• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Dakar

Banned
Duuuuuuuuuuude Conquest is even worse.
No way. Like you said, Rush turns into a meat grinder.

"Rush to B to win the round: The Map: The Movie: The Game"

US side? Rush to B, kill RU that has no chance to get up the stairs from both directions since there is no flanking routes for them to get through explosive spam.

RU side? Rush to B (good luck with this since public people are morons and DERP I WANT MY EASY 200 POINTS! on C), defend with your life. You lose it? Yeah, you lose the game.

Meanwhile, spam rockets/grenades/frag-rounds, again.
I don't think I outright disagreed with this. I've just been lucky enough that it hasn't been my experience the past month like it was back in October.

Honestly, the only game I didn't enjoy on there lately I was getting trolled by two guys with 27 and 55 service stars on their USAS. Still won the game, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No way. Like you said, Rush turns into a meat grinder.

I don't think I outright disagreed with this. I've just been lucky enough that it hasn't been my experience the past month like it was back in October.

Honestly, the only game I didn't enjoy on there lately I was getting trolled by two guys with 27 and 55 service stars on their USAS. Still won the game, though.

Then you haven't played Conquest with the whole team abusing that + Frag Grenades + Frag Rounds + Rocket Launchers. Because that's what Metro Conquest devolved into: Rush B. Camp the stairs to where the RU team can't get up. Spam explosives to where they can't get up.

Dakar

Banned
Then you haven't played Conquest with the whole team abusing that + Frag Grenades + Frag Rounds + Rocket Launchers.
Yes, I know. You keep repeating yourself. I'm being diplomatic and saying I've been lucky that I haven't run into this the last month. I've acknowledged it's unfit for player counts higher than on console. What more do you want from me?

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't see why everyone is soo against the close quarters. Just because its close doesnt necessarily mean its cod. But maybe thats just my personal opinion. I for one look forward to some new maps regardless :-D

I'm all for a few infantry maps being thrown in the mix.

But they need to be designed with Conquest and Rush in mind as well. If these are just TDM maps, I'll actually pass. I haven't played a single game of Deathmatch in BF3 yet and I really dont plan to.

Which really sucks cuz that'll mean some 9 months will pass between decent DLC for actual Battlefield fans, which is a hell of a long time to keep interested. It'd be mind-boggling if they botch this that bad.

I'm all for a few infantry maps being thrown in the mix.

But they need to be designed with Conquest and Rush in mind as well. If these are just TDM maps, I'll actually pass. I haven't played a single game of Deathmatch in BF3 yet and I really dont plan to.

Which really sucks cuz that'll mean some 9 months will pass between decent DLC for actual Battlefield fans, which is a hell of a long time to keep interested. It'd be mind-boggling if they botch this that bad.

Yeah that's my issue with them.

Although not as exciting as maps with vehicles, I'm okay with a mixture of maps, and an infantry focused pack is okay with me, but 16 player max maps with possibly no conquest or rush support is not what I'm looking for.

Enco

Started playing the game with the Steam overlay and man it's so much better.

Beats out the shitty Origin messaging system.

Just wish the Battlelog site wasn't so awful.

Overdoziz

Banned
The only fun thing about Metro is managing to get behind the other team and obliterating them. This is often surprisingly easy
for the team that spawns outside.

OG Kush

Yeah when they said infantry maps I thought they meant similar to karkand city maps... not some fricking tiny apartment!

I actually really dig Battlelog. It feels like a good home base for this kind of game, and I don't miss having an in-game browser at all. It really grew on me.

I really wonder what the ratio of players is, that play team death match. Is there a way to find out? maybe the non-vocal majority is spending a lot of time in that mode. Its not my cup of tea, but i would have to think DICE looks at this kind of data before making a decision to do death match only maps (which sounds like its a pretty safe bet)

scogoth

I agreed with betterbutterstick I like Battlelog. Origin is a POS and EA is a shit company for forcing it on us. I like being able to check who's online and stats without having to launch the game or even having the game installed.

I agreed with betterbutterstick I like Battlelog. Origin is a POS and EA is a shit company for forcing it on us. I like being able to check who's online and stats without having to launch the game or even having the game installed.

The one thing I would like is if they could deeper with the stats . . . I think BF3stats.com really nailed the level of reporting I'd like. Then again, I am a huge baseball fan, and love to see numbers and breakdowns :)

shouts

Neo Member
I really wonder what the ratio of players is, that play team death match. Is there a way to find out? maybe the non-vocal majority is spending a lot of time in that mode. Its not my cup of tea, but i would have to think DICE looks at this kind of data before making a decision to do death match only maps (which sounds like its a pretty safe bet)

All my friends on Xbox play TDM a lot, I guess thats also natural with the lower player count.

