• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

I would purchase premium but PC has so many fucking hackers, not gonna even bother plus I will be busy with GW2, when GW2 is released hundreds of games will be ignored lol....

MrBig

I'm guessing you can only spawn as a gunner in the AC-130, and that jets/helis will have to be used to take it down.

fucking shit, did they nerf the m98b?
i can't get one shit kills anymore, even with a headshot.
shit is all sorts of bullshit

edit:well, it has to be a perfect headshot for a one shot kill now

Divius

Armored Kill.

CAu75.jpg
7 flags. Nice.

CrankyJay

Banned
Can you give some more details? What is unlocked on the PC right now? Isn't CQ coming out next week (for PC)?

Right now PC players have access to a few new player skins, gun skins, the new knife, and some new assignments from Premium and Close Quarters that will net you new tags and guns.

The m320 LVG is available as well.

Well, for one it's presentation is really slick, on the PC at least. I also like that my new knife looks like an orange utility knife you could buy at Sears :)

And yes, there's a bunch of new assignments / weapons from the CQ pack. I was going to buy all the expansions anyways like a blind sheep, so I feel like I got my money worth.

AlexBasch

Edit: add me on battlelog, I'll invite you along to a game if I ever see you online. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/SG751/stats/235480631/
Thanks, but I'd hate to take a useless spot in your friend list. I'm dropping BF3, it's extremely infuriating and unfun to play.

Not criticizing the game as being bad or anything, but if I get one shot killed with everything and it takes me several mags to drop someone, I don't see the point on it, meh. Not to mention that most of the time my squad will only focus on picking snipers to counter the other whole team of snipers and not capturing flags or anything.

Not criticizing the game as being bad or anything, but if I get one shot killed with everything and it takes me several mags to drop someone, I don't see the point on it, meh. Not to mention that most of the time my squad will only focus on picking snipers to counter the other whole team of snipers and not capturing flags or anything.

It's unfortunate, but they obviously designed the game with 1 damage model for KieferCrimson and a normal damage model for everyone else. The game is really good though, as long as your name isnt KieferCrimson.

Thanks, but I'd hate to take a useless spot in your friend list. I'm dropping BF3, it's extremely infuriating and unfun to play.

You must be doing something wrong. People drop in 4-5 shots at most in this game. Are you learning to control your shots like I told you in the last post?

And yes, your last point is valid. I HATE snipers with a passion, especially when ol' Butterstick is carrying the heavy burden of capping flags. Most of them are selfish, non-confrontational pricks. When you pick your squad, there's a small icon to the left of the players name that shows what role they picked, if that helps. Avoid sniper squads at all costs. Hell, I even try to avoid squads with ONE sniper in it, as it enfuriates me to no end to see one douche prone in our own base not helping the greater good.

Give it some time, you'll get into it. Like I told you, I had the hardest time getting into it when transitioning from BC2 to BF3.

edit: LOL be nice I H8.

CrankyJay

Banned
You must be doing something wrong. People drop in 4-5 shots at most in this game. Are you learning to control your shots like I told you in the last post?

And yes, your last point is valid. I HATE snipers with a passion, especially when ol' Butterstick is carrying the heavy burden of capping flags. Most of them are selfish, non-confrontational pricks. When you pick your squad, there's a small icon to the left of the players name that shows what role they picked, if that helps. Avoid sniper squads at all costs. Hell, I even try to avoid squads with ONE sniper in it, as it enfuriates me to no end to see one douche prone in our own base not helping the greater good.

Give it some time, you'll get into it. Like I told you, I had the hardest time getting into it when transitioning from BC2 to BF3.

This is why I normally pulse my shots when shooting at someone. If you're spraying an entire clip and they don't die that is most likely a lag issue (or you have a flash flight shining in your face and/or are being suppressed).

AlexBasch

It's unfortunate, but they obviously designed the game with 1 damage model for KieferCrimson and a normal damage model for everyone else. The game is really good though, as long as your name isnt KieferCrimson.
Well, I don't know what to think when I blast some guy with a shotgun very close and I get knifed just like that.

Yeah, that's why I was picking up Recon. Assault weapons don't suit me at all because the recoil is way too weird, I feel like I'm playing a feeble guy instead of a soldier. At least with the SKS I know how to time my shots. I know there's a fire select button for most weapons but I feel more comfortable with the SKS, too bad it's not available for assault. Or I get kicked for using it in some servers.

I had that issue in BC2, liked to play Recon and spot enemies with the rifle and if I had the chance, maybe take a shot. In here I have myself running around like an idiot and finding out that both teams are filled with snipers in TDM.

