• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

The word online now is that people who used proxies to buy Premium for less than $50 are getting refund and Premium removed from their accounts. One guy is also claiming that he payed $34 and EA is charging him the additional $16 after they found out. Not sure how valid all this is but just a heads up.

What, so now I can't buy stuff on origin while in India for vacation? That's stupid!

Things SirButterstick hates:

1) Snipers that sit on the edge of a contested cap zone that don't move in to help.
2) Snipers that use a jet as their own personal, disposable transportation.
3) People who sit all the way back trying to plink off some easy kills when their team is losing (see: snipers)

Things SirButterstick loves:

1) Outdueling a sniper with my new, lovely Scar-H
2) Jets

1) Snipers that sit on the edge of a contested cap zone that don't move in to help.
3) People who sit all the way back trying to plink off some easy kills when their team is losing (see: snipers)

2) Jets
Oh man, #1 is the thing that pains me the most. Not just about snipers though, it hurts when anyone does it.

MrBig

Checked out that PC BF3 server list and found a surprisingly low amount of servers when I filter for 24+ player servers with 1-10 opening running CQ. Is this normal? I though BF3 PC was a lot more popular than the 360 version

Checked out that PC BF3 server list and found a surprisingly low amount of servers when I filter for 24+ player servers with 1-10 opening running CQ. Is this normal? I though BF3 PC was a lot more popular than the 360 version

Has EA released how much this game has sold on each platform?

There are full servers as far as the eye can see on the 360, the only issue is finding servers that aren't rocking 3 million percent tickets.

MrBig

Has EA released how much this game has sold on each platform?

There are full servers as far as the eye can see on the 360, the only issue is finding servers that aren't rocking 3 million percent tickets.

Yeah, I have to go a few pages back in the to ensure that I find a server that I'll actually get in when I hit join on 360 :/

Filtering for US only there only six servers. That's ridiculous.

e: ok, I see what it is. Pretty much all servers are unranked, but there still aren't many.

AlexBasch

2) Jets
Now I see why you didn't want me to play Recon.

I'm getting tired as shit to see out team being completely destroyed with like four tanks two jets and three helicopters and not a single teammate controlling a damn vehicle but sniping on top of roofs.

At least I'm trying to set up Spawn Beacons, spotting enemies, etc. Now I see why I got kicked for selecting Recon once. ): And yay, I got killed 1000 times already. It doesn't help that I'm finishing my matches with like 2/40 or 3/50 in high ticket matches. :/

I need to stop obsessing over my k/d ratio. ):

With premium they give you the ability to reset it , and your win/loss ratio as well.
ibwUbdJfChnorJ.png

Now I see why you didn't want me to play Recon.

I'm getting tired as shit to see out team being completely destroyed with like four tanks two jets and three helicopters and not a single teammate controlling a damn vehicle but sniping on top of roofs.

At least I'm trying to set up Spawn Beacons, spotting enemies, etc. Now I see why I got kicked for selecting Recon once. ): And yay, I got killed 1000 times already. It doesn't help that I'm finishing my matches with like 2/40 or 3/50 in high ticket matches. :/

There's a big difference between 'Recon' and 'Sniparz' :)

Recon's good.

Liamario

Banned
I was playing battlefield on the 360, I was ok nothing special. Just started playing on the PC a couple of weeks ago (and about a month or so of playing online games in general)- just finished a game of team deathmatch, with the top score of 85-41.

Big grin on my face :)

kitch9

Banned
whoever greenlit this queue jumping feature for premium members is a complete imbecile.

Well the fact it appears to be generating so much emotion means it must be adding value. People are pissed they don't have it and they themselves want it.

If you've ever booked a flight you should know the concept of paying to get preferred treatment is not a new one... Some companies charge so you can pick your seat or be first to board the aircraft for instance.

Priority in the queue for premium member? I wish Dice and EA would have told me upfront before I bought the game what bunch of motherfucking cocksuckers they were going to be.

I don't see the big deal. I never waited in queue, now that I'm a premium member I never wait either. My search filters are for "1-5" and "6-10" free slots. And if by chance someone joins before me and the server gets full, I just choose another one.

I don't see the big deal. I never waited in queue, now that I'm a premium member I never wait either. My search filters are for "1-5" and "6-10" free slots. And if by chance someone joins before me and the server gets full, I just choose another one.

i wait in queues sometimes because a game my friends are in is full...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, when playing with friends, queues usually become unavoidable. Especially if you want a decent vanilla settings w/proper map rotation.

after the BF3 player drop off since Launch the only people who still play are dedicated/high-rank players who are more likely to go for Premium... Therefore it's also more likely that the percentage of the total player-base that is on Premium is much higher than if Premium would have been released at Launch.

It's a shame, but it's also a shame I got premium because of having some spare cash and wanting to have some DLC waiting for me in the future if I ever started playing this patch-upon-path mess of a game again.

i wait in queues sometimes because a game my friends are in is full...

Ah yeah, didn't think of that. Not that I don't play with friends, but when I do we always join the same server at the same time through the party system.

after the BF3 player drop off since Launch the only people who still play are dedicated/high-rank players who are more likely to go for Premium... Therefore it's also more likely that the percentage of the total player-base that is on Premium is much higher than if Premium would have been released at Launch.

It's a shame, but it's also a shame I got premium because of having some spare cash and wanting to have some DLC waiting for me in the future if I ever started playing this patch-upon-path mess of a game again.

I still see plenty of noobs around. All the way to the "lift off the air 10 feet, flip the heli upside down and crash" kind of noobs.

Priority in the queue for premium member? I wish Dice and EA would have told me upfront before I bought the game what bunch of motherfucking cocksuckers they were going to be.

