• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

bf3w5kuf.jpg

the new maps are great for kills =P

WKdBn.jpg

We will march to your home and set up shop right outside! Lets go, boys!

I'm so sad I don't have BF3 premium :( I want it so bad.

When does the CQC pack release for PC (without premium) ?

It's this tuesday, right?

spas 12 w/ holo and slugs is ridiculously good

yes it is

I formated my PC and lost the link to that site where the guy breaks down all the weapons..

dps.. range.. bullet drop.. bullet drop over time..

what was that?

edit: here it is

http://symthic.com/charts.php

it's fucking incredible

they added comparisons with guns.. holy fuck the amount of data that is shown

any true BF3 player should study those charts

look at this shit, son!

http://symthic.com/comparison.php?wep1=L85A2&attc1=Heavy+Barrel&wep2=SG553&attc2=Heavy+Barrel

Just unlocked the SPAS, can't wait to use it; it was a favorite in BC2.

This was a fun round, 49-9: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50563580/2/

Most of those kills were in the C Apartment. Mortars had opened up the "hidden" side of the 3rd floor landing, that is on the other side of that closed door. You could randomly spawn there every so often. We had a full squad up there and it was pretty tricky to kill us. Lot of fun to kill guys who ran into the 2nd floor and didn't know we were above them. I don't normally try and exploit map glitches (is it even one?), but the game chose to randomly spawn me there. I was an hour late into that game and it was a lost cause. Worth the loss, though. One of the most fun rounds I've had.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
QC maps sure are pretty.

bf1r9u2x.png

bf2fi7zy.png

Divius

Double XP weekend was put to good use, ranked up twice in just a few rounds. I have been playing less and less battlefield, but I still enjoy it. Especially with friends.

Double XP weekend was put to good use, ranked up twice in just a few rounds. I have been playing less and less battlefield, but I still enjoy it. Especially with friends.

Not to mention that CQ=points mode. It's all the kills of TDM + points of CQ, compressed into smaller time frames.

D_Star

Neo Member
Didn't have time this weekend to put the double xp weekend to good use, which sucked big time. Oh well, there's bound to be another double xp weekend again soon..

Planning on playing a few rounds before tonight's Euro 2012 matches though. Gotta unlock that Life Saver dogtag, which means I'll have to whip out the F2000 again.

That gun is hit and miss though: sometimes you own _everyone_, sometimes you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it... Im hoping that the heavy barrel will change that somehow.

ezodagrom

Yesterday was my 25th birthday, I received a 25% discount code to use on Origin, I didn't know where to use it, so I ended up getting the Battlefield 3 Premium package.
37.50€ was not too bad for this. :p

Divius

Not to mention that CQ=points mode. It's all the kills of TDM + points of CQ, compressed into smaller time frames.
Except I don't have CQ.

I would love to have the new weapons and the new gamemode (loved gungame in CSS), I just would not play the new maps and don't feel like dropping €50 for new content (which is more than I payed for the game itself).

Tawpgun

1. Scrap Metal

When I first saw this map, I thought the narrow passageways between the two building were a terrible idea, but there are plenty of passageways, even if they are all small. It's fast paced and you have to be constantly moving. There's nowhere to camp. It's beautiful.
2. Operation 925
Love the role destruction plays in this map, the office areas especially make duals interesting. Largest of the maps and the most interesting for gun master, thanks to the widely varying encounter distances.
3. Ziba Tower
Suffers from camping in all the rooms and the upper balcony, but is otherwise a solid map for CQD.
4. Donya Fortress
This doesn't feel like it was designed as a multiplayer map, but as an actual building not meant to be used in a game. I hate it.

This but switch Ziba Tower with Operation 925.

Operation 925 is too random for me. Too big. There's no flow to the map at all.

But everyone can agree Donya Fortress is terrible.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The SPAS is ridiculous.

EatChildren

It's like holding a cannon in your hands. Schuck schuck, BOOM. Dead.

Except I don't have CQ.

I would love to have the new weapons and the new gamemode (loved gungame in CSS), I just would not play the new maps and don't feel like dropping €50 for new content (which is more than I payed for the game itself).

Why would you not play the new maps? I was saying the same thing...until I played them.

Because I also don't play Metro/Seinne etc. I'm also currently broke, but if I had money to spare I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I don't play Metro/Seine either (Metro, when I need to grind out the assignments), but these maps are nothing like them--they actually have good design. Hope you get a chance to try them.