Biff

What is this Steam overlay you speak of? You still have to play the game through Origin, right?

Seanspeed

Banned

Thats all fine and dandy. Cater to that audience, definitely. But to completely disregard the core fans is inexcusable. They should release mixed packs, or at the least, release the infantry-only maps after a more typical Battlefield type pack.

I have had this game since launch and just can't get into the multiplayer because of lag. Only game I have this problem. It's not super bad, just always present and always annoying. I check back in every once in a while to see if it's better, and nope, I still rubberband back a few steps fairly regularly. Playing US servers and I have a 15Mb connection, which I concider fast.

Biff

Would this be the correct thread to post technical help questions for BF3 (PC)?

Go ahead dudeskis, no harm in trying :)

I have had this game since launch and just can't get into the multiplayer because of lag. Only game I have this problem. It's not super bad, just always present and always annoying. I check back in every once in a while to see if it's better, and nope, I still rubberband back a few steps fairly regularly. Playing US servers and I have a 15Mb connection, which I concider fast.

Obvious question that needs to be answered first: Where are you located?

Doesnt matter where he's at. BF3 has constant 'lag' and a feeling of being a few frames behind in general. Some ppl notice it more than others.

Mine does not feel like that. I don't run with v sync, triple buffering, 0 frame render ahead, and on a low input lag HDTV though, so maybe most people just don't know what they're doing to minimize input lag.

I finally reached lvl 45
AS Val is my new favorite gun
Dat Accuracy
Dat RPM
Dat Integral Suppressor
Dat any kit compatability

It would be horribly op if it wasn't limited by the 20rnd mag, which brings it to just simply OP

and the neverending loading screen with pulsing dot struck me like a thunderbolt. Any word from DICE/Ea about a possible fix? I wasn't able to play a single game since I reinstalled it

Nabs

I actually really dig Battlelog. It feels like a good home base for this kind of game, and I don't miss having an in-game browser at all. It really grew on me.

I usually have a hard time finding decent servers thanks to the Battlelog browser being really crappy. I don't see why they couldn't give us a choice.

mr_nothin

Banned
Mine does not feel like that. I don't run with v sync, triple buffering, 0 frame render ahead, and on a low input lag HDTV though, so maybe most people just don't know what they're doing to minimize input lag.

I've done all of that
Some ppl just dont notice lag.

I got my user.cfg created and my nvidia inspector profiles setup correctly. I'm a CSS awping vet so I think I know a bit about lag

shouts

Neo Member
I finally reached lvl 45
Dat Accuracy
Dat RPM
Dat Integral Suppressor

It would be horribly op if it wasn't limited by the 20rnd mag, which brings it to just simply OP

It's great if you play it stealthy but there are better guns, M16A3, M4A1. And although it's getting extended mags in the update it's overall performance will be a bit worse. Usually I just play it because it looks soo good

Makoto

I hop into the 3rd seat of a tank and as soon as I start designating a target, as soon as that lock-on sound pops-up...

The driver pops smoke.

Seriously, how in the world do people still not know the difference between getting locked-on and the commander seat designating a target. They're two distinctly different sounds!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I usually have a hard time finding decent servers thanks to the Battlelog browser being really crappy. I don't see why they couldn't give us a choice.
All of DICE's server browsers have been crappy. At least you don't have to restart the game when the server list locks up.

Infinite Jest

Neo Member
So... this can't be good. It's like this all the time. Might whatever this means be a source of my BF3 issues?

(btw Afterburner OSD was reporting 60 fps the entire time and and sub 75 C temps.)

http://youtu.be/x51--hj0ZYA

Can anyone give me a read on the implications this could have for my hardware/software configuration? I've been having a lot of non-fps related stuttering in BF3, including major non-fps relates stuttering when recoil of any weapon is settling or like when someone crouches or stands up in a kill cam. I've ruled out my HDD/SSD being the issue, so I was hoping you guys could give me a read on that graph (vid). Also, I had the same exact problem with non-fps related stuttering (especially after recoil) in BFBC2. I can't escape it!

On a side note, I'm following through on a psu RMA a filed some months ago due to the fan not ramping down during idle, so I'll get a chance to determine if that is a problem source.

