• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

shouts

Neo Member
Cheers, useful feature! Just tried it out. GPU line is very stable. Yellow is getting small spikes, but they are consistent at least. GPU line has higher minimum and maximum values compared to CPU, though the averages are similar. Got similar results at low and high settings.

So it would seem my CPU is finally showing its age (6 year old tech!) a little. Could overclock, but I'd rather not.

Though this time the jerkiness didn't appear for 15 minutes. That to me would appear to be my connection. I'm going to try more servers out I think.

Yeah, probably connection issue. When my CPU bottlenecked I got fps drops from 60 to 20-25 and the sound stuttered during 15 seconds, like the whole game got affected. And it showed huge spikes.

If everything else is running fine and it's only your character being jerky I dont believe it's your hardware causing the trouble. But I may be wrong, you never know!

Donos

Keep me updated if it works. I can't fly for shit with the mouse and the key board so I want to use my PS3 controller just for flying.

plugged in my DS3 with USB cable and used the software motionjoy. seems to work fine, i just have to finetune the settings in BF3. Made some test flight with a jet and it's already better than m+kb :)

I would appreciate it if someone has his PAD settings from BF3 and could post it (Jets and Heli)

Thanks.

gl0w

My friends,

i have started recently recording all the clan wars that my clan is doing, and i think i'm getting some interesting stuff. The last war was very intense with lots of teamwork, and kudos to the opponent, we had a great match.

So, if any of you are interested in seeing some of the clan wars game play, feel free to watch on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/gl0wvalter/videos

cheers!

Does anyone fly helis and jets with gamepads? I have a usb pad (and PS3 controller) and maybe want to try it.

I'm definitely better at pure flying with a 360 pad, but when it comes to actually aiming/firing jets and helis, I'm definitely way more precise with a mouse. I'm trying to get better at m/kb flying for that reason.

Donos

I'm definitely better at pure flying with a 360 pad, but when it comes to actually aiming/firing jets and helis, I'm definitely way more precise with a mouse. I'm trying to get better at m/kb flying for that reason.

after 10 minutes practice, flying with jet is now easy for me. making stunts is no problem.

But choppers .... still crashing left and right. maybe there is a hybrid way to play with pad and k&m

Got me a cheap joystick from ebay for the heli. let's see. It's a little unfair to start the jets without flares / rockets.

Kaper

Just started playing with a friend after cashing in on the ME3 Origin pre-order bonus. I can see why shotguns are getting buffed soon, lol. Overall I really enjoy this game. It's a lot better than CoD, that's for sure. My guilty pleasure right now is using the SV98 with no attachments. No scope, just iron sights. The only frustrating part is a body shot from 5-10 yards away isn't a OHKO, so I get a lot of pistol kills. I did manage a 165 marksman headshot earlier with just iron sights, I just wish I had fraps running when I got it.

BF Facebook/Twitter:

We are rolling out several backend updates as we lay the groundwork for the upcoming patch. We will keep you advised and provide dates ASAP.

Online services for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 will be going offline March 20th at 9 AM UTC / 1 AM PST until 10 AM UTC / 2 AM PST. Battlefield 3 online multiplayer and the Battlelog services will be unavailable during this time.

Oh shit. Patch coming this week?

We should have a "WELCOME BACK TO THE FIGHT" night if the patch drops.

sp3000

I think pc race vs peasants is over. EA has decided to fuck us all equally.

This is true. What they tried to do is cater to each audience and at the same time make the experience the same on both platforms, when it should have been much different on each one. Rather than focus on platform strength, they just made every version equally idiotic.

If we are to fight in a building then shit it should be a fucking 10 story with big ass lobbies. I mean this DLC could be pretty good but we will see. I wish Dice would fucking release some goddamn BC1 maps for BF3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If we are to fight in a building then shit it should be a fucking 10 story with big ass lobbies. I mean this DLC could be pretty good but we will see. I wish Dice would fucking release some goddamn BC1 maps for BF3.

Deconstruction with crane destroying. MMMmmm...

How I wished for that from the hype over that singleplayer earthquake building collapse, we never got that in multiplayer. Fucking DICE.

TheSeks

Playing it for 2 days, why the fuck is the flashlight bright as the sun lol..whoever at Dice approve that should fired...

B-B-BUT NO ONE USES IT BRO! LOLOLOLOLOL. U SO OBVIOUSLY SUCK.

Like I said: It's the "I win" button attachment that'll get used more as soon as the other "better" perks are nerfed. The "nerf" to it that they apparently did didn't do shit.

Deconstruction with crane destroying. MMMmmm...