Divius

I don't play Metro/Seine either (Metro, when I need to grind out the assignments), but these maps are nothing like them--they actually have good design. Hope you get a chance to try them.
If I have some money to spare and/or EA puts a nice discount on it I will probably buy it. None of my irl friends who I play with are planning on getting it though, to that kinda sucks.

EatChildren

I'm really enjoying CQ, but if you're the kind of BF3 player who prefers bigger maps and vehicles I don't really think you should bother with it. It's pure infantry, hallways, rooms and courtyards. The map design is much better than other similar small scale maps in vanilla BF3, and conquest domination actually works, but it's still very fast, indoor spammy play.

It's also a clusterfuck nightmare with any more than 24 players.

I'm really enjoying CQ, but if you're the kind of BF3 player who prefers bigger maps and vehicles I don't really think you should bother with it. It's pure infantry, hallways, rooms and courtyards. The map design is much better than other similar small scale maps in vanilla BF3, and conquest domination actually works, but it's still very fast, indoor spammy play.

Yeah, you do have to have an appreciation for the fast-paced gameplay and chaos. But there is a marked difference between "Metro chaos" and "CQ chaos".

And yeah, 24 is the max I try to play with. Some of the larger maps can "work" with 32, but stuff like Scrap Metal is hell with 32.

I just switched my aiming from 'hold' to 'click.' Wow, it makes a world of difference. I've always had problems tracking enemies when moving side to side, and this made a world of difference.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm really enjoying CQ, but if you're the kind of BF3 player who prefers bigger maps and vehicles I don't really think you should bother with it.

...Outside of getting Seks' best shotgun friend forever: The SPAS-12.

Finished that thought for you. You're welcome. <3

Only good thing to come from Close Quarters, otherwise it's complete shit because it doesn't have Pro Mode and even Babby mode is neutered and it's got Call of Duty modes. Blech.

demolitio

I think it's a nice change of pace which is a nice thing to have even if I wanted Armored Kill as the first DLC. It's just different enough to give you another mode to play when you're bored and want to switch it up a bit but appreciate BF3's gunplay and destruction.
It's nothing more than just more options to keep me playing the game rather than playing something else after a few of the normal maps.

It has also surprised a lot of people who hate Metro (I hate it as well) because they assumed it'd be the same crazy bullshit but they underestimated the map design for CQ. The maps took the lessons learned from vanilla BF3 and other games with smaller maps and created something that is hectic and fast paced but well designed to where there's ALWAYS more than one or two ways to an area so there's a lot of flanking to be done. You don't feel like you're being forced into a chokepoint just for the hell of it but you actually have a choice in how you get to one of the flags. In that sense, it will surprise A LOT of people.

And yes, the maps are extremely gorgeous to the point where I almost wish I would join an empty server just to take screenshots. I'm always trying to take some in the middle of the action just because it really does look that amazing, and even more amazing in motion when all the micro-destruction is happening all around you. These are some the most beautiful MP maps I've ever seen in a game and they really show off the lighting better than any other vanilla map.

Add "Demolitio" on Origin or on BattleLog if anyone is looking for a GOOD squadmate that goes for objectives rather than sniping for kills. I play all the maps but most of my friends don't play anymore so I'm tired of being stuck with idiots. I'm also a very good heli pilot (take into account what medication or painkillers I have in me at that time, lol) and don't get many good gunners so it'd be nice to have some reliable teamwork happening in a game. For some reason, I came back from my break of playing this game and my flying magically got like 100x better. I still miss the BF2 choppers though since my friend and I were always top and would support captures more than anything else. :p

I'm excited to play BF3 again! Armored Kill will most likely be the end of me, but it's really shitty to release that pack in the middle of the onslaught later this year. They really could have made more money by releasing that one in summer before all the big games come out.

...Outside of getting Seks' best shotgun friend forever: The SPAS-12.

Finished that thought for you. You're welcome. <3

Only good thing to come from Close Quarters, otherwise it's complete shit because it doesn't have Pro Mode and even Babby mode is neutered and it's got Call of Duty modes. Blech.
DAT SPAS-12

SOGOOD.GIF

Sethos

Banned
Man, the CQ expansion has made me love BF3 again - It's fantastic fun. I still suck but at least you don't get killed by tons of random shit dinging about any more ... At least not so often.

Oh and GIF

ibqVzKRC5f3Wj5.gif

Top Bottom