This shit makes me hate Dice/EA since the update I find that when I am joining a server with 2-3 free slots and premium joins at the same time I get kicked out the game yet I started to load the level...

Tells me I can't connect to server, never happen before until they introduced premium...

Yeah, when playing with friends, queues usually become unavoidable. Especially if you want a decent vanilla settings w/proper map rotation.

And it still puts you on the other team.

Attempting to play with a party is more trouble than it's worth in this game, which is a shame because working with your friends on a squad if you can ever get on the same team is an awesome experience.

i saw PLENTY of low levels (< 20) with premium. hell, i saw a RANK 1 with premium!

Binabik15

2) Jets

Things I hate

Jets. Attack choppers. Not killing them due to shitty lock on system in bf3.

I don't know, O'm not good at this. Well, I'm a great healer/reviver, but I haven't found a gun decent at killing with. M249 is it sometimes, but not always. The G3 I used for the first time right now might be it, so familiar from BC2.

But honestly, I need a bro with a tank for me to fix and kill doods with the MG, but I have no one. Once they've movef I might be able to play with my brother bro, but that bro hates broing out with tanks.

MrBig

I've been holding off on playing multi until my monitor comes in on Monday because only my tv (can't use kb/m in my set-up atm) is hooked up to my 670, but I couldn't wait any longer and gave it a whirl.

16-19 on Canals isn't terrible I guess considering I'm using a 360 controller and ended up 8/32 on my team.

Second game
I stuck to the jet on Caspian and went 29-5.

It's a whole new game, coming from 360. Visually it's stunning, but CQ large and the UI changes are just fantastic. Everything is so smooth and perfect playing at a locked 60fps at Ultra. Nice to see that it doesn't disable kb/m with the controller enabled so that I can just leave that in for flying. Biggest difference though is the player count, 24 players is just empty on consoles, relatively. There isn't much of a variety in server/map rotations, and there are hardly any servers at all relative to 360. Does it just list the first few results or am I missing something?

Can't wait till monday for more :)

Ah yeah, didn't think of that. Not that I don't play with friends, but when I do we always join the same server at the same time through the party system.

I still see plenty of noobs around. All the way to the "lift off the air 10 feet, flip the heli upside down and crash (into water)" kind of noobs.
I re-installed the game when I bought Premium and went into a server to see if I still liked Airmaps... and this happened to me, I was in shock.

Also about my run yesterday, if you see this Nabs: BF3 ran at a flawless clip on the GTX560 (i've worn it in enough to be safe with running BF3, lol), with full 64 player servers it doesnt go below 30 at Medium w/Vsync. I'll hit you up when I'm good to play.

DarkFlow

Banned
So when I bought BF3 for PC, I was logged into the wrong Origin account that I use for SWTOR. I'm trying to get them to move it too my MAIN account http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/darkflow that has my PS3 BF3 and also my level 7 Vet status.

Well this is like pulling teeth with EA. I had to spend 45 mins talking to a chat support dude just for him to move it up the chain to get this fixed. Now I have to wait another 2 days before they do anything. First he said he would do it, but He would not move my Premium that I got on the PC with it. I flipped a lid on that one, Trying to steal $50 from me basically and he backed off that and magically he could do it. Guess I'll see in a day or two if they can do it, when I know they can and I've seen people who have.

Orlandu84

I just started playing Battlefield 3 again thanks to Diablo 3 burnout (getting end-game gear is too much of a grind for me). So I kept seeing players with this "Premium" adjective in their dog tags. Sigh. EA and DICE have discovered a new way to get my money - it took all of two days and one video to cause me to order the Premium package. I hope that early access to the expansion packs is worth it.

I just started playing Battlefield 3 again thanks to Diablo 3 burnout (getting end-game gear is too much of a grind for me). So I kept seeing players with this "Premium" adjective in their dog tags. Sigh. EA and DICE have discovered a new way to get my money - it took all of two days and one video to cause me to order the Premium package. I hope that early access to the expansion packs is worth it.

I believe the cost of the expansions included in Premium alone saves money over time.

I believe the cost of the expansions included in Premium alone saves money over time.

Yes it does.

If you plan on getting all of the remaining expansions, they would cost you $60. Premium gets you all of those for $50, and two weeks early. I saw Premium as just pre-paying for the expansions that I was going to purchase anyways.

If for some reasons you are someone that didn't get the limited edition and therefore didn't get Back to Karkand for free, you save quite a bit as it gives you access to that as well ($25 savings if you didn't have Karkand).

MrBig

Yes it does.

If you plan on getting all of the remaining expansions, they would cost you $60. Premium gets you all of those for $50, and two weeks early. I saw Premium as just pre-paying for the expansions that I was going to purchase anyways.

If for some reasons you are someone that didn't get the limited edition and therefore didn't get Back to Karkand for free, you save quite a bit as it gives you access to that as well ($25 savings if you didn't have Karkand).

Thanks to snoopeasystreet I got Premium for $25, saving me $50. Pretty great deal. Though I don't know if I'll continue playing BF3 after planetside 2 comes out so it evens out

Arucardo

There's loads of empty CQB servers now, but you'll need a way to unlock the dlc in origin to access them.

Also, premium bought ;) and I hope someone approves my gaf platoon request .

Could'a should'a hopped into Mumble and stayed a little longer!

Yeah, I didn't see Spl1nter's messages until later. Did anyone else's message alert sounds stop working recently?

I was also having issues with PB kicking me out until I updated, and I'm still getting hard-locking (RealTek). Gonna order that USB thing, I guess.

Top Bottom