• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

shouts

Neo Member
A new MOH game isn't enough for you, you ungrateful fan?!?!

/DICE

Can't believe people actually like those MOH games.

I want beautiful snow maps, new vehicles, some new guns.. thanks in advance DICE.

Didn't they say (October after launch) they were going to release 4 different DLC in the coming future?Well, back to Karkand is nice and all, truly, but something different and new would be nice.

http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bfbc2_1.jpg , http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/27/1032572-bfbc2_art_3.png

Something like this, looks stunning.

shouts

Neo Member
Kids these days. Remember when expansions took 6 months to a year and more for new content. :p

Sure, I can have great patience with those things but I think it's a different thing when they hint about things and/or give promises and then not keeping them.

Found this though: " According to him, February was also supposed to be the month in which DICE made an announcement of their DLC plans. Unfortunately, due to quickly changing circumstances, this became impossible. He also reflected that this, unfortunately, led to many disappointed Battlefield 3 fans when these hinted announcements did not arrive. Troedsson stated with hope that the upcoming GDC should mark the next milestone in terms of new Battlefield 3 information."

Full story: http://mp1st.com/2012/03/02/major-b...ew-features-possible-dlc-announcement-at-gdc/

Or I could just pretend they've never hinted about DLC and patches, then I won't have to worry about anything :)

OG Kush

Kids these days. Remember when expansions took 6 months to a year and more for new content. :p

Uhm excuse me? BF 1942, Battleifeld Vietnam, BF2 and battlefiedl 2142 all had the ability for the community the make custom maps. BF3 does not have that because they're greedy cunts.

Spl1nter

Uhm excuse me? BF 1942, Battleifeld Vietnam, BF2 and battlefiedl 2142 all had the ability for the community the make custom maps. BF3 does not have that because they're greedy cunts.

People playing custom maps in bf2 and 2142 lol. The only mod that has ever had success in those games is PR.

Donos

damn, divius is a beast. also i need a new pc for this game -_-

Is the stinger any good? shot like 20 of them and maybe 4 or so hit anything.

scogoth

Is the stinger any good? shot like 20 of them and maybe 4 or so hit anything.

Not much in this game is good without a sqaud you need at least two stingers to hit something otherwise they just flare it.

Divius

I indeed had a nice round or two :) I noticed (very late) you were in the same server, didn't recognize you because of the namechange!

Tonight I was playing with 6 other guys whilst yelling at each other over the mic, a lot of fun. Some teamwork here and there, with simple orders like 'Go to B, but beware there are 2 guys behind the yellow container' really helps.

Arucardo

I indeed had a nice round or two :) I noticed (very late) you were in the same server, didn't recognize you because of the namechange!

Tonight I was playing with 6 other guys whilst yelling at each other over the mic, a lot of fun. Some teamwork here and there, with simple orders like 'Go to B, but beware there are 2 guys behind the yellow container' really helps.

I was playing with a group of drunk finns from Lapland last weekend, fun was had.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/dice-does-gdc-2012/

DICE's scheme for GDC, can't see anything about any new features, only old stuff about game developing they've done in the past.

So.. no new announcements this time either? Sigh :/
Actually the EA event being held in some hours EA game changers or something is rumored to have a BF3 DLC announcement(s)

shouts

Neo Member
I was playing with a group of drunk finns from Lapland last weekend, fun was had.

Actually the EA event being held in some hours EA game changers or something is rumored to have a BF3 DLC announcement(s)

Yea..THEM RUMORS. It's a lot of rumors, we'll just have to wait. No point in getting your hopes up

God I hope DLC is announced, and that it's coming by the end of this month.

I'm still enjoying the game, but I could really use some new infusion into the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha, Anton: Did you like someones post about this in BC1's UK forums? :lol

I was googling the OP's name since I ran across him and scratched my head about his 10K2 trophy being same-timed with half-the-awards and a helicopter or whatever trophy as well. Looked weird, since he got 10K2 BEFORE some of these in normal play. Glitcher or what?

