• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Did this game lose steam quicker than any previous Battlefield? It sure seems that way. Really unfortunate. :/

U2NUMB

U2NUMB.png

So close to 2.0 k/d and very proud of my friends and I as far as win%

Seanspeed

Banned
Me and my roommate share my Battlefield account and he's kind of shit, so my stats are completely unrepresentative. Not that I'm all that great, and I play Conquest mostly and I often sit back to defend spots since no one else seems to, also making my contribution to the team not really reflect in my stats.

OG Kush

Me and my roommate share my Battlefield account and he's kind of shit, so my stats are completely unrepresentative. Not that I'm all that great, and I play Conquest mostly and I often sit back to defend spots since no one else seems to, also making my contribution to the team not really reflect in my stats.

Yeah I'm not really into the whole stats thing with BF games. Its cool I guess but theres way much more to the game than stats. You can benefit the team a lot without having mega points.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think what they need is more sensitivity to impact. They allow you to belly flop off the ground or water slightly. So people fly low to avoid missiles, but not carefully enough because they just bounce right of a slight hit to the ground.

artist

Banned
wachie.png

Mine. Not embarassed in the least bit cause I tend to be AFK and play with randoms, besides my wife some times tries out BF3. :)

Don't see how your getting that, it's very active server wise and player counts have been steady since it came out from the stats. Still my go to shooter for the most part now.

Yeah. It's consistently had 300k+ players over the weekends.

I haven't moved onto any other game-just too busy lately to play at all.

Are gamepad controls better than the flight stick implementation or is that just a preference?

I just like it because it's more space-effecient. I have an Saitek X52 and it takes up a good amount of desk space. And I find the 360 controller to be a bit better suited for the arcadey flight model.

Are gamepad controls better than the flight stick implementation or is that just a preference?

I feel like gamepad works better for helis since you have dual analog sticks. For jets I think it's pretty even so I stick with the gamepad. It's also nice to have that setup if you need to switch to infantry real quick (like repairing your vehicle).

I never use the gamepad for actual infantry combat, but if I'm just running towards a vehicle it's nice to not have to grab KB+M.

Donos

quick question. what is the origin software business? Wanted to buy BF3 (PC) on amazon and saw the really bad rating (because of origin and it intrusive nature). It scans the whole pc for software? What is this? I have and brand new PC and want and nice MP game to dig in but origin seems to be to much of DRM.
Are there any other problems beside the "pc scanning" ?

edit: hmm i think i'm going to bite. seems really shitty from EA what they do/did with origin but i have nothing to fear and i want BF3 multiplayer goodness.

Divius

Just played some TDM for the lulz and quickly get the last unlocks for a few guns. They really should get rid of the LAV in maps that has one and the spawns in Kharg Island are horribl
y funny.

It breaks my heart seeing fairly new players (judging by their rank) play this horrible gamemode instead of the superior Conquest or even Rush.

Donos

Just played some TDM for the lulz and quickly get the last unlocks for a few guns. They really should get rid of the LAV in maps that has one and the spawns in Kharg Island are horribl
y funny.

It breaks my heart seeing fairly new players (judging by their rank) play this horrible gamemode instead of the superior Conquest or even Rush.

Good mode to start for quick leveling ? Played BFBC2 till lvl32 or so, so i'm no newb. Did they fix the crates in rush mode (TNT damage)? can't wait to play. Played the PS3 demo /trial (plus) but i thought it looked really ugly. Looking forward to see it on PC.

shouts

Neo Member
quick question. what is the origin software business? Wanted to buy BF3 (PC) on amazon and saw the really bad rating (because of origin and it intrusive nature). It scans the whole pc for software? What is this? I have and brand new PC and want and nice MP game to dig in but origin seems to be to much of DRM.
Are there any other problems beside the "pc scanning" ?

edit: hmm i think i'm going to bite. seems really shitty from EA what they do/did with origin but i have nothing to fear and i want BF3 multiplayer goodness.

It scans your computer for previous games etc but it doesn't send the information to EA.
Some million people use/have used Origin so I think you'll be fine.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Good mode to start for quick leveling ? Played BFBC2 till lvl32 or so, so i'm no newb. Did they fix the crates in rush mode (TNT damage)? can't wait to play. Played the PS3 demo /trial (plus) but i thought it looked really ugly. Looking forward to see it on PC.

Yeah, the crate damage issues are fixed now.

BTW, if anyone's interested, I bought up my own 16 player NY server for a steam group I play with, but people are a bit busy right now for BF3. Right now it's on TDM with two to start, so if anyone likes... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...08a94b91fdc/Emibros-GO-FAST-Community-Server/

What's the best sniper rifle? The M98B? The SKS is the only rifle (that I've unlocked) I can use well with recon due to its ability to handle mid-range situations but it takes way too many shots to kill anyone at distance.

What's the best sniper rifle? The M98B? The SKS is the only rifle (that I've unlocked) I can use well with recon due to its ability to handle mid-range situations but it takes way too many shots to kill anyone at distance.

Well the M98 is rocking 338 magnum rounds, it's superior in distance and damage but with all that being said I think the the SVD is the best for me. I don't like to be stationary too long so with the SVD I have pretty good distance and mobility.

Any of the bolt guns except the M98B. That's the only one that feels like it needs to "settle" as I'm holding my breath. The M40A5 feels perfect to me.

Spl1nter

Any of the bolt guns except the M98B. That's the only one that feels like it needs to "settle" as I'm holding my breath. The M40A5 feels perfect to me.

you are imagining it, all the bolt action rifles have the exact same 'settle' (spread decrease and spread per stance and movement) time.

Soma

It's hard to say, personally. When it comes to the bolt actions the M98B was working really well for me and it felt easier to judge the bullet drop. I've been using the M40A5 lately though and I've been having fun with it. I'm a terrible sniper at this game though so I usually slap an ACOG on these 90% of the time.

For the semi-autos, I've had absolutely terrible luck with all of them except for the M39 EMR for some reason. I don't know what it is about it but it just feels the best to me somehow. I know it's fundamentally the same as the MK11 and the SVD (damage and fire-rate wise) but I don't know. It's witchcraft or something.

I really only use it at mid range engagements. The SKS wasn't too bad either.

y funny.

I play mostly TDM nowadays and it's honestly just stupid fun. The spawns are terrible and the maps don't always work but I find it fun somehow.

I feel like when I play Conquest or Rush I need to have some buddies playing with me and communicating or else I'm just not getting the full enjoyment out of it. TDM I can just jump in, screw around for a few rounds by myself then call it a night.

Mr Swine

Banned
This is driving me CRAZY!!! Every time I throw a grenade, shoot a rocket or a grenade with the M320 and I die a half second later they disappear. Dice hasn't fixed that problem since the game came out -_-

mr_nothin

Banned
This is driving me CRAZY!!! Every time I throw a grenade, shoot a rocket or a grenade with the M320 and I die a half second later they disappear. Dice hasn't fixed that problem since the game came out -_-

They fixed that prob when it comes to grenades but the M320 still disappears sometimes but most of the time it just doesnt do damage. If you shoot the M320 and die while it's airborn then the explosion wont do damage even if it's a direct hit.

It pisses me off too.
Cant wait for the rocket splash damage against inf nerf though :D

Top Bottom