• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
CQC maps + 64 players + Double XP = ranking up like mad

Goddamn, I love these maps. They're so fun for the assault class. Running around healing people, shooting enemies, laying medkits near cap points--you're always doing something and it never gets boring.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Joined a server. ~490 versus 12 tickets. God I hate this game sometimes.

Joined a server. ~490 versus 12 tickets. God I hate this game sometimes.

Stop whining and do something about it!

:p

Seriously though, I just did an awesome round like that. Just joined a server where our team was getting humiliated, I started capturing, going from checkpoint to checkpoint, and I managed to reduce the difference to a measly 42 points. We still lost, but damn I did good.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/36655114/1/173566118/

Almost 10000 points difference between me and the guy on the same team below. Also, MVP #1 despite being on the losing team.

Can't you check the ticket count before joining the server?
You can on PC. Not sure about consoles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm too shit to be that good.

Can't you check the ticket count before joining the server?

You can, but for whatever reason my Battlelog has been giving incorrect match data for a couple of weeks or so now. The last match I joined, for example, advertised as a Caspian Border match about 1/3rd of the way through. Turned out to be Firestorm, just as it ended.

I have to mentally subtract ~150+ tickets every time I join.

I'm too shit to be that good.

You can, but for whatever reason my Battlelog has been giving incorrect match data for a couple of weeks or so now. The last match I joined, for example, advertised as a Caspian Border match about 1/3rd of the way through. Turned out to be Firestorm, just as it ended.

I have to mentally subtract ~150+ tickets every time I join.

I think that's normal, not just you. Server stats on battlelog probably update like every 15 minutes or so.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, I did it. I achieved a 400 SPM. Looks like I was right to bail on Spl1nter and Noura for my other pals, because the next map I hopped into from there was the one that got me here.

I'm still shocked I did that well. I was playing through the match pretty lazily. Everyone else must've sucked I guess...

Hellcrow

Well, I did it. I achieved a 400 SPM. Looks like I was right to bail on Spl1nter and Noura for my other pals, because the next map I hopped into from there was the one that got me here.

I'm still shocked I did that well. I was playing through the match pretty lazily. Everyone else must've sucked I guess...

Just so you know, double xp boosts your spm as well as far as I know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Double EXP screws with stats so hard, esp. the SPM stat.

Stats really mean nothing anymore. And frankly, I really wonder why DICE even has them on Battlelog. They could take the KDR stat out and the community would probably nosedive from CoD kiddies leaving but be better off for it.

So bitter about people not PTFOing

Spazo

Premium only or for everybody?

July Double XP event
What: Double your net score after every round
Who: All players
When: July 2-8 for Premium members, July 2-4 for non-Premium members
Starts: 00:01 PDT/07:01 UTC July 2 (click link for handy time conversion tool)
Ends for non-Premium members: 13:00 PDT/20:00 UTC July 4
Ends for Premium members: 23:59 PDT July 8/06:59 UTC July 9

Tess3ract

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks we should have these changes:

1. wider doors. always fun getting caught on stupid fucks running into the door at the same time
2. grace period on resurrections, like 3-5 seconds. Oh yes I love my death count increasing because a stupid teammate wanted to res me in the line of fire. SEVERAL TIMES. Or a button to accept a res at least.

Spl1nter

Am I the only one who thinks we should have these changes:

1. wider doors. always fun getting caught on stupid fucks running into the door at the same time
2. grace period on resurrections, like 3-5 seconds. Oh yes I love my death count increasing because a stupid teammate wanted to res me in the line of fire. SEVERAL TIMES. Or a button to accept a res at least.

That is how it exists right now. Space accepts a res, E declines a res.

CatPee

Right, but I'm talking about they res you and you dont even have time to press space or e or anything because you get murdered

The death isn't added to your total death count until:
1. The revive timer runs out
2. You get killed right after a revive and can't be brought back again.

Xux

Damn, the grind for Reactive Armor made me realize how awesome the two week early access for Armored Kill's gonna be.

Alucrid

Banned
So I posted this in the other thread but haven't got a response. Anyone else encountering bad lag where it's like you're stuck running on an invisible object? I never had any problems a month or so ago.

Tess3ract

Banned
So I posted this in the other thread but haven't got a response. Anyone else encountering bad lag where it's like you're stuck running on an invisible object? I never had any problems a month or so ago.
Yes oh my god.