How I wished for that from the hype over that singleplayer earthquake building collapse, we never got that in multiplayer. Fucking DICE.

I don't understand why Dice doesn't just release older maps. I could only imagine how awesome some BC1 maps would be with BF3 engine. I'm not a game developer but wouldn't just redressing the older maps with the new engine be kind of simple?

I'm not a fan of COD but damn I can respect that the developers support their game to the fullest with map packs and what not.

TheSeks

I don't understand why Dice doesn't just release older maps. I could only imagine how awesome some BC1 maps would be with BF3 engine. I'm not a game developer but wouldn't just redressing the older maps with the new engine be kind of simple?

I'm not a fan of COD but damn I can respect that the developers support their game to the fullest with map packs and what not.

It's not that simple as "slapping a map with new textures, days over."

Compare Harvest Day BC1 to BC2's port. They had to change a few crate locations (why, I dunno) and moved a few crates to open-air over being in-doors for both crates since <D 2.0> easily destroyed crates to the point where the rounds were broken by a good team just RPG'ing a building to collapse it for the defense to not be able to defend it.

They'd have to rebalance/plan where various points for the objectives are and add/remove buildings/cover/shit to rebalanced for the gameplay of BF3.

Also CoD8's maps so far are all shitty even the DLC. They may "support" it, but I'd rather have less "map releases" of $15 a pop and them being terrible over frequent. Quality > Quantity and all that.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

Hey, I just realized some of you might have tried to get into the active member platoon, but I soon realized that I couldn't tell if anyone was from GAF because I didn't see any GAF platoons so I kicked some guys.

Please PM me if you want into the platoon first. If I kicked you, sorry, but I don't wanna fill it with a bunch of randoms. Just PM me and reapply, I'll get you back quick.

It's not that simple as "slapping a map with new textures, days over."

Compare Harvest Day BC1 to BC2's port. They had to change a few crate locations (why, I dunno) and moved a few crates to open-air over being in-doors for both crates since <D 2.0> easily destroyed crates to the point where the rounds were broken by a good team just RPG'ing a building to collapse it for the defense to not be able to defend it.

They'd have to rebalance/plan where various points for the objectives are and add/remove buildings/cover/shit to rebalanced for the gameplay of BF3.

Also CoD8's maps so far are all shitty even the DLC. They may "support" it, but I'd rather have less "map releases" of $15 a pop and them being terrible over frequent. Quality > Quantity and all that.

nah, they could just make it so the buildings that objectives are in don't 2.0

it's a pretty game-centric way to do it, but they could do it.

Feature

Banned
wtf I got disconnected from EA online and when I check back it says 'update in progress soldier'... So this shit will kick me everytime there's an update? fml

shouts

Neo Member
B-B-BUT NO ONE USES IT BRO! LOLOLOLOLOL. U SO OBVIOUSLY SUCK.

Like I said: It's the "I win" button attachment that'll get used more as soon as the other "better" perks are nerfed. The "nerf" to it that they apparently did didn't do shit.

95% of the people with above average skill don't use the flashlight. Laughable that you actually think it's such a huge problem after what, six months now?

I think a "l2p" would be appropraite here.

TheSeks

nah, they could just make it so the buildings that objectives are in don't 2.0

They did this already, in a fashion, on Damavand Peak. Granted, the building of first set A isn't "inside" but you get an idea. They can do "indestructible" cover but people will bitch about not being able to make alt routes to the crate and the like. DICE can't win for lose on that.

D_Star

Neo Member
wtf I got disconnected from EA online and when I check back it says 'update in progress soldier'... So this shit will kick me everytime there's an update? fml

Believe me, you're gonna wish updates in progress are the only times when you get kicked :)

Don't be worried though: updates don't happen too often, so this won't happen a lot.

Divius

Hey, I just realized some of you might have tried to get into the active member platoon, but I soon realized that I couldn't tell if anyone was from GAF because I didn't see any GAF platoons so I kicked some guys.

Please PM me if you want into the platoon first. If I kicked you, sorry, but I don't wanna fill it with a bunch of randoms. Just PM me and reapply, I'll get you back quick.
I applied, but am EUGAF, dunno if that matters.

They did this already, in a fashion, on Damavand Peak. Granted, the building of first set A isn't "inside" but you get an idea. They can do "indestructible" cover but people will bitch about not being able to make alt routes to the crate and the like. DICE can't win for lose on that.
i mean just have normal destructible buildings, but the ones with an objective in them are only as destructible as BC1 buildings. they could even rig it so that when the objective gets destroyed, the building collapses.

