there's a patch that you need the DLC to download, will that effectively mean im cut off from the main pool of players?

Essentially can I enjoy the majority of the game without the DLC?

Out of curiosity what are the vehicles and weapons that are exclusive to Karkland? Anything unique and super cool?

Buy the B2K DLC for sure. It's well worth the money. The 4 Karkand maps are incredible.

Buy the B2K DLC for sure. It's well worth the money. The 4 Karkand maps are incredible.

At this stage im not really interested in the maps. If I like the base game I may get the DLC, but my question is:

Can I get the most out of the base game without the expansion? Or is it going to be a gimped experience?

Rush IS pretty crappy.

Oh look one entire team camping on a choke point, sweet.
i blame DICE.

i said this would happen if arming was the only way to damage the M-COMs!

it was so obvious, why move when there's no incentive to move?!

At this stage im not really interested in the maps. If I like the base game I may get the DLC, but my question is:

Can I get the most out of the base game without the expansion? Or is it going to be a gimped experience?
you can play the base game just fine as long as you play on servers that don't have the B2K maps in rotation.

i blame DICE.

I wouldn't say its the M-COM's. I would say its the maps. After Bad Company 1, DICE just had to make all the rush maps just force you through bottlenecks. Rush is a great gametype for really large open maps. Harvest Day, End of the Line, and Oasis had numerous ways to enter the base and take out the crates. Then in Bad Company 2 they gave us Port Valdez and Isla Innocentes. They just continued the trend into Battlefield 3. But we do have Caspian Border which is really good for rush and Kharg Island is good for the most part. The majority of maps are really bad for rush.

Rush isn't crappy. Y'all just suck. The best BF3 Rush maps aren't as good as the best BC2 Rush maps, generally, but winning as attackers isn't impossible.

Is there a place to find your "wins as defender vs attacker" stats?

Gui_PT

Exactly. Dice is to blame for making maps with ridiculous chokepoints, and for making the players move through them to get to the M-Coms

Campers are pretty shitty though for...well...camping. It's one of the things I hate the most in gaming. "Hey, I'm going to spend money on a video game and waste my days playing it without moving at all"
That sure sounds like fun.

i blame DICE.

you can play the base game just fine as long as you play on servers that don't have the B2K maps in rotation.

Is this the case for Xbox players aswell out of interest? I assume it would be but I just want to double check!

Exactly. Dice is to blame for making maps with ridiculous chokepoints, and for making the players move through them to get to the M-Coms

Campers are pretty shitty though for...well...camping. It's one of the things I hate the most in gaming. "Hey, I'm going to spend money on a video game and waste my days playing it without moving at all"
That sure sounds like fun.

You left out the most exciting part of camping, you know, where the campers walk away (see what I did there) with easy kills and a win.

Yes but you missed the point: The B2K maps are the best maps in the game. Once you play the base game, you will hunger for them. The base game is great but the B2K maps go to 11, figuratively speaking.

Wthermans

Banned
Except for the nostalgia of Wake Island, the B2k-maps are pretty boring.

I disagree. I only play Conquest Large, but Karkand and Sharqi are awesome due to all the buildings you can fight in. I can't play anything else anymore unless I'm flying. Seine River, Grand Bazaar, and Tehran are snoozefests due to lack of flanking options and the number of chokepoints on the map. Metro has always been garbage.

Gui_PT

You left out the most exciting part of camping, you know, where the campers walk away (see what I did there) with easy kills and a win.

Basically. I don't even play Rush anymore. Haven't gotten a couple of the new weapons because they require me to play Rush.

I just jumped back on after a 2 month break. Its nice to step away, and come back.

Conquest really seems like the only mode to be playing.

Seanspeed

Banned
Its called a shitty game mode only for people who are masochists.

One thing I like about Rush is there's more chances for miracle turnarounds. I've had quite a few times where we've only got like 1 ticket left and I pretty much resign to the fact that we're gonna lose, but we manage to arm the MCOM and hold it to progress or win. Feels so good when that happens. And its pretty intense when you're defending and you see the other team has only one ticket left and are arming the MCOM.

With Conquest, you can have momentum swings, but generally if you're down to like 20-30 tickets left and the other team has 100+, you're done for. There's really no coming back from that. There's been some really close matches, but I haven't had many crazy comebacks like I've had in Rush.

Top Bottom