• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Ahhh yes, remember when we saw this and all fell in love with the potential of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYgDCXe2XaI&feature=related

I think I'm taking a break from this until a hotfix is released. I have a growing backlog to take care of, and believe it or not, I'm enjoying the peaceful island-building of Tropico 4 instead of CONSTANT WARFARE for a change.

Is the console versions suffering from the same issues as the PC? In terms of the M26 and heat-seekers not working?

Didn't hear anything about it being broken, what does it do?

I picked one up during a game and it seemed like it was a 2-hit kill. May have been that they were being shot at the same time from another player. Further research is needed :p

Is the console versions suffering from the same issues as the PC? In terms of the M26 and heat-seekers not working?

M26 Dart? Absolutely. Heat-seekers? I've been killed by them a few times.

Ahhh yes, remember when we saw this and all fell in love with the potential of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYgDCXe2XaI&feature=related

I think I'm taking a break from this until a hotfix is released. I have a growing backlog to take care of, and believe it or not, I'm enjoying the peaceful island-building of Tropico 4 instead of CONSTANT WARFARE for a change.

heat seekers work occasionally on console. often they just explode behind your. M26 definitely is like the PC version but not too many people know about it yet...

88 M26 Dart kills in a super long metro game, 130+ overall today, more kills today with it than from black friday until yesterday. that thing is so ridiculous.

gKXbl.png

akira28

I've concluded that the dart thing may as well be buffed, because otherwise, the goddamn MASS is crap. I just sat there shooting buckshot, frags, and slugs into people just to test. It takes like 3 hits, and I'm talking at close range just to kill someone. And since they usually didn't just stand there to get shot, I usually didn't kill anyone. I mean, is the thing a mini-shotgun or not? So far it sucks other than darts.

Feature

Banned
Played medic for the first time last night. Was pretty fun running trough a hail of bullets reviving people. Had a good team combo going on. Still need 15000 points to unlock that M26 :(

Divius

Played medic for the first time last night. Was pretty fun running trough a hail of bullets reviving people. Had a good team combo going on. Still need 15000 points to unlock that M26 :(
After playing Support for quite some time I also switched back to Assault (because the AN94 got a buff and I love it so) and while I still feel useless against tanks (obviously), it's such a good feeling to revive 4/5 fallen teambro's after a awesome shootout. (only after clearing the enemies ofcourse, don't ever revive when you are under fire)

I also have never used the M26, I can't imagine NOT having a medkit.

Feature

Banned
I had the coolest shootout yesterday on firestorm too.
My team was going from B to take over C and the enemy was packing up there. I looked on my map and saw a shitload (64 man server) of blue triangles (my team) moving up. And some point we encountered the enemy and a firefight broke out. I looked to my sides and saw about 10-15 people in line next to me fireing in different poses (stand, lying down, kneeling) and people standing behind cover. It looked like something from a movie. Needless to say we crushed the enemy at point C and took it as ours!

Wish I recorded that shit.

Donos

I had the coolest shootout yesterday on firestorm too.
My team was going from B to take over C and the enemy was packing up there. I looked on my map and saw a shitload (64 man server) of blue triangles (my team) moving up. And some point we encountered the enemy and a firefight broke out. I looked to my sides and saw about 10-15 people in line next to me fireing in different poses (stand, lying down, kneeling) and people standing behind cover. It looked like something from a movie. Needless to say we crushed the enemy at point C and took it as ours!

Wish I recorded that shit.
That's the cool shit because i like bf(3) way more than cod. Add a rocket firing heli flying over the shooting teammates and you got a awesome scene and flair. Only missing is the rock music.

lionelhutz

Sounds like you got a case of the Frostbite Freeze.
Frostbite has been freezing since 1943 or BC1 whatever.
Bottom line, it has happened to all of us.

Anything I can do to help prevent it? Clearing the cache, installing the game, running it from the disc, reinstalling after patches or title updates?

Is the server browser down?

Edit: Never mind, IE being a total a-hole doesn't want to connect to it, but Google and firefox works fine..

shouts

Neo Member
88 M26 Dart kills in a super long metro game, 130+ overall today, more kills today with it than from black friday until yesterday. that thing is so ridiculous.

gKXbl.png

ya, it's so ridiculous you HAVE to use it. Why is it that people have to use exploits just because they are there, when they know it's wrong?

Biff

Does the M26 Dart need to be used on an undersling with a HB AR for it to work? Or can you just run a HB AR and the standalone M26 Dart?

I wanna get in on the fun too ;_;

Does the M26 Dart need to be used on an undersling with a HB AR for it to work? Or can you just run a HB AR and the standalone M26 Dart?

I wanna get in on the fun too ;_;

I am using the M416+HB+M26, you gonna needs to get kills to change the M26 Mass to Dart...

And don't forget you need the underslung, you are not using the M26 by itself you are using it as an attachment, what makes it overpower the Heavy Barrel is some how working with it, when it not suppose too...

My gun looks like this

Holo.
Underslung Rail.
Heavy Barrel.

Swap out the medic kit for the M26 mass and upgrade the mass to dart by getting kills with the attached M26 mass, and you have OP gun until it's nerf...