AndyD

aka andydumi
i mean just have normal destructible buildings, but the ones with an objective in them are only as destructible as BC1 buildings. they could even rig it so that when the objective gets destroyed, the building collapses.

This. Would actually make sense and it would signal time to move on/refocus.

TheSeks

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea. But the issue comes in with RPG spamming the crate that is completely exposed now to where disarming isn't possible.

TheSeks

RPG spamming people to where it's not possible to arm.

same difference. teamwork.

That's true. But I prefer the DICE indestructible approach to where people are forced to arm and hold. It's why I think them nerfing the destruction was a good idea. For better or worse something had to give. Trying to disarm crates in BC1 can piss me off extremely because all of a sudden I have two RPG's from long-fuck-new-england flying in to visit my face. :|

In fact, if we go with your idea: They put the crate on the first or second floor. That floor is unable to be blown to bits. This forces people to climb the stairs (hard) or get into a building (hard, but doable) with defense inside/camping and arm the crate. Once the crate is blown the "destroy" flag can be toggled to "on" for that floor/section and people can blow the building.

It'd be complicated to code, but I think that'd be the best of both worlds. Forces people to arm, while letting them to destroy areas.

Dakar

Banned
DICE are sadists. Putting Fire from the Sky as the second co-op mission is torture. I'd really like to unlock some co-op weapons, but my public partners are incompetent and I am a goddamned choke artist.

TheSeks

wut, i'm on the radar when i'm firing? That explains some situations i had.

Only temporary. It's like CoD's mini-map firing sound system.

Honestly, no one notices the mini-map but me, and I haven't seen enough "fired rounds" on my mini-map to where people picking the silencer for that purpose isn't getting a benefit.

Donos

Honestly, no one notices the mini-map but me, and I haven't seen enough "fired rounds" on my mini-map to where people picking the silencer for that purpose isn't getting a benefit.
Had a situation yesterday where i saw 3 hostiles on the radar but only short. Enough to kill them but i found it strange that they disapeared after beeing "spotted" but now i know that they just shot at my teammates.
I look at the Radar all the time, especially on caspian border, hill capture.

Thanks, but I'm 360. A friend recently got the game so I'll try to talk him into it, but then I have to hope (speaking of DICE being sadistic) that the game randomly assigns me as the pilot.

The pilot isn't random. It has to do with the difficulty chosen and who starts the match. I believe if you start the match, on normal, then you will be the gunner. If you start it on easy, then you will be the pilot. It might be the other way around, but the pilot is based on difficulty level.

I can't say I am too willing to help though. I just unlocked the G3A3 the other day and that was through grinding the first 3 missions. Still haven't played the others and don't plan to now that I have my g3.

I always notice the mini map and can tell a lot of 360 players do as well. I pick suppressor just because it hides me from the mini map. But yeah, I do notice when I don't have a suppressor, people are chasing me down because I know they saw me on the mini map. Not so when I use a suppressor.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

People using the mortar notice. I've also gotten in the habit of popping the full size map on spawn.

The pilot isn't random. It has to do with the difficulty chosen and who starts the match. I believe if you start the match, on normal, then you will be the gunner. If you start it on easy, then you will be the pilot. It might be the other way around, but the pilot is based on difficulty level.

I can't say I am too willing to help though. I just unlocked the G3A3 the other day and that was through grinding the first 3 missions. Still haven't played the others and don't plan to now that I have my g3.

I always notice the mini map and can tell a lot of 360 players do as well. I pick suppressor just because it hides me from the mini map. But yeah, I do notice when I don't have a suppressor, people are chasing me down because I know they saw me on the mini map. Not so when I use a suppressor.
the pilot is random.

TheSeks

the pilot is random.

It's only random at the start. Fail two times and you switch seats.

oh god that mission can die in a fire. I'll never finish coop

It's not that bad with the exception of three timed shots. The issue is doing it "no alerts" online. Faceless and me took like 15+ attempts. Mostly because 1) I can't hear and 2) He had to compensate for lag "gunfire sound" to fire quickly after me. But we did it. So it's completely possible to do but completely fucked up in terms of AI and netcode.

It's only random at the start. Fail two times and you switch seats.

It's not that bad with the exception of three timed shots. The issue is doing it "no alerts" online. Faceless and me took like 15+ attempts. Mostly because 1) I can't hear and 2) He had to compensate for lag "gunfire sound" to fire quickly after me. But we did it. So it's completely possible to do but completely fucked up in terms of AI and netcode.

i think you juxtaposed the 5 and 1

and yeah, between you and i doing it on PS3 and my brother and i doing it on 360, i'm done with that mission.

Top Bottom