• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Arucardo

Played a few hours of B2K maps in a squad with one of the DICE devs and a friend of his, tons of fun.

Had a moment where both of us dodged a speeding LAV by going prone at the last second and the LAV flew right over us.

Anyone know where I can find on the battlelog where it shows the reasons I keep getting kicked from games. It feels like I've been kicked from at least 10 games in the last hour and it's really pissing me off. Not to mention I can't even see the so-called "violations" I've committed

Xux

Anyone know where I can find on the battlelog where it shows the reasons I keep getting kicked from games. It feels like I've been kicked from at least 10 games in the last hour and it's really pissing me off. Not to mention I can't even see the so-called "violations" I've committed
The reason's 'cause the admin said so. They probably expect you to be grateful that they even let you play on their server at all.

Nabs

Gotta buy Premium to play more than 1 minute in BF3, sorry bruh.

Facism

Without a doubt, Battlefield admins are the biggest pricks. It's like they gave these rights to people with unresolved bullying issues, and now that they're in a position of power, they want to bully people too.

I'm a server admin and i'd feel ashamed if i pulled a quarter of the shit that i've gotten from Battlefield admins during my time.

DarkFlow

Banned
So what's up with the CQ pack on PC. Everything on battlelog is blasting 6-11-12 at me. Everyone else is saying 6-12-12. I'm so confused.

MrBig

So what's up with the CQ pack on PC. Everything on battlelog is blasting 6-11-12 at me. Everyone else is saying 6-12-12. I'm so confused.

Yeah I thought it was 6-11 as well, idk why people are saying 6-12. There are a bunch of servers with it up but I only see one that has people on it but it's at 64 players with 7 in the queue. I tried to join and it didn't say I couldn't.

e: just a continuous black loading screen when I tried to join

Arucardo

Might be still the 11th in the US when it released but if you press the "i" button on Battlefield 3 in origin where you can see your dlc and such it shows the release date as 12th for me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a PS3 server that I mix up. Unless you do something really bad (like say racial insults), I won't kick/ban. If interested, let me know.

As for PC, I played quite a bit this weekend. The ridiculous amount if aimbot use really hurts the enjoyment of this game. Plus, without voice communication, it is hard to win. But alas, I still play.

Izayoi

Banned
As for PC, I played quite a bit this weekend. The ridiculous amount if aimbot use really hurts the enjoyment of this game. Plus, without voice communication, it is hard to win. But alas, I still play.
I don't think aimbotting is as prolific as people think. I get accused of cheating pretty much every game I play even though I am most definitely not. It's possible to make 600-800m kills on a regular basis, it just takes lots of practice and a low latency (and using the M98B on hardcore).

Izayoi

Banned
I just assume most bullshit deaths I have are due to the netcode, not hacking.
That's generally what it is. Very noticeable when playing with people who you're in vent etc with. I've fired Javs and had them impact on my screen, but friends report that they didn't see me fire one at all. Shit like that happens all of the time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If I am shot from across the map a split second from emerging from cover by someone shooting a site-less pistol, that is not skill. When people are shooting at you before you even emerge from a wall, there is no way they could know I am there if no MAV/TUG is nearby. I know there is skill, but my ping has been in the teens and twenties, and I see plenty of suspicious aiming excellence and spider senses.

In addition, I see a ton of admin messages saying people are banned for aimbot usage. The problem is that before getting kicked, the offenders get off quite a few momentum
killing kills that can undercut honest play. The cheaters are like cockroaches. You ban three and three more enter the room.

Izayoi

Banned
If I am shot from across the map a split second from emerging from cover by someone shooting a site-less pistol, that is not skill. When people are shooting at you before you even emerge from a wall, there is no way they could know I am there if no MAV/TUG is nearby. I know there is skill, but my ping has been in the teens and twenties, and I see plenty of suspicious aiming excellence and spider senses.

In addition, I see a ton of admin messages saying people are banned for aimbot usage. The problem is that before getting kicked, the offenders get off quite a few momentum
killing kills that can undercut honest play. The cheaters are like cockroaches. You ban three and three more enter the room.
Maybe I haven't run into as many actual cheaters, then. I do get killed by the rare Magnum-across-the-map, which is obviously a cheat, but it's rare that I feel impacted by them before they get banned (which is never more than a few minutes). By the way, even with a super low ping, client side prediction can fuck you over - say you strafe like you're going to peek around a corner, while you may not actually follow through, it's possible the somebody's client interprets otherwise, and shows you strafing out on that person's screen. If you're shot, their client sends that data to the server and you wind up dead. Always slow before approaching corners, and don't make aggressive movements when the intent is only to peek. If possible, peek using prone. This greatly reduces the chances of a client misinterpreting your actions and fucking you over. If I'm going around a corner, I first pause behind the wall, and then run around, making sure to follow through. 9 times out of 10 I end up with the kill.

Facism

came across this guy.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/deomenius1/

Despite his stats, he was stuck inside a non-destruction wall above the first B MCOM on Karkand as a recon and was unkillable, not missing a shot until someone put an rpg into the wall.

Was fucking infuriating. I unloaded a whole PKP into him and he took no damage, follwed by being sniped through the wall whilst i reloaded.

If it's not the netcode causing untold amounts of bullshit, it's untold amounts of bullshitters causing problems.

came across this guy.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/deomenius1/

Despite his stats, he was stuck inside a non-destruction wall above the first B MCOM on Karkand as a recon and was unkillable, not missing a shot until someone put an rpg into the wall.

Was fucking infuriating. I unloaded a whole PKP into him and he took no damage, follwed by being sniped through the wall whilst i reloaded.

If it's not the netcode causing untold amounts of bullshit, it's untold amounts of bullshitters causing problems.

Seems to be a glitch, check this video out that has the same thing happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIWA2K91Blk

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't think aimbotting is as prolific as people think. I get accused of cheating pretty much every game I play even though I am most definitely not. It's possible to make 600-800m kills on a regular basis, it just takes lots of practice and a low latency (and using the M98B on hardcore).
I think it is in the jets, due to the survival of the fittest nature of dogfighting.

D_Star

Neo Member
Soo.. Any thoughts on the improvements regarding the F2000 that came with the last patch?

Still haven't tried it because of work and Euro 2012 gobbling up all my spare time, was wondering if anyone here could share his/her after-patch-experiences.. Is it any good?

Izayoi

Banned
Soo.. Any thoughts on the improvements regarding the F2000 that came with the last patch?

Still haven't tried it because of work and Euro 2012 gobbling up all my spare time, was wondering if anyone here could share his/her after-patch-experiences.. Is it any good?
It's decent enough, but the AUG and the G3 put it to shame. I would almost always use other ARs over it.

so the maps are beautiful but it's a horrible experience... 6 out of 10 times i spawned in front of the enemy.. who the hell asked for this anyway? lol

Top Bottom