• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

U2NUMB

Maps looks to be a cluster.. but might be fun in some modes. But certainly not what I was hoping would be the first DLC in 6 months.

What they need to do is something similar to how Epic handles certain Gears maps where say on a building map it is slowly falling over until the end of the match when the building falls. Give us different elevations as the building falls over and then maybe 10 seconds of free fall as the match ends.

Then again that is over the top and stupid but I can see it being fun if that happened once in a while.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Surely they wouldn't shoehorn wildly different game modes into a map not suited for them.

... :lol ... :(

I'm still waiting for that rebalance of Frag Rounds to where it's only RPG/Grenade spam locking down choke points.

TheSeks

I'm going back to CS... fuck explosives.

I wouldn't mind Squad Rush evolving into a Search and Destroy/CS mode for casual play. One life to live with a 30 second bomb window and the bomb continues to be armed even after death a la freeze in Rush BF3 mode to where the defense/last person alive on defense has to defuse it during that 30 second window or something.

But lord knows people would abuse the "n00btube" and explosives just like they do in CoD's similar mode.

Looks kinda cool, but 4 maps is disappointing. I was hoping for 6.

I don't know, I think people might be overreacting. Sure, it's not the basic bf kind of map setup, but what if it's actually good?

I'd also like to see new vehicle unlocks. Bombs for planes and a missle defense system for ground vehicles would be fun.

Whenever this ethereal patch hits, rumors say that it reduces base rocket counts by one, and reduces infantry splash damage. I wonder if these changes were made with the DLC in mind.

Whenever this ethereal patch hits, rumors say that it reduces base rocket counts by one, and reduces infantry splash damage. I wonder if these changes were made with the DLC in mind.

You can almost guarantee that. The splash damage on infantry is already pretty low. Unless you hit them with the rocket, they wont die if at full health even at your feet.

TheSeks

Now compress it with a (quote) (/quote) tag so we don't load the uncompressed all the time.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rush is only fun on bigger maps, though. Rush on Metro, Bazaar and Seine are all turrible.
Metro Rush is still a lot better than Metro CQ Large. Rush has a way of making even the big maps feel small, although walking in between Caspian Rush points is a drag. I would pay $15 just to be able to respawn in a jeep anytime I wanted to.

I don't know how the gameplay will turn out but the CQ pack trailer really highlights how good the BF3 firefights are from an aesthetic standpoint. The graphics, sound, destruction, animation, particle effects... it's impressive.

Raide

Did Wake Island end up being any good? I would love Iwo Jima to be added from 1943.

I wonder if DICE are just sicking to the DLC they have announced, or will we get a few random free things along the way?

Interesting news on the big patch. It's currently waiting for MS/Sony certification, and according to Battlefieldo, it could land next week.

Side note, I hate that this game was released for consoles. It really holds up the patching process. I wish they'd separate the PC and console development so that us Master Race people get upgrades and what not faster.

Edit: To the poster above, yes, the whole B2K expansion is excellent. They did screw up the F35 though. It's a flying coffin.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't recall console and PC patches being in lock step. Seems like they're synchronizing the big patch for promotional reasons.

Interesting news on the big patch. It's currently waiting for MS/Sony certification, and according to Battlefieldo, it could land next week.

Side note, I hate that this game was released for consoles. It really holds up the patching process. I wish they'd separate the PC and console development so that us Master Race people get upgrades and what not faster.

Edit: To the poster above, yes, the whole B2K expansion is excellent. They did screw up the F35 though. It's a flying coffin.

The F35 is such a joke of a jet. Just get rid of the hovering ability and it would be a bit better. Trying to slow down for a turn and starting the hovering mode is just too frustrating.

I don't recall console and PC patches being in lock step. Seems like they're synchronizing the big patch for promotional reasons.

Yeah, that's stupid. They should have released the PC patch by now. I am hoping it's massive and fixes everything that it's rumored to address.

shouts

Neo Member
Patch notes say they are going to tweak it but I wonder how. As it is right now it seems as the gun on the F-35 has a little bit higher damage output than Su-35/F-18. Especially against infantry.

Sometimes it's great, you can hover with the jet right next to a Havoc and take it out fairly easy. But I'd much rather want them to just make it identical to the the other fighter jets, so you would actually have a chance in dogfights. Those sluggish gun rounds are sometimes painful to hit jets with.

TheBear

I know a lot of people whinge about the USAS, but fuck me it's pretty overpowered. In Metro it's like an I WIN button. Will the nerf be substantial?

TheSeks

I know a lot of people whinge about the USAS, but fuck me it's pretty overpowered. In Metro it's like an I WIN button. Will the nerf be substantial?

Nope. :( Flashlights ("I WIN" button) and frag rounds are still in.

Feature

Banned
Okay 3 questions guys:

My friend has BF3 , can I use his account to test out the game?
+
Can you download the game from origin even if you bought the disc version?
+
If that is possible, is it illegal? Because it's a bit like account sharing no?

Thanks!

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Gameplay Premiere Trailer

^This looks awful. This isn't Battlefield, DICE. There will be so much rocket/nade-spam.

The starting weapons of most of the classes are great. I still regularly use the starting weapons for Assault (M16A3) and Support (M27 IAR), while I exclusively use the starting weapon for Engineer (M4A1). Not a fan of the recon starting weapons, but I rarely play recon so no valid opinion there from me.
The fuck is this shit?
There's gonna be so much choke points and nade spamming.
more urban warfare like karkand you monsters :(

Feature

Banned
just remove the rocket launchers / grenades and other explosion causing guns from the mode and it should be much much better.

edit: also 50% of off battlefield 3 on origin. I will be buying this bad boy then (with karkand pack).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
First everyone complains that there isn't enough destruction now everyone wants to remove all the weapons that cause destruction.

scogoth

Okay 3 questions guys:

My friend has BF3 , can I use his account to test out the game?
+
Can you download the game from origin even if you bought the disc version?
+
If that is possible, is it illegal? Because it's a bit like account sharing no?

Thanks!

1) yes
2) disc version? What disc version
3) it's against the tos but if he isn't logged in at the same time they wouldn't know.

Majanew

Banned
Almost no one uses them on the 360. Must be a PS3 issue.
With so many other better attachments nobody in their right mind would use something as useless as a flashlight.

Pfft, the flashlight is a damn force field I tell ya! So many times I'm being blinded by a flashlight, in broad daylight, and I shoot exactly under his red little tag... and it's like I hit nothing. I swear it must be a "you're supposed to be disoriented/blinded by that thar flashlight in your eyes, so shooting the enemy should be hard."

TheSeks

First everyone complains that there isn't enough destruction now everyone wants to remove all the weapons that cause destruction.

Destruction within reason is fine. The issue most people have is that with no destruction the explosives are unchecked. But on small maps like these CQC even with destruction it would just make it worse.

TheSeks

With so many other better attachments nobody in their right mind would use something as useless as a flashlight.

Enlighten me, what third perk (other than the laser) is there? Heavy Barrel?

Top Bottom