• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Nekrono

Man, the CQ expansion has made me love BF3 again - It's fantastic fun. I still suck but at least you don't get killed by tons of random shit dinging about any more ... At least not so often.

Oh and GIF

ibqVzKRC5f3Wj5.gif

Same here man, CQ brought me back to BF3!

Great GIF btw!

It's also a clusterfuck nightmare with any more than 24 players.
Played Conquest Domination yesterday on a 64 Server! SO MUCH FUN :D It's where even without any organization within the team the organization starts by itself :D collective intelligence.

Shotguns suck though. They are ... I don't have a word for this :(

So is anyone having problems purchasing Battlefield Premium? I've tried twice and both times I got a weird error (through origin). If I get charged twice I'm going to be pissed. (and yeah I restarted origin)

"Server error Error: SIT_000002"

It seems somethings broken on origin's side. The order went through on the battlelog site just not through the origin app.

VASPER

Banned
So when can i just buy CQ expansion? i want it on PC but no way am i dropping 50 for it now when i might not care about the game in a few months.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
So when can i just buy CQ expansion? i want it on PC but no way am i dropping 50 for it now when i might not care about the game in a few months.

If I may comment, I'd hold onto your money until august if you're not too hot on Premium. See what Armored Kill is like and then see if you think it's going to be worth getting the next couple of expansions with Premium or just cherry picking what you want.

Seanspeed

Banned
Alright, I'm coming back to Battlefield. Turn 10 have screwed me over with Forza 4, so I'm deleting all the DLC and extra content from that game so I have space for Close Quarters and the new patch. Y'all have sold me on the new maps. I like vehicles and everything, but I've also always liked infantry-based combat, too, so it sounds really good. I think my biggest strength is one on one gun fights due to all my years playing Call of Duty, so these maps might play to that strength. Hopefully....

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The SPAS is the opposite of suck. It's a death canon.

Kinda like the MP5, or whatever the SMG is, too. Been getting a lot of headshots with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The SPAS is the opposite of suck. It's a death canon.

Kinda like the MP5, or whatever the SMG is, too. Been getting a lot of headshots with it.

Too bad they're tied to crap maps and modes. DICE got my $15 for those two and then I had to vomit blood every five minutes from the "IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING CALL OF BATTLEFIELD" effect of these shit maps with shit spawns. :(

Too bad they're tied to crap maps and modes. DICE got my $15 for those two and then I had to vomit blood every five minutes from the "IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING CALL OF BATTLEFIELD" effect of these shit maps with shit spawns. :(

The weapons from Back to Karkand and Close Quarters are available on all maps and gametypes.

Sethos

Banned
Hmm, anyone else hearing 'double footsteps' or like footsteps play twice on top of each other? Seems like a permanent issue for me.

Hmm, anyone else hearing 'double footsteps' or like footsteps play twice on top of each other? Seems like a permanent issue for me.

I have an issue where I don't hear my own foot steps till a good 1-2 seconds later.
Really annoying, cause I'll stop and hear footsteps and freak thinking enemies are approaching.

DarkFlow

Banned
So Origin sent me a e-mail today to get a free game as part of there one-year anniversary and one is Bad company 2. Anyone else jumping in on that?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hahaha slugs in the SPAS.

-Amon-

No? Nothing unusual there. Remeber that entire gif is probably just 5 seconds.

Nothing unusual ? he has to reload to kill a prone soldier that's unaware of his position, and the second one pratically empties an assault rifle without hitting shit.

It's a staggering incompetence show concentrated in 2 encounters lol

Oh and when and where he choosed to reload too !

Guy was getting up = hitboxes all over the place. Thats BF for you.

The second encounter the other guy just sucked (and again, 2 seconds, if it even was that much.)

Don't act like similar stuff never happened to you, either by seeing others or to yourself. :p

EatChildren

Looks like a BF3 encounter to me. Game has the most inconsistent and stupid collision detection/hitboxes I've experience in a major multiplayer game in a long time. When it works it works great, but the bullshit is too rich, creamy and smelly to not notice.

Still need to try a 64 CQ map.

It functionally does not work.

-Amon-

Guy was getting up = hitboxes all over the place. Thats BF for you.

The second encounter the other guy just sucked (and again, 2 seconds, if it even was that much.)

Don't act like similar stuff never happened to you, either by seeing others or to yourself. :p

Guy was getting up as a response from the first shots ... that's the first mistake.

For the second sentence, you're right, did much worse lol. But there are no gifs around to discuss about :p

CatPee

Guy was getting up as a response from the first shots ... that's the first mistake.

For the second sentence, you're right, did much worse lol. But there are no gifs around to discuss about :p

He does have a portable sun, which easily explains the second encounter.

Tawpgun

Christ all mighty.

I need the stationary gun ribbon but the launchers have to be the most terrible thing in this entire game.

Super slow turning speed, FOV killing reticle, slow upon firing, SUPER slow reload, and can't aim up that high.

And they can't even 1 hit disable a tank.

DarkFlow

Banned
Nothing unusual ? he has to reload to kill a prone soldier that's unaware of his position, and the second one pratically empties an assault rifle without hitting shit.

