• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

docbon

actually used the m26 mass attachment for the first time. 30+ kills with it the first and second round i played with it.

it is... quite accurate for a shotty.

Skeyser

actually used the m26 mass attachment for the first time. 30+ kills with it the first and second round i played with it.

it is... quite accurate for a shotty.

Yeah, the M26 is a beast. It's literally an 870MCS, same accuracy, same firing rate, same damage. Losing the medpack sucks though.

Facism

The guns feel like shit to me right now and i can't be arsed to relearn them. this has forced me to acknowledge and enjoy the beauty and handling of the 870MCS. It's like i'm running around with my dick in both hands.

mr_nothin

Banned
The guns feel like shit to me right now and i can't be arsed to relearn them. this has forced me to acknowledge and enjoy the beauty and handling of the 870MCS. It's like i'm running around with my dick in both hands.

Guns feel absolutely perfect to me and I dont think I'd change much, if anything, about how they handle now. I like the added recoil, spread, and suppression. Burst > all now and the bipod is beastly now. I'm loving the new feel of everything.

Divius

I don't really care about patch-changes and stuff, I thought the game was fine just as it was, but I am not complaining either, except for 2 things.

1. Flashlights are still way too bright.
2. The suppression system is too much. If my aim is dead on I deserve to get those hits, but because the game thinks I am suppressed my bullets fly meters outside my crosshairs. Makes no sense.

Moaradin

I can't wait to play this again once I get my 680. With my current card, it's so frustrating not being able to run the game on high due to frame spikes.

scogoth

I don't really care about patch-changes and stuff, I thought the game was fine just as it was, but I am not complaining either, except for 2 things.

2. The suppression system is too much. If my aim is dead on I deserve to get those hits, but because the game thinks I am suppressed my bullets fly meters outside my crosshairs. Makes no sense.

Battlefield 4 adventures in blurryland: the return of suppression

What's the deal with this Saiga suppressor? I see it listed in the available unlocks now, but as a null/400 kills. A suppressor on a shotgun? Yes, please.

I'm still pre-patch, but.

1. The flashlight should only be a factor in night maps. A flashlight in the daytime is literally useless. They should have swapped the effectiveness of the flashlight and laser. Flashlight in night maps, laser in daytime. Unfortunately, you can't swap attachments in the spawn lobby, where I always spawn with the completely wrong kit.
2. It's a dose of realism and a trade-off with the guy suppressing. He's playing a valuable role and probably deserves to get more kills than he does. I wish more people (including me) played the part.

Donos

I didn't really get the impression that the community complained about overpowered tanks so why nerf it? Facing a tank as infantry / engi was all about taking cover and trying to get/sneak behind the tank. If you were in the open you died. (hell it's a tank with a big ass gun and a MG)

Now you almost piss your pants as tank driver when two rpg guys are approaching you.

akira28

I guess they want tanks to start teaming up with other tanks and jeeps. Or to be solely used to back up infantry doing sweeps instead of mowing through life like a giant mech.

docbon

Is there any context in which the m320 buck would be a useful attachment to have? trying to utilize it but it seems like it's outclassed in every possible way by every other item in that equipment slot. Perhaps the devs forgot it existed.

scogoth

Is there any context in which the m320 buck would be a useful attachment to have? trying to utilize it but it seems like it's outclassed in every possible way by every other item in that equipment slot. Perhaps the devs forgot it existed.

Trolling

Skeyser

I don't know the exact stats, but it's more accurate and the damage drop off is smaller. I believe its 20 dmg per pellets max 16.5 min instead of 20 max 6 min. But yeah, its crazy long reload time makes it useless compared to the M26 mass.

it's a 1 hitter quitter, like a diamond cutter out of nowhere..

*BANG*

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I guess they want tanks to start teaming up with other tanks and jeeps. Or to be solely used to back up infantry doing sweeps instead of mowing through life like a giant mech.
Riding solo in a tank was already a death trap. I'm guessing they're balancing based on those 2 and 3 person all engineer multi-tank teams, which could dominate pretty easily.

Skeyser

Riding solo in a tank was already a death trap. I'm guessing they're balancing based on those 2 and 3 person all engineer multi-tank teams, which could dominate pretty easily.

I don't know, you could do pretty damn good solo with reactive armor, thermal vision and the shotgun shell. IMO they should just have nerfed reactive armor and tanks would have been fine.

Makoto

You could do well in a tank solo with LMG and thermal optics as long as there are no air assets focused on taking you out and you know when to retreat/regen/re-engage. Post-patch, there seems to be an emphasis on having, at the very least, a competent second-seat gunner to watch the blind spots for the driver.

Skeyser

Anyone else getting dropped out of games a lot with the following message : You were disconnected from EA Online (1). It's really annoying I can barely finish a round =/

DTKT

Suppression is way too powerful now.

Bloody DICE, they can't balance anything. It's BF2 all over again. Without the mods and without the fun stuff.

Skeyser

Well so is Suppression Resist. Suck it up.

Too bad it's cancelled by the improved suppression perk...

I'm pretty sure they'll revert that change, pretty much everyone agrees that it's been way over buffed. There's no reason to keep a mechanic that pisses off 99% of your player base.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
As a Support player who used suppression in the first place, I welcome this new dominance. Though there were definite moments where I was being shot at from distance at an obvious disadvantage and all I did was bring up ol' trusty M249 and kill them.

Too bad it's cancelled by the improved suppression perk...

I'm pretty sure they'll revert that change, pretty much everyone agrees that it's been way over buffed. There's no reason to keep a mechanic that pisses off 99% of your player base.

The USAS frags pissed off about 75% and still took them months to fix

Top Bottom