• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

But now that it shoots DEATH, everyone walks around with it

Not me, I tested it got 70kills and stop using it, it requires no skills to use a broken OP weapon, right now I am leveling some of my guns, just got the HB for the G36c, next will be KH-2002 and F2000....

Feature

Banned
is that m26 weapon stronger if used with the G3A3 or doesn't it matter which gun I use it with? I find it pretty funny running around and blasting people in the face and one shotting them. Sometimes it fails though... does it do more damage if I aim down the sight?

is that m26 weapon stronger if used with the G3A3 or doesn't it matter which gun I use it with? I find it pretty funny running around and blasting people in the face and one shotting them. Sometimes it fails though... does it do more damage if I aim down the sight?

it does more with the G3A3, 34 instead of 25

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
no contact with ea servers

its like this game makes up errors on the spot every time i want to play

Einbroch

Banned
Time to test my new PC out. Just picked this up, can't wait to dive in. Have never played a PC FPS, only console.

I'm a little scared.

DTKT

Figured out why you see Colonel 100 players. Metro HC with 1200 tickets.

Seriously, what the fuck.

MR-NOTHING, I am blaming you.

spidye

Totally the reason why I don't have more kills.

lololol.
citizen_cane.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
Figured out why you see Colonel 100 players. Metro HC with 1200 tickets.

Seriously, what the fuck.

MR-NOTHING, I am blaming you.

Wtf you blaming ME for? LOL
I only play Metro to take a break and even then...I only play NO EXPLOSIVE servers for metro. I'd say metro takes up like 8% of my playing time

Skeyser

Metro is a good map in 32 players in my opinion, I don't know why so many people hates it.

64 is straight padding though, I've had 50+ kill streaks by camping in 1 spot and mowing down anyone who showed up, it's stupid and really doesn't require any skill. Still somewhat fun though, who doesn't like huge streaks...

DTKT

Wtf you blaming ME for? LOL
I only play Metro to take a break and even then...I only play NO EXPLOSIVE servers for metro. I'd say metro takes up like 8% of my playing time

I needed someone to blame. I can't live with the guilt of playing on Metro.

mr_nothin

Banned
Metro is a good map in 32 players in my opinion, I don't know why so many people hates it.

64 is straight padding though, I've had 50+ kill streaks by camping in 1 spot and mowing down anyone who showed up, it's stupid and really doesn't require any skill. Still somewhat fun though, who doesn't like huge streaks...

Explosives ruin it.
Metro is only decent when played on No Explosives servers

Skeyser

Explosives ruin it.
Metro is only decent when played on No Explosives servers

I don't feel like explosives are an issue on 32 man servers honestly, especially since they nerfed most explosives in the patch.

No arguing about 64 though, explosives breaks the map there. But either way it becomes a massive campfest where no real strategy or skill is required. 64 is just too much for such a small map, full of choke points to make it worse.

Why do people run toward bullets? When I'm at the end of the hallway at B, prone* and filling the hallway with lead, why sprint towards me through the hail of gunfire? If you run around the outside, you could easily kill me, and probably take my tags.

*Why does being prone make it harder to be killed? If you are getting hits, the only possible spot is the top of the skull.

Skeyser

Why do people run toward bullets? When I'm at the end of the hallway at B, prone* and filling the hallway with lead, why sprint towards me through the hail of gunfire? If you run around the outside, you could easily kill me, and probably take my tags.

*Why does being prone make it harder to be killed? If you are getting hits, the only possible spot is the top of the skull.

You can't run around people on metro 64.

Donos

Still no tweet or anything from dice regarding the Jet missile glitch? (don't mind M26 /MASS OP since i only play big conquest maps and i didn't encounter MASS players so far).

Yesterday there was a godly jet player on caspian who had aim with the MG like an aimbot (don't think that he really cheated) and even double teaming him was useless. He was 56:0 fast and his mg shots were like laser guided, his rockets owned every tank on the ground. He would still be very good with working heat seekers but without it he was just untouchable. He even got bored and stopped with JET flying.

So far i like the G36C more like my beloved M4A1. Don't know why but it somehow feels better, even on mid-distance.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Getting some microstutters since i upgraded my rig :(

this game breaks my heart at all the hoops i need to jump through to play it decently

shouts

Neo Member
Still no tweet or anything from dice regarding the Jet missile glitch? (don't mind M26 /MASS OP since i only play big conquest maps and i didn't encounter MASS players so far).

Yesterday there was a godly jet player on caspian who had aim with the MG like an aimbot (don't think that he really cheated) and even double teaming him was useless. He was 56:0 fast and his mg shots were like laser guided, his rockets owned every tank on the ground. He would still be very good with working heat seekers but without it he was just untouchable. He even got bored and stopped with JET flying.

