• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
the new m417 is pretty beastly as well.

if the planes stay high in the air dogfighting don't bother shooting at them. The trick is to lead the shots when they make ground runs as they will be slower and therefore easier to hit. another good thing is to support your planes and shoot your own rockets just after the enemy jet has used flares to fend of other rockets.

It is however more important to shoot at the attack helicopter anyway as it is way more deadly for your ground troops.
You can hit anything in the air you can see if you lead enough. Dogfighting experience helps a lot with using ground AA.

Tess3ract

Banned
I tried leading, and aiming but I'm not sure how far ahead I should be leading and where the range of the bullets are.

Also I can't fly planes for shit, I can't get over the inverted controls

Tess3ract

Banned
No i mean it's off, and it needs to be inverted. Up is up down is down left is left right is right. Instead Y is inverted and it confuses me to no end

I'm thinking of getting the CQ DLC. But not sure if it's worth it? The ACW-R and L85A2 Look amazing, it's making me want to get it. Also gun game looks very impressive.

As someone who was against the CQC DLC for being too COD-ish when DICE should have been focusing on delivering true Battlefield sized maps (which are still lacking), it's actually really fun.

The new guns are great, and I'm really enjoying Gun Master (Gun Game). The maps are real fun too, the size and flow of the DLC feels a lot like Killzone to me. I usually still play Rush/CQ on B2K maps, but the DLC is worth the money for the person who just plays to have some fun, IMO. Now, I just hope DICE can focus on Armor Kill and End Game and give us truly Battlefield sized maps, but I am surprisingly happy with CQC being a good diverse alternative. In fact, Gun Master is much better than Gun Game from MW3, IMO.

After some testing, I think the ACW-R is the best carbine; feels like the M4A1 before the last patch. Don't care much for the AUG and the M5K but every other CQC weapon has been awesome so far.

As someone who was against the CQC DLC for being too COD-ish when DICE should have been focusing on delivering true Battlefield sized maps (which are still lacking), it's actually really fun.

The new guns are great, and I'm really enjoying Gun Master (Gun Game). The maps are real fun too, the size and flow of the DLC feels a lot like Killzone to me. I usually still play Rush/CQ on B2K maps, but the DLC is worth the money for the person who just plays to have some fun, IMO. Now, I just hope DICE can focus on Armor Kill and End Game and give us truly Battlefield sized maps, but I am surprisingly happy with CQC being a good diverse alternative. In fact, Gun Master is much better than Gun Game from MW3, IMO.

I agree with you, except for the better Gun Game than MW3. MW3 had a better Gun Game, but its mechanics are terrible. I find myself bored and dread getting gunmaster game mode. I usually win, or place top 3, but its just kinda meh.

I'd heartily recommend CQ to anyone that wants super high fast paced action, with 600+SPM to boot

EOD bot kill successful

Is Co-Op still active BTW? Only weapons I have left to unlock come from those Co-Op missions

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just buy the shortcut kit from the store lol

EDIT 2: Oh Rex, how I've missed you and your ability to wreck people's shit

MrBig

39f5G.jpg

bof

Divius

I've been playing a lot as assault lately. Which weapons do people recommend for assault?
AN94. It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do it is amazing.

------

BF3GAF, what are your top 5 weapons?

oMPTh.png

AN94 - So good. My favorite in BFBC2 and now, pre-patch, also in BF3.
I tend to get the AS VAL when I play support to compliment my attacking playstyle and this is the most like an assault rifle.
I almost exclusively used the L85A2 before the first big patch and it was amazing. Afterwards, not so much.
The M16A3 has been climbing among my top weapons very fast lately, it just so damn reliable in any situation.
The AEK971 was also great pre-patch, now only works well for very close quarters.

So both the AEK and the L85A2 I rarely use since the first big patch, while the AN94 I have only been using since the patch.

Something for premium members...
Play with Dice
PC- June 26 (Tuesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
PS3- June 27 (Wednesday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to June 28 (Thursday) at 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)
360- June 28 (Thursday) at 8:00 AM PDT (11:00 AM EST) to 11:00 AM PDT (2:00 PM EST)

There is some confusion to why the PC and 360 only get 3 hours while the PS3 gets 24. Might just be a typo on DICE's part.
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield/events

KingKong

K I got the grenade kills, now I need mortar

Spent like an hour mortaring on bazaar and only got one of two, really pissing me off

Thrn I need an eod bot kill but that shouldnt bd too bad, just find a sniper or afk guy

KingKong

Hehe got it mortaring an mcom on firestorm, now I just need an EOD bot kill to finish CQ assignments, but theres still premium and some karkand left

Card Boy

Banned
I copied Battlefield 3 from my PC to my bros and it wont start up at all, meaning it won't even open Battlelog. Even manually going to the Battlelog website and trying to play that way won't work. Ctrl+Alt+Del shows it 'running' in the background but it doesn't actually run. I changed Internet browsers and it still doesn't work. I had the game on my 1TB HDD and copied it over to my brothers 2TB HDD. The main OS is running off a 120gig SSD.

Seriously fuck Origin. Someone help me out here, it worked on my other PC.

edit: repairing the game didn't do anything.

kiyomi

Screenshot2012-06-26at131843.png

Can never understand where I got those F2000 kills from, must've been very very early days.

Not many kills in total in that top 5, but I spread the love, closing in on 50 unique stars.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I copied Battlefield 3 from my PC to my bros and it wont start up at all, meaning it won't even open Battlelog. Even manually going to the Battlelog website and trying to play that way won't work. Ctrl+Alt+Del shows it 'running' in the background but it doesn't actually run. I changed Internet browsers and it still doesn't work. I had the game on my 1TB HDD and copied it over to my brothers 2TB HDD. The main OS is running off a 120gig SSD.

Seriously fuck Origin. Someone help me out here, it worked on my other PC.

edit: repairing the game didn't do anything.
I had this issue. Copy the directory somewhere else, uninstall the game, copy it back and then reinstall.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I wish DICE hosted official CQ servers like they did for B2K. Im tired of running into 750 ticket servers, and the info/description dont tell you anything.

The SPAS is great in ANY game. I remember the Black Ops days. Many lives have been taken.

It's such a good weapon with the slug rounds.

Nekrono

Is there an updated way to add Battlefield 3 to steam and get the overlay, etc?

I added Origin.exe renamed it, jumped to Battlelog and when I joined a game I don't get nothing on Steam not even a "Now playing" tag on my nickname.

CatPee

Anyone else getting this really bad occasional and random stutter during play on PC? Only started happening to me today and I've ran into some others who've asked about it too.

Nekrono

Anyone else getting this really bad occasional and random stutter during play on PC? Only started happening to me today and I've ran into some others who've asked about it too.

Yes! I just started playing and noticed some random stutter/choppyness and thought it was my PC but I checked the forums and a lot of people seem to be getting it too, seems to be related to lag...

Also:

a62ec18d156714e1da3ffc638220c7f427ef0c21.PNG

Top Bottom