• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Grabbed FoxyProxy for Firefox and set it to a Brazilian proxy (IP: 177.43.44.79, port 3128), then went on Origin and it led me to the Brazil page. The price on there is RL49.99, or about $25. Put in a Brazilian name and random address of a business I found, entered card info, and it was done. Took a night though.

i think they fixed it?
ibsqjne9m5jHNA.png

So this patch has completely broken the game for me, I am getting system lockups where I have to hard-boot. I tried everything I could think of. Deleted the game from my system. Good Job guys!

So this patch has completely broken the game for me, I am getting system lockups where I have to hard-boot. I tried everything I could think of. Deleted the game from my system. Good Job guys!

This is what I posted in the PC community thread:

I had the same problem, and I had to hard reset my system. When I rebooted, I got the message, "overclocking failed," since I'm doing it automatically through the BIOS. I turned that feature off and haven't had a problem since.

This is what I posted in the PC community thread:

I had the same problem, and I had to hard reset my system. When I rebooted, I got the message, "overclocking failed," since I'm doing it automatically through the BIOS. I turned that feature off and haven't had a problem since.

I tried doing the same thing but now it crashes even faster, before I could get through at least one round.

JonCha

Battlefield 3 is randomly closing now I've updated to the latest patch. No error message or anything.

Incidentally, I need to get an Xbox 360 controller set up. I said I wanted to use a mouse and keyboard, but I'm getting dominated and my K/D will be irreparable by the time I'm good.

Bah, can't view it here at work. By any chance is being hosted by this fellow again?

http://i.min.us/ijmaEm.gif

Any worthy info?

AC-130 flies on a path
you can spawn in it if your team captures the base that controls it
2 different guns, a 25mm and a 120mm
even if both gunner seats are occupied, you can still spawn on the AC-130 in a parachute
the enemy can shoot it down
both gunners have flares available
it respawns eventually like other vehicles do

the map they've shown is called Bandar Desert
it's "the biggest map in battlefield history"
the other 3 maps in Armored Kill are smaller

mobile artillery and tank killer tanks are new vehicles
tank killer tanks are powerful but weak
mobile artillery is really weak but has long range

AC-130 flies on a path
you can spawn in it if your team captures the base that controls it
2 different guns, a 25mm and a 120mm
even if both gunner seats are occupied, you can still spawn on the AC-130 in a parachute
the enemy can shoot it down
both gunners have flares available
it respawns eventually like other vehicles do

the map they've shown is called Bandar Desert
it's "the biggest map in battlefield history"
the other 3 maps in Armored Kill are smaller

mobile artillery and tank killer tanks are new vehicles
tank killer tanks are powerful but weak
mobile artillery is really weak but has long range

Also, there will be ATV's in Armored Kill. Those were really fun to zip around on in the BC games.

Facism

did the proxy job, money is out of my account, order has been pending for 30 mins lol. Felt ok doing as BF3 was a gift.

Couldn't get Premium from EA India with my card, authorization would fail, but a friend and I did it with his, and it went through instantly, also instantly showed up in the client and on Battlelog. <3 India.

Now maybe I'll actually get back to playing it sometime...

Pennybags

transport choppers already allow that... 5/12

Well, yeah. They're generally meant to get out, though.
Of course, that often doesn't happen when you have XxxPr0SnypeZxXx-type of players hanging out in your chopper. ;)

I have the game on both 360 and the PC. I can't stand how empty the game can sometimes feel on the Xbox, but it also irritates me when playing PC BF3 how only a select few of the vanilla maps are suitable for the 64 player experience. It's like either way, you lose.

Especially with these new maps and premium service.

I would probably get the CQ pack to play with certain friends on Xbox, and Armored Kill or any other packs focused on vehicles I would get for PC.
The problem with that situation is that it doesn't make sense for me to get Premium. Which means I have to wait two weeks for content, just because.

On top of the week you have to wait after the PS3 players receive it.

BigDes

It wont run well but you might be able to get 30fps or so on med-low settings. Which would look about like how it does on consoles.

It actually runs surprisingly well you can get 40-50fps for the most part as long as the more hungry things it does are on low, the rest can go on medium

This is a similar setup to mine and i am surprised by how well it runs (except I have a 5770 and am overclocked to 3.6ghz)

I have a spare Origin code that I'll sell for the same price as the India offer. I'm in the EU so I don't know if that matters.

PM me if you're interested.

schnell

The word online now is that people who used proxies to buy Premium for less than $50 are getting refund and Premium removed from their accounts. One guy is also claiming that he payed $34 and EA is charging him the additional $16 after they found out. Not sure how valid all this is but just a heads up.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Do engineer rockets not kill the people inside jeeps anymore? I was on wake last night kept shooting and blowing up the dune buggys, but the guys inside wouldn't die.

The word online now is that people who used proxies to buy Premium for less than $50 are getting refund and Premium removed from their accounts. One guy is also claiming that he payed $34 and EA is charging him the additional $16 after they found out. Not sure how valid all this is but just a heads up.

Well, "word online" just appears to be one Reddit thread 24 hours ago where the only person that's posted about having this issue seems to be the OP, so I don't think it's all coming crashing down just yet.

Top Bottom