• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Moaradin

A couple months ago, I told myself I would never buy a close quarter map pack for BF3 because that isn't battlefield. I cracked yesterday, and it turns out I actually really like it lol.

I just discovered the joys of sniping!

After playing about 70 hours total of BF3 I never really went the recon class that much.
But I unlocked the L96 sniper rifle and I've been using it and it's great.
Finally a decent sniper rifle for me to use and give an incentive to play recon.

I've been playing Caspian Border and I get up onto the really high tower and snipe from there. Adjusting for the bullet drop is tricky but when you land a kill from that height its so damn satisfying :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
DICE really has to make it easier to find official DICE servers since there are a bazillion impostors who want everyone playing on their server for some reason, and they're all running custom rules. And there are no official CQ DICE servers which makes no sense. Not sure why every single server is running some modification of the normal game by increasing tickets to astronomical levels. "/

It actually wouldn't be so bad if we could see more information in the info screen of servers. You can't see how many tickets are running on each map, and even if they say it is normal tickets, a lot of the time it's not.

yeah, if only there was a way to know if the server had custom rules.

making the custom server icon an admin option was the most ridiculous idea ever.

<1% of server admins use it.

Donos

divious did you get premium? I'm getting weak and almost bought it yesterday but i'm rather low on money atm.
Didn't play BF3 for almost a month but with premium i would jump back in. Still need a better rig. This notebook is really holding me back :/

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
A couple months ago, I told myself I would never buy a close quarter map pack for BF3 because that isn't battlefield. I cracked yesterday, and it turns out I actually really like it lol.

Well yeah, why wouldn't you? BF3's gunplay is unmatched right now.

Anyway, I think I just experienced the true meaning of "clusterfuck," in the best possible way.

Played my first CQC map, Donya Fortress, with 63 other players, and my god that was insane. Considering all the players, all the destruction, and the visual fidelity of the map (seriously, it looks gorgeous--think Mirror's Edge-style interiors in a BF3 game), it's amazing to me how well it runs.

1000 ticket game, I ended up getting 12,500 points (third overall), with a ton coming from reviving other players (Assault is THE class to play in CQC).

So good.

Tess3ract

Banned
I've just been exclusively playing close quarters, mostly because I never played karkland and going from CQ to B2K i keep getting tired of how huge the damn maps are.

Just when I thought I would be taken a break from the game, there's more Double XP and for an entire week.

Time to level up and get more service stars

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Was gulf of oman a bf map? It's too fuckin big, you have to use vehicles
tRepHl.jpg

MrBig

Whats your opinion on CQ maps?

Ziba > Scrapmetal/Operation 925 > Eating my own shit > Donya

1. Scrap Metal

When I first saw this map, I thought the narrow passageways between the two building were a terrible idea, but there are plenty of passageways, even if they are all small. It's fast paced and you have to be constantly moving. There's nowhere to camp. It's beautiful.
2. Operation 925
Love the role destruction plays in this map, the office areas especially make duals interesting. Largest of the maps and the most interesting for gun master, thanks to the widely varying encounter distances.
3. Ziba Tower
Suffers from camping in all the rooms and the upper balcony, but is otherwise a solid map for CQD.
4. Donya Fortress
This doesn't feel like it was designed as a multiplayer map, but as an actual building not meant to be used in a game. I hate it.

Donya is indeed garbage. I play rarely play CQ though

While playing this game for about 15 minutes, my game freezes and when I Ctrl Alt Del, I see a message that says Battlefield 3 has stopped responding, and then I have to force close the game.

Any fix for this?

Xux

Donya'd be fine if they redid the C section. I always seem to lose on that map 'cause everyone's jumbled on the action on C and we lose the other two.

Four flag Oman is pretty annoying. The whole aircraft carrier as your team's whole base is a really shitty idea. Olive Fort's a bad starting flag, too. If they gave the US side a base on the shore and made it CDFG instead of BCEF, it'd be fine.

Tess3ract

Banned
It really is too big, There's the airliner, all that water, all that travel between major building complexes

Meh I just really don't like vehicles in bf

Umm could someone confirm if I got this right? I have been out of the BF3 loop for a while and haven't even notice BF3 premium and the second expansion is out already. If I care only for the maps, don't mind waiting two weeks upon new releases and don't care about anything else, I wouldn't miss out anything else if I only buy the map-pack and not premium, right?

Umm could someone confirm if I got this right? I have been out of the BF3 loop for a while and haven't even notice BF3 premium and the second expansion is out already. If I care only for the maps, don't mind waiting two weeks upon new releases and don't care about anything else, I wouldn't miss out anything else if I only buy the map-pack and not premium, right?

you won't miss any maps or guns. you will miss soldier and gun camo, some xp events, guides, videos and other stuff that doesn't matter much. and you'll miss some double xp events.

you won't miss any maps or guns. you will miss soldier and gun camo, some xp events, guides, videos and other stuff that doesn't matter much. and you'll miss some double xp events.

Ah alright thanks for the heads-up, there are some games where I care about these details but coming from BF2 and 2142 I don't need them at all in BF3. I will just go buy the map-pack then :)

Oman feels a bit weird in BF3, I think I enjoyed it more in BF2.

Karkand is way more fun in BF3 due to the fact that most people only have 1 grenade as opposed to 3 or 4 in BF2.

Top Bottom