Maybe, I'm going to cool off a bit because I'm really getting angry at shooting someone on the back very close and getting easily killed with a turning headshot. :|

i dunno what the issue could be, your accuracy is ~15%, that's pretty normal and you should be killing more people... cap a video maybe?
I'll try fraps but lowering the resolution. I know it's better to have this running at fully pledged 60fps but maybe I can get something decent looking with it.

You looked my stats? Awesome k/d and w/l ratio right?

Binabik15

Guys. How do I text chat? Punkbuster update needed after a long time not playing, if yes, how. How do the Back to Karackand/Assault Conquest maps work?

Why does my game spazz around sometimes, like ten secs of doing NOTHING? I hope it isn't my uni connection, would suck to have such a fast connection but acting up regularily.

CrankyJay

Banned
How do the Back to Karackand/Assault Conquest maps work?

One team starts with all the flags capped and has no uncap, the other team has an uncap. The game ends when one team runs out of tickets or the team with the uncap secures all flags and kills all remaining alive soldiers or mobile spawn points. So for example, if all the flags are capped by the assaulting team and everyone in your squad is dead, you won't be able to spawn.

Well, I don't know what to think when I blast some guy with a shotgun very close and I get knifed just like that.

Yeah, that's why I was picking up Recon. Assault weapons don't suit me at all because the recoil is way too weird, I feel like I'm playing a feeble guy instead of a soldier. At least with the SKS I know how to time my shots. I know there's a fire select button for most weapons but I feel more comfortable with the SKS, too bad it's not available for assault. Or I get kicked for using it in some servers.

I had that issue in BC2, liked to play Recon and spot enemies with the rifle and if I had the chance, maybe take a shot. In here I have myself running around like an idiot and finding out that both teams are filled with snipers in TDM.

Maybe, I'm going to cool off a bit because I'm really getting angry at shooting someone on the back very close and getting easily killed with a turning headshot. :|

I'll try fraps but lowering the resolution. I know it's better to have this running at fully pledged 60fps but maybe I can get something decent looking with it.

You looked my stats? Awesome k/d and w/l ratio right?

First of all, stop playing recon. Play assault for a bit to learn how the guns work and feel. I can outduel snipers while I'm using an M16 with Kobra sight. You'll get the feel of the weapons this way.

Also, stop playing TDM :) TDM is good for a few warm-up rounds, but it's not the meat of the game.

You might like the G3 if you have it unlocked. It's controllable, and packs quite a punch. The AK sounds like it might fit you as well.

Stick with it. It's an awesome game. Here's a vid I took that might inspire you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVIcjliWSI4&feature=plcp

Oh and finally, check out Dxtory instead of Fraps. It's much less CPU intensive.

Binabik15

One team starts with all the flags capped and has no uncap, the other team has an uncap. The game ends when one team runs out of tickets or the team with the uncap secures all flags and kills all remaining alive soldiers or mobile spawn points. So for example, if all the flags are capped by the assaulting team and everyone in your squad is dead, you won't be able to spawn.

Okay. All I now is that I was on Wake Island and was brutalized by jets and helis that I couldn't shoot down because heat seeker engi tubes are worthless. Yay. And I couldn't even get close to dead comrades to revive them because everything was exploding. No fun in that.

Wdit: wow, I was never as Rambo with the M249 as right now. 12-3 in like four minutes and so much pew-pew- Much better than the games before.

AlexBasch

First of all, stop playing recon. Play assault for a bit to learn how the guns work and feel. I can outduel snipers while I'm using an M16 with Kobra sight. You'll get the feel of the weapons this way.

Also, stop playing TDM :) TDM is good for a few warm-up rounds, but it's not the meat of the game.

You might like the G3 if you have it unlocked. It's controllable, and packs quite a punch. The AK sounds like it might fit you as well.

Stick with it. It's an awesome game. Here's a vid I took that might inspire you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVIcjliWSI4&feature=plcp

Oh and finally, check out Dxtory instead of Fraps. It's much less CPU intensive.
Oh, funny you say that because I decided to give it another try and now look at this. :p (I'm being playful, just in case haha) but I think I can help my team better this way, spotting and taking a few shots, then again I understand that I need to check out the classes and I'm unlocking more stuff with the Assault, but at least I'm getting comfortable playing other classes.

I decided to give it another whirl and it wasn't so horrible now. The Syatek guy was a psycho yelling orders and being "YOU FUCKERS ARE USELESS, FUCKING NOO-OH GOOD JOB MAN, NICE SPOTTING!" but I'm digging more Rush than Conquest in this, back in BC2 I was always on Conquest or TDM, but I think I'll drop that, it's kinda hard because most servers are Operation Metro TMD 1000 Tickets, but I just favorited that server. :)

And holy shit at that video. D: I'm more of a support guy on vehicles but I'd love to handle jets like that.

