• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah, thank you. lulz at their "solution" for PS3 input lag: "Disable anti-aliasing!"

Yeah, it's really stupid. On the least part, they could knock the resolution down a few (lol already sub-HD though) since apparently playing it at 620p or whatever instead of the 720p default is what solves it for some people. Stupid.

In fact, some people have told me the PS3 beta had no input lag, so what the hell changed between then and now?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Christ, reading through that list of changes...it's like the full game is going to be released on March 27! Who's doing the OT?

It really shows that DICE should just do March releases and tell EA to cram it where the sun doesn't shine on forcing them to compete with CoD.

Yeah, it's really stupid. On the least part, they could knock the resolution down a few (lol already sub-HD though) since apparently playing it at 620p or whatever instead of the 720p default is what solves it for some people. Stupid.

In fact, some people have told me the PS3 beta had no input lag, so what the hell changed between then and now?

Did it have AA? I remember it looked terrible but I don't recall if it had AA or not.

Soooo the patch is coming to the Playstation 3 on March 27th, not PC or Xbox (so far).

I just...I don't...

At least some pics were included:

IMPROVED COMMO-ROSE FOR PC

commorose1-640x164.jpg

As has been rumored for some time, we are making some improvements to the commo-rose on PC. This is partially based on feedback from the community.

Please be aware that the commo-rose will change depending on your current position – vehicles and infantry each have separate call outs. Each function should trigger appropriate voice messages as well as icons on the mini map.

callout.jpg

Each button should trigger appropriate voice messages as well as icons on the mini map. Players should keep an eye on the mini map for these icons that will flash when a team mate is requesting aid via the commo-rose.

IMPROVEMENTS TO MINIMAP
we are also adjusting the level of detail to give a clearer picture for players when using the mini-map.
The three new mini map modes are:

minimaps1.jpg

DTKT

What the fuck.

Why is the minimap still blue? Why aren't the points labeled?

Jesus christ DICE, you are terrible at making good UI.

mr_nothin

Banned
What the fuck.

Exactly what I was thinking. We cant even tell what flag is being capped/uncapped
But besides a few minor complaints...this is the GOD patch for me. Below Radar acting ass it should (works against everything besides soflam) is freakin major for me. My low flying skills wont be complained about any longer! (looking at you demolitio)

Majanew

Banned
Exactly what I was thinking. We cant even tell what flag is being capped/uncapped

Sure you can. They go in order left to right: A, B, C, D, E
I agree they should label them, though. And the voice-over guy could say what flag was just lost too. What is it he says, lost the fire base?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What the fuck.

The weird thing is that the BF2 UI was fine. Clear, clean, easy to use and easy to read.

Why would someone ever request a sniper? I don't get that one.

Majanew

Banned
I don't see any mention of fixing audio glitching out. Every time I'm on Wake Island, the sound of the vehicles always goes silent and the voice-over too.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't see any mention of fixing audio glitching out. Every time I'm on Wake Island, the sound of the vehicles always goes silent and the voice-over too.
Yeah, I love it when you don't hear someone locking on until the rocket is about half a second from impacting. Good times.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow. Gigantic patch.

I like that they are reducing the initial recoil for a bunch of guns. That has always been a big problem for me with my accuracy. Way too many others to really get a good idea for what I'll like and not like.

Don't understand what the hold up is for the PC patch no certification process here.

dc2x

Neo Member
I read through the old list, but I dont feel like doing it again.

Whats different or has been added on the new list?

everything is the same, the only new additions are these parts:

FIXES FOR PC SERVER OPERATION
DISABLE ANTI-ALIASING ON PS3 TO REDUCE INPUT LAG
IMPROVEMENTS TO MINIMAP

DTKT

IMPROVEMENTS TO MINIMAP

They are removing AA for the PS3? :lol

Divius

Sometimes it's like people don't want to win, they just sit and camp at the one flag we hold, in stead of going to other flags and capping them. And then they get mad when I tell them that. I just ended a round in negative k/d (ugh) because I kept trying and kept sacrificing myself.

:(

Seanspeed

Banned

IMPROVEMENTS TO MINIMAP
Thanks. Minimap improvement is welcome.

Sometimes it's like people don't want to win, they just sit and camp at the one flag we hold, in stead of going to other flags and capping them. And then they get mad when I tell them that. I just ended a round in negative k/d (ugh) because I kept trying and kept sacrificing myself.

I usually have the opposite problem. NOBODY sits back on a flag and just runs off to get other ones so stray enemies are free to just casually roll up and take it.

My favorite is when you team sits around a flag, just at the perimeter of the capture zone, instead of moving in. That shit drives me crazy.

Biff

I usually have the opposite problem. NOBODY sits back on a flag and just runs off to get other ones so stray enemies are free to just casually roll up and take it.

Then camp back and enjoy easy kills while your teammates do all the hard work?

I wish I had your problem!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

If they're truly worthless players then they'll be getting their tickets punched either way. But that's why I generally prefer Rush and Conquest Assault over vanilla CQ.

Skeyser

Just played with a guy who's total playtime was like 98% assault, never seen that before. The circle in the stats page was almost fully blue lol

He had 100 m16 stars too, that's why I checked his profile.

Majanew

Banned
Just played with a guy who's total playtime was like 98% assault, never seen that before. The circle in the stats page was almost fully blue lol

He had 100 m16 stars too, that's why I checked his profile.

I've put in 100 hours and it's been 99.9% engineer.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Yep, beta had no problems with control...at least from what I've played.

What's weird for me is that this controller lag thing has just cropped up now. It wasn't happening before but now I feel it and I sometimes have problems aiming -especially with pistols. Sometimes it sways slow while suddenly going so fast I don't even know where I'm aiming. :(

While I love the game, some of the bugs and "quirkiness" just irks me to no end.

Whose bright idea was it to FORCE people to have to watch the kill-cam? I can't even access my character screen or options menu while I'm dead? Yeah, I can but I have to wait till I spawn? WTF, DICE?

Color-blind option still not implemented in-game. Yeah, triangles for spotted enemies and squadmates make my eyes bleed.

Ironically, Battlefield is known as a "team-focused" affair, but squads are still broken for PS3. Is this the same for other platforms?

Again, I reiterate that I love the game but these stuff and a host of others (flag capping makes the actual letter block your screen?!) makes my blood boil and thinks some things weren't tested correctly...or they were done by incompetent people.

Loxley

I've recently discovered the virtues of using TDM as nothing but a tool to unlock weapon attachments and rank up more quickly. I'm Rank 16 right now, and Conquest and Rush have been a nightmare to do since many of the starter weapons are awful compared to what you can get down the line. Thanks to TDM (and that map with all of the shipping containers) I've finally managed to unlock some damn grips and sights, causing my game to improve overall.

I'm thinking about just TDM'ing my way up to rank 20, after that it'll be back to Rush and Conquest.

I've recently discovered the virtues of using TDM as nothing but a tool to unlock weapon attachments and rank up more quickly. I'm Rank 16 right now, and Conquest and Rush have been a nightmare to do since many of the starter weapons are awful compared to what you can get down the line. Thanks to TDM (and that map with all of the shipping containers) I've finally managed to unlock some damn grips and sights, causing my game to improve overall.

I'm thinking about just TDM'ing my way up to rank 20, after that it'll be back to Rush and Conquest.

Stopped reading here. LIES

Skeyser

He's right about the Russian ones to be honest, the US starting weapons are incredible though. Especially the M16 and M4A1.

Top Bottom