So far i like the G36C more like my beloved M4A1. Don't know why but it somehow feels better, even on mid-distance.
Gustav Hallings twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/Lag_fest/status/191964819916722176

" we are working on a future patch for some issues, no date "

Basically they are aware but as usual they are working slow and no date. Demize has gone silenzio stampa (media blackout) since the patch released, last tweet was from 22nd of march.

shouts

Neo Member
So how are JETS broken?

I don't know what DICE did but one of the intents with the patch was to make it more difficult for jets to kill helicopters. To me it's now worse than before and I more often get down to 0% vehicle health by jets. Maybe they did make the jet machinegun weaker but now planes appear to almost hover in the air as they are flying super slow.

Second thing is that no AA missiles can hit them, ever. Obvious bug.

I don't know what DICE did but one of the intents with the patch was to make it more difficult for jets to kill helicopters. To me it's now worse than before and I more often get down to 0% vehicle health by jets. Maybe they did make the jet machinegun weaker but now planes appear to almost hover in the air as they are flying super slow.

Second thing is that no AA missiles can hit them, ever. Obvious bug.

Oh right. Yeah, I've had JETS ram through my Helicopters a few times over the last few weeks.

Donos

Oh right. Yeah, I've had JETS ram through my Helicopters a few times over the last few weeks.

I somethimes ram Helis accidently because i try to gun the down and turn to late.
I laugh everytime i get get stuck on an thin obstacle/tree for a second and my jet is kind of hovering till it gets free. Jet flying is fun but till i get the unguided rockets i'm totally useless with a jet.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So how are JETS broken?

A. They can outrun heatseekers, guided missiles, and tv missiles.
B. heatseekers themselves have had their damage significantly nerfed, as in 'I hit that guy with 2 heatseekers, then hit him with 2 more, his jet is still in the air".
C. Their stall speed is way too slow. They can basically fly around at helicopter speeds, making it trivial to knock helicopters out of the sky in one pass with just their gun.

What we're seeing is history repeat itself. Just as in BF2, when DICE supposedly tries to make jets more vulnerable all they really do is make helicopters more vulnerable.

The real problem is that jets sit at the top of the food chain AND THERE ARE MORE OF THEM than the next predator down the chain. The pyramid is inverted. There shouldn't be more jets than attack copters on any map, not when jets > attack copters in the aerial food chain. You might as well have 2 lions for every antelope on the savanna, see how that works out.

And another thing, why are the scout copters on so few conquest maps? Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman, and Wake island should have scout helicopters yet they don't for some unknown reason.

I'd be happy to see one of the jets swapped out for a scout helicopter on each of those maps.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
A. They can outrun heatseekers, guided missiles, and tv missiles.
B. heatseekers themselves have had their damage significantly nerfed, as in 'I hit that guy with 2 heatseekers, then hit him with 2 more, his jet is still in the air".
C. Their stall speed is way too slow. They can basically fly around at helicopter speeds, making it trivial to knock helicopters out of the sky in one pass with just their gun.

What we're seeing is history repeat itself. Just as in BF2, when DICE supposedly tries to make jets more vulnerable all they really do is make helicopters more vulnerable.

The real problem is that jets sit at the top of the food chain AND THERE ARE MORE OF THEM than the next predator down the chain. The pyramid is inverted. There shouldn't be more jets than attack copters on any map, not when jets > attack copters in the aerial food chain. You might as well have 2 lions for every antelope on the savanna, see how that works out.

And another thing, why are the scout copters on so few conquest maps? Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman, and Wake island should have scout helicopters yet they don't for some unknown reason.

I'd be happy to see one of the jets swapped out for a scout helicopter on each of those maps.
All that is true but you still have to be aimbot good now to get a positive K/D if you main them. People mostly use them because they're fun. Solo dogfighting would be pretty boring.

Woo-Fu

Banned
All that is true but you still have to be aimbot good now to get a positive K/D if you main them. People mostly use them because they're fun. Solo dogfighting would be pretty boring.

That isn't true at all, I get positive K/D in jets every time *UNLESS* the other team has a better jet pilot. Even in then I can usually kill a tank or helicopter or two before he shoots me down. :)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That isn't true at all, I get positive K/D in jets every time *UNLESS* the other team has a better jet pilot. Even in then I can usually kill a tank or helicopter or two before he shoots me down. :)
I'm decent, but all the pilots I've been going up against lately never miss, even from half a map away. Like the guy Donos was talking about. Maybe it's time to find some different servers.

I'll show you a positive KD/R in a jet, son.

I want to see the next BF game go back to WW2. Screw this 2143 noise.

scogoth

Will people be bitching and moaning that the crossbows are OP?

Two more points I'd like to make:

a) Fast respawn servers suck

b) Servers that only have one map in their rotation suck

I would say get your own server, but we have one and nobody uses it because it's not fast respawn or one map only.

Top Bottom