EDIT: I originally replaced my GPU (via EVGA warranty replacment) to see if that would fix my BFBC2 problems, which it didn't. I also tried witching around my graphics card and sound card to different slots with no luck. Also, neither GPU or CPU OC seem to be the problem.)
EDIT2: Here is a run down of my rig: EVGA gtx 580 (running latest WHQL driver), Intel 2500K, TX750 v2 750w psu, Asus p8p67 pro rev 3.0 (BIOS 2103), 2x4 gb G.Skill ripjaws X 1600mhz RAM, Kingston v+100 SSD 96 GB (OS drive + I have BF3 on it), Samsung F3 1TB drive

Donos

I finally reached lvl 45
Dat Accuracy
Dat RPM
Dat Integral Suppressor

I remember that i immediately posted on GAF after my first game in BFBC2 how bad this shitty AS VAL gun is. Someone replied that it is the best weapon and well, it really was. Never used another gun as engie.
Long way to go. I'm lvl 8 :(

It's a mixture between sad and hilarious that this game is out for almost half a year, full of bugs and not one word about a patch, but we see videos of DLC nobody should care about.

scogoth

Yep The support for this game is pretty bad. I'll be playing sc2 until they get their act together and release the supposed massive patch.

shouts

Neo Member
Beating a dead horse here, but DICE has really fucked up, and each week that passes is hurting the game.

These are all the servers I get:

http://i.imgur.com/F1DVk.jpg

Rush 32, Normal, any free slots (except empty), all maps, NA. Can't scroll down anymore. I know that Conquest will always be more popular. And that's fine, it's the better mode, just sometimes I prefer Rush. But this is sad.

EDIT: Notice that two of the few populated servers are 24/7 Metro. Hah. Reminds me of all the 24/7 Nuketown. People these days. Fucking stats bs.

Here's a tip, if you uncheck all the boxes under "FREE SLOTS", full servers and servers with players waiting in queue will also appear. See if that helps you.

spidye

It's a mixture between sad and hilarious that this game is out for almost half a year, full of bugs and not one word about a patch, but we see videos of DLC nobody should care about.

if the dlc wasn't a total COD rip off it wouldn't be so aggravating.
there was a reason why I chose battlefield over COD

spidye

His point is that the game still has a lot of bugs/fixes that need to be done, it's almost 6 months old, and yet we're here talking about shitty DLC instead of fixing what's already out. lol

I think there's a misunderstanding. I definitely want a fix for all the bugs before any DLC. I've always said that in this thread.
BUT if we are going to get a DLC news before a patch I wished it wouldn't be a COD rip off.

mr_nothin

Banned
Fuck these dev's man:
http://mp1st.com/2012/03/10/stats-s...r-combat-is-popular-dev-defends-upcoming-dlc/
DICE said:
“We looked at what people are playing and the result is a tighter infantry experience with CQ…”

It might also be surprising to know that in-game stats differ from various polls about the subject. Halling stressed that “polls say one thing, our real statistics say another. What players actually are playing not what some click.”

Halling would like fans to know that “it’s the same game. We are giving BF3 TDM players some more awesome maps. If you only play vehicles, Armored Kill is coming.”

Yea, Metro is the most..."popular"....map but right behind it is Caspian, Kharg, and Firestorm.
Ppl are mainly playing Metro because of unlocks and stats padding and because they can spam rockets/m320s
at some stairs towards some invisible enemies that they cant see and see "ENEMY KILLED", "MULTIKILL" and "+100"
flood the screen.

And they are actually catering to that crowd? WTF? And then they go on to say that Armored Kill is for the
more traditional BF players/experience? Close Quarters is coming a whole season before AK (a good 3-4+ months).
They chose some of the smallest maps from BF2 to put into Strike at Karkand and even made some of them smaller.

I will def not be buying BF4 if they continue on this route. If it doesnt at least have SL only spawning,
no killcam, no 3d spotting by DEFAULT then I'm not buying it.

Cant believe that article actually just pissed me off lol
I kept trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but no more. They have clearly stated their position and
I dont agree with it. I cant wait until Planetside 2 comes out so I can leave BF3 behind for good.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ppl are mainly playing Metro because of unlocks and stats padding and because they can spam rockets/m320s
at some stairs towards some invisible enemies that they cant see and see "ENEMY KILLED", "MULTIKILL" and "+100"
flood the screen.
Cant believe DICE doesn't realize that.

Biggest worry, though:

Halling would like fans to know that “it’s the same game. We are giving BF3 TDM players some more awesome maps.

TDM players? Fuck off.

Top Bottom