Dude was pretty good in the games I played with him and didn't seem to glitch, so it was a weird thing.

D_Star

Neo Member
Your prayers may actually have been heard, as Zh1nt0 just tweeted that some sort of announcement will be made about new stuff for BF3 at 14.30 CET. Which is about three and a half hours from now.

Nabs

iENnr4trQCf1Z.PNG

This guy is weird.

Sec0nd

New maps pleaaasee! I have never craved for DLC maps but I like this game so much, I need new maps! More like the Back to Karkand maps because those are the best maps in the game.

akira28

nah, CommanderRoot is a pretty cool guy. He gives teh hooahs and everything.

I even give him hooahs back. (And years later we discover that he was just marking us to have our accounts hacked.)

June's add-on pack is called Close Quarters and it's focused on up-close-and-personal indoor infantry combat with verticality to the map designs. It will be released one week early on PS3, and includes 10 new weapons and four new maps.

It's described as "hectic and intense". The map demonstrated at EA's GDC event was the interior of a swish-looking office block called Ziba Tower, with lots of glass to shatter.

The following add-on will be called Armored Kill. With a focus on tank combat, it will offer the Battlefield series' biggest map ever and one new drivable vehicle for use in the third game. It has no release date yet.

The final add-on will be End Game, about which nothing is known, and which is apparently still a closely guarded secret within developer DICE.

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters is the next DLC.

Facism

ah man they can fuck off with the TIGHT AND SPAMMY LIKE COD maps. Cater to your fanbase, not another game's.

Seanspeed

Banned
NOoooooo.

I give me more maps like Firestorm, not like Metro. Arghhhh!

Firestorm is my least favorite map, actually. Not that I dislike big maps, but that one is just rarely fun for me.

Anyways, Metro is an Infantry map, but that doesn't mean every Infantry map has to be like Metro. I also dont mind Infantry-focused maps. Just like Rush is a good for mixing it up after playing Conquest or vice versa, I think some Infantry maps would be a good mix-up from all the vehicular combat.

I know there's gonna be a ton of complaining from a lot of the Battlefield fans about this, but my only complaint is that we've gotta wait til June.... :(

U2NUMB

Seriously WTF.. I play BF for vehicles and larger maps. What on earth are they doing? Also JUNE? Come on, so upset at this.

So if thats it for new stuff get the damn patch out next week.

Seanspeed

Banned
In theory I see how it could be nice, but it will end in people spamming rockets and m320's all day long.
Pretty sure both of these things are getting nerfed(against Infantry) in the coming patch.

Lets see what they come up with before writing them off completely based on a description.

Dakar

Banned
I can see close-quarters maps being a fail for the PC brethren, but stuff like Metro works real well on consoles, IMO. I always get excited when Op Metro comes up because as I medic I can usually get some serious xp (My goal is to one day break 10k in a game on there).

I'm more perturbed by them adding more weapons. I suppose that's cool if you like an ever changing game, but I'd like some stability in my choices.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Private servers = Dream/PS3 GAF renting a server and turning off frag rounds and Metro, Bazaar, Seine Rush. GLORIOUS.jpg

Who am I kidding? PS3 GAF will continue to play babby mode

but stuff like Metro works real well on consoles, IMO.

HAHAHAHA. No, no it doesn't. Same problem as PC shows up: Chokepoints. Frag rounds/grenades/rockets.

Metro wouldn't be a bad map if there was alt routes AND less chokepoints. But there isn't so the map is terrible because it's nothing but a huge meatgrinder from second set on.

Dakar

Banned
HAHAHAHA. No, no it doesn't. Same problem as PC shows up: Chokepoints. Frag rounds/grenades/rockets.

Metro wouldn't be a bad map if there was alt routes AND less chokepoints. But there isn't so the map is terrible because it's nothing but a huge meatgrinder from second set on.
I probably should have qualified I was talking Conquest. I remember Rush from the beta, and yeah. But then again, I'm not a fan of Rush to begin with.

Top Bottom