Sometimes I just think it's mad lag because I connect to russian servers (they're the only ones doing 64 person cq with lots of tickets apparently), but other times I swear I get caught on something or a teammate and they're not near me and it gets me killed.

Alucrid

Banned
Yes oh my god.

Sometimes I just think it's mad lag because I connect to russian servers (they're the only ones doing 64 person cq with lots of tickets apparently), but other times I swear I get caught on something or a teammate and they're not near me and it gets me killed.

Good to know it's not just me. It's been infuriating trying to play while having that happen every minute or so.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

Oh yeah, I know, but I would have gotten there eventually anyway. It's been going up steadily since I upgraded my machine in February. I'm a manly man who doesn't reset stats and I've been working up from 259spm since Col. 5/rank 50 or so. 400 was a long time coming, and I'm still a good ways away from a 1.0 k/d. I PTFO, so it's even slower going with uncooperative pubs.

Really bad consistent lag is usually from not having an up to date version of punkbuster. You may have to update it manually. Welcome to the biggest piece of shit anti-cheat system 8 years running. Most problems you will run into with BF3 can be traced back to punkbuster.

Tess3ract

Banned
Really bad consistent lag is usually from not having an up to date version of punkbuster. You may have to update it manually. Welcome to the biggest piece of shit anti-cheat system 8 years running. Most problems you will run into with BF3 can be traced back to punkbuster.
Making sure I had an updated punkbuster was the first thing I did before launching the game.

I had to do this on a shitton of computers at PAX East as an enforcer. It's not because of that (for me)

There are spots on certain maps that are laggy in every circumstance. On Seine Crossing, on the road that connects A to C and the Russian Spawn, the corner of the building there is like quicksand. I even refer to it as "The Slowdown" during games, in case anyone ever wonders what the hell I'm talking about. Left and Right Apartments, the Slowdown, Left and Right Bakeries, the Candy Shop, the Flower Shop, etc.

Dries

Fuck, I need to win 5 rounds of SQDM to earn the L85A2, but right now that seems impossible :( Every time I'm in the suckiest team or I get shot in the back 75% of the time. Any tips?

Fuck, I need to win 5 rounds of SQDM to earn the L85A2, but right now that seems impossible :( Every time I'm in the suckiest team or I get shot in the back 75% of the time. Any tips?

I just gave up. I have needed to win 2 more rounds of SQDM for months now and I just never get around to doing it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tried to do the SQDM challenge with some friends but we couldn't even get on the same squad consistently and it was frustrating as hell.

-Amon-

They should do something about the m417 really.

Used like an assault rifle on small / medium sized maps it's simply too much.

Even like a shotgun lol.

Laser sight + Red dot it's just too much.

I can't understand how certain things just slip under their nose.

Sethos

Banned
Whoa the profile I linked is actually deleted, nice - Kudos DICE.

By the way, is the spawn system in CQ the classical elephant in the room? That has to be the worst designed spawn system I've ever dealt with in a game, yet I rarely see people comment on it anywhere? Thing plonks you down behind enemies, you spawn where you JUST died and the guy that killed you is still there, it'll spawn a barrage of enemies in the same place for you to mow down, it will spawn people you just killed RIGHT on top of you. The system has no area detection saying "Oh there's an enemy, let me spawn you here instead", no buffer on spawning you in the same area, it just sets you down randomly. Sure you can spawn on squads mates ... Sometimes but that's usually just as deadly or possibly even worse.

I just set a new record last night, 12 deaths in a row due to the spawn system by being set down in situations where I was insta-killed.

What is up with Engineers reviving? I've seen this a few times. I take down Assault first and sometimes a second guy and then an Engineer kills me and on Death Cam I see him reviving the guys I killed? Cheats or do the skins not always match?

KingKong

yeah I'm not looking forward to that one

on the plus side, I just need an EOD bot kill to close out CQ assignments and I'm pretty close to getting the Premium assignments done and about half way through the Karkand ones

What is up with Engineers reviving? I've seen this a few times. I take down Assault first and sometimes a second guy and then an Engineer kills me and on Death Cam I see him reviving the guys I killed? Cheats or do the skins not always match?

If you pickup someone elses kit the skin doesn't change.