CrankyJay

Banned
Used the Dart on a 1000+ tick Metro server and owned. I died a lot too though since I was diving right into enemy territory a lot. The best was having the Dart go through 2-3 people at once.

What ammo type are people using with the M26?

Dart ammo, though it also works with the regular Mass (Buckshot) ammo.

Wait, you have to unlock the Dart by using the M26? Bummer.

yeah, it's like 20 kills to unlock the Dart ammo.

ya, it's so ridiculous you HAVE to use it. Why is it that people have to use exploits just because they are there, when they know it's wrong?
i really just wanted to try it out for myself yesterday and see how OP it was. but now that i think about it, maybe i should run with it until the nerf...

"THEY DID IT FIRST!"
oh no, i totally did it first. the people i was playing against (other than GAF peeps) had NO IDEA what hit them!

I am using the M416+HB+M26, you gonna needs to get kills to change the M26 Mass to Dart...

And don't forget you need the underslung, you are not using the M26 by itself you are using it as an attachment, what makes it overpower the Heavy Barrel is some how working with it, when it not suppose too...

My gun looks like this

Holo.
Underslung Rail.
Heavy Barrel.

Swap out the medic kit for the M26 mass and upgrade the mass to dart by getting kills with the attached M26 mass, and you have OP gun until it's nerf...

i use a 3.4x scope, that thing is still deadly at a pretty decent range!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
The M26 is a good shotgun on its own. I got a couple of kills with it last night and was surprised at the range.

Which is why this doesn't particularly phase me that much. I mean, if you miss the first or second shot, it's so easy to just get cut down, but then that's the same issue with guns and missing the head, so I still think it's not gamebreaking. Giving Metro examples isn't the best idea either, since, well, it's Metro. Shotguns of any ilk will splay people.

Skeyser

Lol at EA, apparently they don't like Die Hard and wanted to censor my profile picture. That's fine, I can see how it was somewhat offensive.

But for some reason they censored my presentation instead(it was blank) and didn't even change the picture. Now I can't change the presentation, it's permanently stuck at "This presentation has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.">.>

Donos

pff wanted to change from M4A1 to G36C but forgot that you have no optics at first. The ironsight of the G36C sucks. Can't see/hit shit. They should give you at least two optics at start.

But i guess newbies have more incentive to buy the unlock pack this way -_-.

Lol at EA, apparently they don't like Die Hard and wanted to censor my profile picture. That's fine, I can see how it was somewhat offensive.

But for some reason they censored my presentation instead(it was blank) and didn't even change the picture. Now I can't change the presentation, it's permanently stuck at "This presentation has been hidden by the Battlelog administrators.">.>

'Hohoho, I have a machine gun' on the dead guy, or a picture of McClane with a subtitle saying 'Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker'?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm just using what I love. Still running with the SCAR-H with the M145 scope. I'm sure I'm the only idiot not using the M26, but whatever. I'm still getting kills.
(Also, I haven't leveled Assault at all, I play Engineer, so I don't have the M26 yet)

pff wanted to change from M4A1 to G36C but forgot that you have no optics at first. The ironsight of the G36C sucks. Can't see/hit shit. They should give you at least two optics at start.

But i guess newbies have more incentive to buy the unlock pack this way -_-.

It's 10 kills for the reflex. That's not bad.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ugh, was playing some Squad DM when some guy named "M26ass" comes on and destroys everyone...then does the ass squat on your face after every kill on the kill cam. LOL.

I hardly find time to play, so excuse the noobish question, but did the new patch add new weapons? I dont think I have come across a dart gun before?

Moaradin

Is there any fix to the battlelog server browser? The filters just plain don't work, and sorting servers do not work correctly.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

Battlelog only shows 3 severs that have players even when it's sorted to show top players on top.

scogoth

Is there any fix to the battlelog server browser? The filters just plain don't work, and sorting servers do not work correctly.

Battlelog only shows 3 severs that have players even when it's sorted to show top players on top.

Do you have a plugin installed? I don't get a "filtersets" button on my battlelog.

Feature

Banned
I've been having that battlelog bug since I started playing. I would uncheck everything and it would hardly find anything at all. I check everything and it hardly finds anything at all. I check specific maps/modes and it finds shitloads.

Skeyser

Turning off my firewall solved this issue for me.

Moaradin

It makes it impossible to find the server I want. I want to use custom filters but if I check any filter, like no 3d spotting for example, it doesn't find any servers.

Turning off my firewall solved this issue for me.

I turned off Smart Firewall and I get the same issues. Is there any workaround for this? I'm using Norton 360 for reference.

This game is pretty much guaranteed to freeze on every match that lasts longer than an hour now.

Anyway, as I seem to join a very bad losing team everytime I start, rather than try to push forward, most of them turned sniper instead. Not me though. I decided to camp laying down on the boxes near the pipe (in the tunnel on the left looking at the train) and just let rip with the M240b with bipod, at anyone coming towards the spawn. You get quite a view on that side. 70 odd kills later and the game crashed again.

So much satisfaction though.

70 odd kills, 58 ribbons, 5 unlocks, 1 medal, 1 star. 65474 points in 48 minutes. So good.

Top Bottom