• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Feature

Banned
Is there a way to adjust my mouse sensitivity for vehicles only? I find the chopper turning way to slow , same with a tank turret.

Divius

drop em like liquid sucks though, but thats mostly due to lag and glitchyness.
Friend of mine got the game, we played through coop together. I was already dreading drop em like liquid because he's not the kind of player to have the patience for that. After a few fails (fuck those buses and your need to time those shots) we finally got to that last building when he yells at me through the mic: "ENEMIES ON THE FIRST FLOOR" and starts shooting at them. Yeah, mission failed.

Overall the coop was a lot of fun though and I hope some of the DLC will include a few new missions.

Is there a way to adjust my mouse sensitivity for vehicles only? I find the chopper turning way to slow , same with a tank turret.
Don't know, but I do agree. Good thing I can change the sensitivity on my mouse, makes turning so much better in jets and choppers.

Arucardo

Yes, I'm 99% there's a seperate mouse sensitivity option for vehicles in the options. I keep it the same as on foot though.

Dakar

Banned
i'm willing to help with any co-op mission except drop 'em like liquid.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I don't manage to finish it any time soon. (You GAFers sure are friendly folk)

I also plan on trying to join 360 GAF when I have a free weekend to play.

The pilot isn't random. It has to do with the difficulty chosen and who starts the match. I believe if you start the match, on normal, then you will be the gunner. If you start it on easy, then you will be the pilot. It might be the other way around, but the pilot is based on difficulty level.

the pilot is random.

It's only random at the start. Fail two times and you switch seats.
Well, uh, glad to see consensus in that.

I googled it the other night, but I certainly didn't see any answers other than "random".

---

Anyone have advice on the best/easiest way to get the engineer's torch kill?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I don't manage to finish it any time soon. (You GAFers sure are friendly folk)

I also plan on trying to join 360 GAF when I have a free weekend to play.

Well, uh, glad to see consensus in that.

I googled it the other night, but I certainly didn't see any answers other than "random".

---

Yeah, with conflicting answers like that, I would go with faceless :p He is the master of all things battlefield so I would go with what he has to say.

The engineer torch kill is easy to get. Torch a spawn beacon or T-UGS for the easiest way to do it. If you find a MAV on the ground, you can do that as well.

Don't be like me and strafe a tank with a chopper, get shot out of the chopper and fire a rocket at the tank on the way down and finally land on the tank and repair torch it to death. Much easier ways to do it then that, lol.

Daigoro

holy shit, thanks for reminding me. just last week i got a torch kill while trying to repair my tank. somehow an enemy with got in between me and the tank i was trying to repair and got himself torched. i think he came from the tank we were fighting, it was chaos. laughed my ass off.

the best way to do it is to sneak up on someone who is laying prone, like a sniper for instance. eventually you will come up on someone lying unaware, if you are engie, you're all set.

The new modes are pretty fun. I freaked out when I saw the new server names. Is nobody talking about this?

http://mp1st.com/2012/03/21/a-guide-to-the-new-battlefield-3-console-server-browser/ said:
Yesterday morning, DICE updated servers across all platforms in order to prepare for the upcoming big patch. In doing so, they’ve made a few tweaks along the way, especially for console players.

Many reports came in yesterday that themed playlists began showing up on the console server browser. This meant that players could choose to play on servers that featured large Conquest maps only, or mixed game types only, for example.

This morning, DICE has updated servers once again to now properly display names so players know exactly what type of server they are getting into.

Update: BF3 Lead Designer Gustav Halling has stated via Twitter that players will be able to distinguish between Conquest and Conquest Assault in the upcoming patch. They will be added as separate game modes.

First, a few tips:

Upon selecting a server, make sure to move the thumb stick over one to the right in order to view the Map Rotation. Here, you will see what game modes are included and on what maps.
Once you find a server that features your favorite maps or game modes, make sure to “Favorite” it in order to revisit it without having to search for it again.
It should be noted that servers labelled without -[DICE]- are regular servers and are made up of a single game type with a generic map rotation. So if you only want to play Conquest exclusively on various maps, for example, pick one of these servers. Same goes for Rush, TDM, SQDM and SQRush.
Servers labelled with -[DICE]- preceding the name will most likely be themed. A full list of server types can be found below.
You’ll also notice that “Custom” is now a searchable preset. This will obviously come into play once private serveres are deployed on consoles.