By the way, is the spawn system in CQ the classical elephant in the room? That has to be the worst designed spawn system I've ever dealt with in a game, yet I rarely see people comment on it anywhere? Thing plonks you down behind enemies, you spawn where you JUST died and the guy that killed you is still there, it'll spawn a barrage of enemies in the same place for you to mow down, it will spawn people you just killed RIGHT on top of you. The system has no area detection saying "Oh there's an enemy, let me spawn you here instead", no buffer on spawning you in the same area, it just sets you down randomly. Sure you can spawn on squads mates ... Sometimes but that's usually just as deadly or possibly even worse.

I just set a new record last night, 12 deaths in a row due to the spawn system by being set down in situations where I was insta-killed.

The other night I got killed and when I respawned it put me right in front of the same guy (I was facing the other way) and he immediately took my tags. They changed the spawn at C on Seine Crossing so that when you lose the flag the enemy can spawn in the apartment, but you can camp the spawn site and kill them as they respawn. It's ridiculous to get spawned into someone's sight line.

Yeah, the guy picked up the defib kit before the killcam showed what he was doing. Sometimes I hate that as I'm now stuck with an unfamiliar kit. Why the hell was the guy carrying mortars in an indoor map?! Agh, the gun has iron sights!

KingKong

One great thing about assignments is that it's gotten me to play other classes. I was mainly engy and assault, but Support (huge fuckoff guns, tons of suppression and ammo assists, had a round where I got something like 19 badges and it couldnt even show all of them) and Recon (fun tools like the radio beacon and the spotting thing and you can totally run around and noscope people with sniper rifle) are really cool

Sethos

Banned
For the people that want the Squad DM assignment, just filter SQDM servers with a few players and join it. Either join the winning team, as there's not enough players to occupy a full team or people tend to spread out, if you join the losing team just switch at the last moment.

I just got 4 / 5 in 5 games. I know it's cheap but some of these assignments are just annoying, so I'll get 'em done whatever way possible.

Can already tell the EOD Bot kill is going to give me sleepless nights ...

Information on Matches feature that's coming (no release date given):

We’re taking the next step in advancing online competitive play in the Battlefield 3 community. The “Matches” feature will allow players to coordinate competitive multiplayer sessions with their friends and squad members. Battlefield 3 players will be able to select the time, server, game settings, and roster for their Matches creating a controlled and definitive environment for competitive play.

Players will be able to coordinate Matches for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 through the Battlelog. To coordinate a Match a player must be actively renting a dedicated server. Once a dedicated server has been selected the Match host can set the Match name, start time, game mode, team size, and map rotations.

After these preliminary decisions have been made, game settings are determined for the Match. Matches are completely customizable; an extensive list of settings including friendly fire, 3D spotting, squad-leader spawning, kill cam, health regeneration, a list of weapon unlocks that will be made available to players, and more can be set to exact specifications.

With the Match settings in place, players then select the rosters for their teams from their list of friends and platoon members. A team leader for the rival team is assigned who in turn also chooses a roster for the opposing team. With the teams set, the Match is scheduled for creation and players can begin taking their places.

Before the Match begins players may engage in a Warm-up Phase where no kills or points are counted. The Match will stay in this state until all participating players have signaled that they are ready from the pause menu.

After the Match is completed players can review the results on Battlelog. Players can see the number of rounds played, what maps were used, the team that won each round, and other relevant information.

With Matches, Battlefield 3 players will be able to create, control, and track directly competitive online play. Platoons, friends, and rivals will be able to put their teamwork to the test in controlled environments laying claim to definitive superiority and creating new grudges.

Stay tuned for more details including a release date for Matches!

Whoa the profile I linked is actually deleted, nice - Kudos DICE.

how many people were in that game?

i mean, i've had situations like that on occasion, but never even twice in a row.

dmann

Picked this and premium up recently. And I must say that damn I am terrible.

CQC with 64 players is utter chaos.

Also, how do you guys get good at this game? Help a noob out.

If you pickup someone elses kit the skin doesn't change.

not totally related, but i still remember this one day when i was playing BC2 on 360. i joined a game with my friends, but was on the opposite team and the game was full. it was the 2nd set of M-COMs on Isla Inocentes Rush, and i was on the attacking team. so, i went with my squad of randoms and armed B, then got an invite from a friend because there was now a spot on the other team. so i went to accept the invite, and while i was in the guide, i got killed. i accepted the invite and was switched to the other team, AND THEN GOT REVIVED!!! so i was in a US soldier player model while fighting on the Russian team! we were all talking about it in party chat, it was one of the funniest things we ever saw. then i died a few minutes later, fun over :(

Top Bottom