Sadly I have emptied whole clips without hitting anything. :/

Is it possible to have an MVP curse? Twice, two days in a row now the servers I'm playing on will fail to generate a battlereport--but only when I'm MVP.

If I score lower--trust me, I usually do--then I get the "beep" immediately at the match's end. God forbid I get MVP because then...nothing. Server will enter another round just fine. I can play that round and as long as I suck--THAT round gets a battlereport.

Frustrating as hell. I don't get my points, yet the server seems OK and I don't crash out.

WTF is going on here?! I screen-capped today's MVP, not that it does me a lick of good but to ensure I'm not going crazy.

Anyone else experience this? This is TWO different servers now...

Xux

Christ all mighty.

I need the stationary gun ribbon but the launchers have to be the most terrible thing in this entire game.

Super slow turning speed, FOV killing reticle, slow upon firing, SUPER slow reload, and can't aim up that high.

I got mine by luring an attack helicopter to the Pantsir with a Strela and then jumping in and tearing the pilot and gunner apart. Pretty hilarious. This was on Caspian right when B2K came out and everyone on my team left 'cause they didn't know there were B2K exclusive servers, lol.

Sethos

Banned

Have you even played CQ? It's so easy to sit there and over-analyse a greatly slowed down GIF but fact of the matter is, the pace is relentless when playing and there's a ton of hip shooting and clusterfuck situations - There's no time for fine aiming and brofisting after each kill. I'm even playing Hardcore where you really don't have that luxury at all in most situations.

For those on the fence, I whipped up a Close Quarters review from the perspective of a casual Battlefield player.

Good read.

Xux

SDM on the Close Quarters maps is pretty fun; there's a fun game mode hidden under there with the IFV gone but the idiotic ticket system and the Assault class makes sure it's still pretty shitty.

Sethos

Banned
Oh it's great to be back, slowly getting better at a game - Was even called a cheater today <3 Can't believe what a difference CQ made, this would have been game of the generation for me had they implemented server side hit detection like in early alpha.

-Amon-

Have you even played CQ? It's so easy to sit there and over-analyse a greatly slowed down GIF but fact of the matter is, the pace is relentless when playing and there's a ton of hip shooting and clusterfuck situations - There's no time for fine aiming and brofisting after each kill. I'm even playing Hardcore where you really don't have that luxury at all in most situations.

No, i usually comment on games i don't own.

Seriously, the fuck question was that ? of course i own and play cq.

From the reaction it must be you on that gif.

If yes, learn to be less sensitive, or if you're unable to, post gifs with good gameplay in it.

Skidd

Christ all mighty.

B2K Gulf of Omar Conquest, RU side: Jump in the AA gun and wait for choppers and jets to come and harass C, D or the base and start unloading on them. Disabling passing jets becomes easy once you learn to lead them.

Sethos

Banned
No, i usually comment on games i don't own.

Seriously, the fuck question was that ? of course i own and play cq.

From the reaction it must be you on that gif.

If yes, learn to be less sensitive, or if you're unable to, post gifs with good gameplay in it.

Upsetting GIF is upsetting.

Spl1nter

For those on the fence, I whipped up a Close Quarters review from the perspective of a casual Battlefield player.

Very nice review man. I like the CQ expansion, its a lot of fun to play but I feel that if the experience was slightly larger than it would be even more fun. It would all for more variet in play styles and kit options. As it stands now you need either the fastest firing smg/assualt rifle/carbine or a shotgun to be succesful.

I think DICE probably should of looked at 2142 Camp Gibraltar and Cebere Landing style maps for this expansion. Nevertheless I understand the (business) reasoning for the extremely tight COD size maps. Still doesnt make me stop thinking how amazing a proper 32/64 player map with Operation 905 aesthetics and design would be.

Sethos

Banned
I really need DLC, having extremely hard time finding any servers running karkand 48/64 player maps.

I'm having trouble finding active CQ servers in my area, so many empty servers. Even during prime time there's so many empty servers. Oddly enough my "Metro Only" servers on my favourite list are always full :p

Gunmaster servers seem popular but I don't like DICE's take on Gungame.

Heres a video I made of the weapons added by the CQ expansion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbm_413CMgY

For anyone still on the fence, I'd definitely buy it. Its super fast paced, super high SPM, and the maps are overall pretty good (Ziba Tower is my favorite).

It's like CoD playstyle pace, but for BF3. You will die alot, but you can get a lot of kills easily if you play tactically.

EatChildren

Good read.

Thank you!

Very nice review man. I like the CQ expansion, its a lot of fun to play but I feel that if the experience was slightly larger than it would be even more fun. It would all for more variet in play styles and kit options. As it stands now you need either the fastest firing smg/assualt rifle/carbine or a shotgun to be succesful.

Yeah, I agree. You can do pretty well with a high damage rifle, but if you're an okay aim there's not much point using them. Enemies move fast, and the delay of loading another round and thus risking yourself isn't made up for by damage. A faster firing rifle, even a semi auto, is a much better choice.

Top Bottom