• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Biff

Just want to throw it out there that maybe it's time to merge this and the PC meetup thread?

This thread is practically on life support now... 2nd page everytime I try to look for it. I'm partly responsible for lurking 5x more than posting, though.

P.S. What game has everyone moved onto? Not that I'm looking ;)

Just want to throw it out there that maybe it's time to merge this and the PC meetup thread?

This thread is practically on life support now... 2nd page everytime I try to look for it. I'm partly responsible for lurking 5x more than posting, though.

I have no idea. Battlefield 3 is still amazing, especially on PC with voicechat over Mumble. It's all I've played multiplayer-wise for the last 3-4 months, other than some Space Marine co-op.

scogoth

ME3?

Aw who am I kidding, it's hon lol and dota2

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Got back into TF2 a bit even though I still hate the HATS, HATS EVERYWHERE and I played the MW3 free weekend on steam. Since I'm getting new computer equipment in, I should be able to run the game more stably, so I'll be going back to it hopefully by this weekend. I would have been by Wednesday, but Amazon borked my order and caused my payment to be declined. Oh well, worst case scenario is Monday next week...

I moved from Battlefield 3 to....Battlefield 3. Plenty of us on 360 playing every night.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I still play pretty frequently. There is just not much to discuss anymore. I'm sure nobody wants to hear about how much better I do in Heli's now.

Also, Since EA has taken the stance of letting other games shine and not announcing anything it doesn't leave much for discussion.

Starting today though SSX will be getting a good chunk of my gaming time.

I still play pretty frequently. There is just not much to discuss anymore. I'm sure nobody wants to hear about how much better I do in Heli's now.

Also, Since EA has taken the stance of letting other games shine and not announcing anything it doesn't leave much for discussion.

Starting today though SSX will be getting a good chunk of my gaming time.

Actually... I do! Time to post some stats!

I will get that k/d to 2.0....someday.....

The Australian PS3 BF3 servers are currently borked, so the 4-player Syndicate co-op campaign is what has my attention. It's great stuff.

BF3 was never able to match BFBC2 on PS3 IMHO, I suppose due to the fact it was designed with the PC in mind. It's a shame.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

My K/D ratio has plumetted from all of the nose and tail dives I've done trying to learn to control the Heli. I have never really paid much attention to K/D in a game like BF3 though. Even before learning to fly I was down around .9(something) now I am .84 .. But I have a ton of fun and that's really all that matters to me. :)

My K/D ratio has plumetted from all of the nose and tail dives I've done trying to learn to control the Heli. I have never really paid much attention to K/D in a game like BF3 though. Even before learning to fly I was down around .9(something) now I am .84 .. But I have a ton of fun and that's really all that matters to me. :)

I was lucky enough to learn to fly choppers through the co-op mission. K/D isn't too terribly important in BF, but is the only stat of mine that I feel is lacking (other than accuracy, spray and pray FTW). But yeah, the only statistic that isn't measured, is fun and I have plenty of that. I wouldn't be playing if I didn't.

STATS TIME HAS BEEN INVOKED!

faceless360.png

PS3
faceless360.png

Your PS3 W/L ratio is stupid ridiculous. I mean, I can imagine having the same W/L as you do on 360, but not a 7.0+, that is just crazy good.

NOW LET US SEE MORE STATS!!!

my BF stats have always been better on PS3. i blame lack of communication by the other team! abuC corroborated this when he dipped into the 360 waters in BC2. 360 players are more likely to communicate overall, and that helps drive a team to play better.

until my PS3 died last January, my BC2 PS3 stats were also ahead. there's also the less learning factor... i got PS3 BF3 on black friday, so i already had a month of playing the 360 version, i knew the maps, vehicles, weapons, specs, etc, and already knew some strategies and stuff like how to (ab)use the AA on Noshahr etc... and i got my air vehicle smoke, etc faster because i already had an idea of how to fly.

Playing Babby mode (AKA: 3 Flag Conquest) 24/7 with the people still playing (see: Not me) does that for him.

PS3
Conquest - W: 458 - L: 32
Rush - W:454 - L:73

yep, looks like i've played more RUSH games... on PS3 anyway...

Good GAF teammates :)

I want to get into the competitive scene, I just don't know how. Any pointers?

Edit: skill basically means if you kill someone a higher rank than you, your skill goes up, and someone lower, it goes down.

Soma

There's mine. :|

my w/l and k/d ratios might be better if i quit playing with randoms so much
and had better aim in general <_<

scogoth

Skill isn't a good metric because it can swing 150 points in one night

And buttersticko, I'll be your wingman anytime.

scogoth.png

Excuse excuse my wl went way down cause of randoms complain complain

shouts

Neo Member

NOTE: 90% of the time I join servers by myself, and it's 90% of the time Conquest 64p. Just makes it that much harder to win trying to affect the 64 p match from a single player's point of view. Wish I had more ppl to squad up with though

Skill isn't a good metric because it can swing 150 points in one night

And buttersticko, I'll be your wingman anytime.

Excuse excuse my wl went way down cause of randoms complain complain

Shoot, I never see you, Splinters, or Nomura on anymore! I'm doing a little freelance stint, so I'm only on late for an hour or so.

Shouts, add a couple people. I'm on pretty often!

Good GAF teammates :)

I want to get into the competitive scene, I just don't know how. Any pointers?

Edit: skill basically means if you kill someone a higher rank than you, your skill goes up, and someone lower, it goes down.
Petition Evilore to sponsor a GAF team.
lol

Some good stats up in here though. I expect nothing less from fellow GAFers.

butts

Since Sunday I have been getting dropped from servers after about 5 minutes, no matter what server I join. Connection timed out is what I get, no lag prior to the disconnect or anything. What gives? Am I the only one? Nothing has changed hardware or software wise on my end.

Stats are fun. :)

RebornYeti.png

I'm gonna boast a little bit and ask you guys to look at my longest headshot. :p

EDIT: My real life friends who I usually play with are ditching me for ME3, so if any of you Gaffers would like to play, just hit me up with an invite or something.

Top Bottom