Server Types

Conquest and Rush

-[DICE]- BF3 Classic Only
Features a mix of Conquest and Rush on classic BF3 maps only

-[DICE]- Urban Warfare
Features a mix of Conquest and Rush on various urban maps

-[DICE]- Back to Karkand Only
Features a mix of Conquest and Rush on Back to Karkand maps only

Conquest

-[DICE]- Epic Battles
Features Conquest on large maps only

Mixed

-[DICE]- Most Popular
Features a mix of TDM, Rush and Conquest on popular maps only

-[DICE]- Soldier Skirmishes
Features a mix of TDM, Rush and Conquest on various urban maps

Mixed Deathmatch

-[DICE]- Deathmatch Action
Features a mix of TDM and SQDM on various maps [16-player limit]

Hopefully this should give players a better idea as to how the new server browser works on consoles. New playlists will most likely be added or tweaked, especially once future DLC drops.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-[DICE]-Back to Karkand only for me, it seems.

Deal with it Conquest Assault haters.gif Double Rush mode with 5 flag Conquest like the mode is meant to be played.

Seems like there is no way to just play conquest on the karkand maps, pretty weak. That is what I have been playing the last few weeks and now have to mix the vanilla maps into the rotation. Choices are a good thing, but don't take away my B2K conquest!

Mixed Deathmatch

-[DICE]- Deathmatch Action
Features a mix of TDM and SQDM on various maps [16-player limit]
1-2 more days of PS3 BC2 to get my trophies, then i'm ALL OVER that bad boy!!!

Seems like there is no way to just play conquest on the karkand maps, pretty weak. That is what I have been playing the last few weeks and now have to mix the vanilla maps into the rotation. Choices are a good thing, but don't take away my B2K conquest!

oh snap!

why not mix RUSH into the Rotation? :p

-[DICE]- Epic Battles
Features Conquest on large maps only

TOOK FAR TOO LONG, DICE.

Map rotation:

WAKE ISLAND
CASPIAN BORDER
OPERATION FIRESTORM
KHARG ISLAND
GULF OF OMAN
SHARQI PENINSULA

CUT THE CHECK!!!

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a good matchup in this game (PC). It's not that I can't find populated servers, but more the community seems so fucking polarized now. Now the norm is to have half my team either afk, or god awful, or just don't give a shit. This of course turns each round into a complete blowout - with one team crushing the shit out of the other. And whether you're doing the crushing or getting crushed, it's not that much fun.

Good, competitive matchups are few and far between these days. =(

scogoth

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a good matchup in this game (PC). It's not that I can't find populated servers, but more the community seems so fucking polarized now. Now the norm is to have half my team either afk, or god awful, or just don't give a shit. This of course turns each round into a complete blowout - with one team crushing the shit out of the other. And whether you're doing the crushing or getting crushed, it's not that much fun.

Good, competitive matchups are few and far between these days. =(

I'm sorry, I'll come back then. Game just isn't awesome without someone to challenge buttersticko

Feature

Banned
Had a 'fun' game yesterday, there was this scumbag constantly spawn killing us in our base and destroying our vehicles. Me and my mate were the only ones to be so smart and take out our stingers and shoot the fker down. After that we took our own chopper and gave them a taste of their own medicine. Kept raping their whole base till the end of the game.

I just don't get the reason why the planes / choppers spawn in your actual base, so choppers can just fly over and keep destroying them. Why not have the choppers and planes spawn a bit away from the main base somewhere the enemy team can't come with their choppers / planes?

TheSeks

Wow I pity console players, how u live with gimp browser for so long?

Issue isn't the browser, which is fine. The issue is the lack of "map rotation" options. They were all the same.

TheSeks

Sharqui Conquest.

Goddamn. If the attacking team doesn't kill the enemy chopper right off the bat they are FUUUUCKED.

Which is completely possible to do with the US attack chopper gunner seat. :D

Divius

I played some TDM and Rush today, fucking horrible games all day long.

Damavand Peak Rush, just now: When defending we are all laughing at the dumbass enemy team which consists of mainly snipers who can't get a single person in our base, when attacking I suddenly have half a team of snipers. Wat.

Wat.

Wat.

Divius

I mean, I don't have any major problems with the game itself (minus falling damage and flashlights that are brighter than the sun) but it's just the sheer dumbness of the players that annoys me to the point that I am fucking raging.

TheSeks

As an Xbox gamer mostly this post upsets me. If Xbox is delayed getting the patch I am going to rage. Dice could not mishandle post release any worse, seriously.

Patch isn't DICE's issue. It's MS. But do keep blaming DICE because MS can't do no wrong, right?

As an Xbox gamer mostly this post upsets me. If Xbox is delayed getting the patch I am going to rage. Dice could not mishandle post release any worse, seriously.

If it is, it shouldn't nearly take as long as it did in the past. They had to significantly increase the time at which they process the new updates due to minecraft coming to xbox because they update it so much.

Majanew

Banned
They need to stop letting people replace the ammo and health crates for something else. So many people never have any health or ammo to give because they replaced it for another gun.

Deadly

Why the fuck does the PS3 get the patch earlier? I mean I would understand it being before 360 due to MS certification but PC too?

Top Bottom