Thanks for the input man, I really appreciate it. :)

Binabik15

Why the hell do I get kicked all the time? I have the latest Punkbuster, I don't cheat, I'm not amazing etc. Any ideas? Might be my uni connection, as I said, any way to check it? I don't see the point in trying to play when I get kicked or the game craps out on me about every 15 minutes.

Cost me my DAO rifle scope, my new rank, the Famas, everything. Fuckdammit.

Why the hell do I get kicked all the time? I have the latest Punkbuster, I don't cheat, I'm not amazing etc. Any ideas? Might be my uni connection, as I said, any way to check it? I don't see the point in trying to play when I get kicked or the game craps out on me about every 15 minutes.

Hum, aren't stats saved server side and sent to EA servers when the round ends? You shouldn't be losing anything.

Anyway, what error are you getting when it kicks you out?

demolitio

Well shit. They kind of forced me hand on premium for PC once I found out one of the exclusive camos was the Air Force ABU pattern. Gotta rep my branch and that camo stuck with me (good and bad) since I was part of the first flights in training to wear the new uniform. It was kind of funny being the odd ones out as everyone else was still in BDU's...

Ferny

So did the GAF servers just die or did someone just not want to pay for them any longer? It would be cool to get one going to play with GAF more often.

Deadbeat

Banned
You know its funny when battlelog was saying stats werent saving. So I decided to play coop to get the coveted g3a3. I just noticed today that all my coop points are gone. Like over 130k points. Im not doing that again. Fuck coop.

I was close to the g3, but its gone forever.

AlexBasch

Kills 512
Deaths 834
I'm slowly crawling my way up.

And sorry Butter, I'm just way too in love with my SKS. Maybe I'm far more adjusted with single shot? I unlocked the AEK and couldn't kill anything at all until I switched to little bursts but I need to unlock the ACOG to improve my stats.

CrankyJay

Banned
Okay. All I now is that I was on Wake Island and was brutalized by jets and helis that I couldn't shoot down because heat seeker engi tubes are worthless. Yay. And I couldn't even get close to dead comrades to revive them because everything was exploding. No fun in that.

Wdit: wow, I was never as Rambo with the M249 as right now. 12-3 in like four minutes and so much pew-pew- Much better than the games before.

Yeah the stingers have a short range and the signal can be disrupted if they use smoke...usually best to use stingers in unison with a squad mate so you can stagger your locks/shots.

CrankyJay

Banned

What kind of video card do you have?

I'm slowly crawling my way up.

And sorry Butter, I'm just way too in love with my SKS. Maybe I'm far more adjusted with single shot? I unlocked the AEK and couldn't kill anything at all until I switched to little bursts but I need to unlock the ACOG to improve my stats.

No that's cool, use what you feel comfortable with :)

AlexBasch

No that's cool, use what you feel comfortable with :)
I still appreciate your input. I tried to look up for the G3 but it requires co-op to unlock I think? ):

Amazon drops the price on Back to Karkand sometimes to 50% off and I was feeling tempted before to grab it, but with BF Premium I'm a bit wary of that. How often will that content go out? I don't feel like getting a season pass this pricey, given that only this and the close quarter thing just got released.

Anyone remember the ground /terrain deformation in the Operation Metro BF3 Beta that DICE removed due to glitching?

Did they ever restore that into the game by having fixed it from glitching? It's about the only thing that would get me to play the game again.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I still appreciate your input. I tried to look up for the G3 but it requires co-op to unlock I think? ):

Amazon drops the price on Back to Karkand sometimes to 50% off and I was feeling tempted before to grab it, but with BF Premium I'm a bit wary of that. How often will that content go out? I don't feel like getting a season pass this pricey, given that only this and the close quarter thing just got released.
Expansions drop pretty much every three months. Aside from that, there's always SOME form of bonus content every month as well, not counting guides, events, or videos. August is the slimmest pickings from the look of it, if only because we have no idea exactly what "bonus content" means. At the least, it looks like we'll regularly get new assignments and cammos along with monthly XP events. These are the "premium" type perks. There are plenty of vanilla servers out there, so playing shouldn't be to hard, but if you want all the things, this is probably the cheapest way to get them.

uOBG9.png

Anyone remember the ground /terrain deformation in the Operation Metro BF3 Beta that DICE removed due to glitching?

Did they ever restore that into the game by having fixed it from glitching? It's about the only thing that would get me to play the game again.
I don't think it's in Metro anymore, but there still is plenty of terrain deformation on other maps like Karg and Caspian. Drop some mines down and blow them up, there's suddenly a crater there.

Top Bottom