• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Mazdarati

Neo Member
P90 cuts through shit. That large clip and the excellent hip-fire makes it a real beast in CQC.

Agreed. The P90, MP7, and the PDW will tear people up with a laser attachment in close quarters.
The PP-19 needs a suppressor and laser sight.
Because of it's slow ROF, the UMP-45 took some time for me to adjust from the other pdw's.
I haven't had much luck winning many 1v1 engagements with the PP-2000.

Out of all the pdw's, I prefer the MP7.

Effect

I think I'm reaching my limit with the game. Just not that fun anymore. From matches where people don't properly play the objective (mode is Rush not sit on your ass and be horrible at sniping), hitting people directly with rockets (no matter the distance) and them not dying, to just being tired of the same maps again and again. Bored now. I will say there is one major thing I do miss from CoD. Matches not starting until everyone was loaded. Been in to many matches this week where when I and others finally spawn the first MCOM is already destroyed or about to be because a few others had the field to themselves.

I think I've played this long already (Battlelog says I have 126 hours logged) because this is one of the few action games I can just jump in and play for a little bit when I get home from work or before go to sleep. It being on my PC makes it even more convenient. Maybe it's time I try something else for a while.

Agreed. The P90, MP7, and the PDW will tear people up with a laser attachment in close quarters.
The PP-19 needs a suppressor and laser sight.
Because of it's slow ROF, the UMP-45 took some time for me to adjust from the other pdw's.
I haven't had much luck winning many 1v1 engagements with the PP-2000.

Out of all the pdw's, I prefer the MP7.

I feel the MP7 is more potent, but even with extended mags it packs less than the P90. Plus, I love the bullpup design.

I think I'm reaching my limit with the game. Just not that fun anymore. From matches where people don't properly play the objective (mode is Rush not sit on your ass and be horrible at sniping), hitting people directly with rockets (no matter the distance) and them not dying, to just being tired of the same maps again and again. Bored now. I will say there is one major thing I do miss from CoD. Matches not starting until everyone was loaded. Been in to many matches this week where when I and others finally spawn the first MCOM is already destroyed or about to be because a few others had the field to themselves.

I think I've played this long already (Battlelog says I have 126 hours logged) because this is one of the few action games I can just jump in and play for a little bit when I get home from work or before go to sleep. It being on my PC makes it even more convenient. Maybe it's time I try something else for a while.

Find a quality server that adds a little waiting time to the start of rounds and you should be good. If I'm not mistaken, MW3 on PC doesn't wait for everyone to load, it's just that most people will load those maps in time as they are considerably smaller and less detailed.

TheJerit

BF3 PC amigos, I need your help.

So... apparently on the 4th of July my account was hacked and the email on the account was changed to some russian email. Trying to sort things out with Customer Service, but you know how that can be....

I know on my friends list i had Anton Sugar, Spl1nter, Jeffpm, and many more. I was also a part of the NeoGaf platoon. However, now that this scum has taken over my account, I am unable to pull up any of that info via battlelog now.

I have my original purchase emails, the email that showed that the account had been changed, etc and I'm just trying to get as much evidence as needed in order to get my account back (i want my BF3 and Premium dammit), so I was hoping some of these people that I had played with in the past could check their friends list and notice any odd name that they don't remember adding. Perhaps if we could list them and check that against the platoon list, we might find the culprit. Of course this is assuming that that they haven't removed themselves from the lists yet, but its worth a shot.

I was originally TheJerit on Battlelog/BF3

fuckin' hackers....

TheJerit

BF3 PC amigos, I need your help.

So... apparently on the 4th of July my account was hacked and the email on the account was changed to some russian email. Trying to sort things out with Customer Service, but you know how that can be....

I know on my friends list i had Anton Sugar, Spl1nter, Jeffpm, and many more. I was also a part of the NeoGaf platoon. However, now that this scum has taken over my account, I am unable to pull up any of that info via battlelog now.

I have my original purchase emails, the email that showed that the account had been changed, etc and I'm just trying to get as much evidence as needed in order to get my account back (i want my BF3 and Premium dammit), so I was hoping some of these people that I had played with in the past could check their friends list and notice any odd name that they don't remember adding. Perhaps if we could list them and check that against the platoon list, we might find the culprit. Of course this is assuming that that they haven't removed themselves from the lists yet, but its worth a shot.

I was originally TheJerit on Battlelog/BF3

fuckin' hackers....

Good news;

finally got ahold of someone on customer support via the phone (the way to go imo) and they verified the shenanigans going on and got the stuff changed by to my email address and account. ugh what a pain in the ass.....

shit is still messed up though and now I'm trying to get it all sorted out. The douche's name was Faster_Bullet and so now I'm trying to get all of that changed back to my original stuff.

Why won't Origin let me purchase Close Quarters? I enter all the information, hit 'buy', and all it does is sit there like some dumb shit.

Please tell me this is all a conspiracy to make people buy Premium.

Arment

Thanx, bro. Finally got my 5 rounds of SQDM won. Never. Never will I play that mode again.

Actually, it's not a bad mode at all, it's just hard to win it

So what I get from this, is that every weapon does the same amount of damage, except for the G3, which is far superiour?

The M16A3 is the best gun overall. I snipe distance with it all the time, with bursts. It's the all around gun. Great for every situation. I find the recoil easy to manage. The L85A2 is a good runner up and with it you would be getting better recoil and spread but worse rate of fire so your up close game would suffer. Remember, I'm talking all around and I firmly believe the M16A3 has the best all around stats.

For long and short range specific guns:

The G3A3 is really nice for long range and I'll use it when I know most of my encounters will be at significant range. 21 bullets and a low rate of fire will find you wanting on the short range encounters, but with enough skill and luck you can pull those off with your pistol.

The F2000 is my go to gun when I know I'll be in a lot of tight quarters situations. The spread on long range is pretty bad. Medium range is about the best you'll be able to do with any measure of success.

Don't use the grip on any of them. It's fairly awful now. Heavy barrel, underslung rail and your choice of red dot seems to be the best setup. G18 suppressed is my favorite pistol.

KingKong

yesss got the 'destroy vehicle with blow torch' part of the assignment.

ive been trying for 2-3 games (get a couple of disables and then get killed), i see a tank parked at the entrance to the spawn in nashtoor canals rush, get prone in front of the tank and start welding, it literally blows up right as the round ends

What's with the number of aimbot/script kiddie garbage the past few days? Now I can't even report them as it simply states "unable to send report".

New one for me--insta kills with the RPG. Check out the snapshot:

http://imgur.com/ihHNq

Upper right. That's a whole lot of killing guys all over the map in the span of...1 second. And I was in a tank (now empty and unharmed).

Check his score. 1190/minute. Really DICE? That doesn't raise a flag to you?

Do they ever actually DO something about these clowns, or are we supposed to do all this work just for shits and giggles?

Arment

This happened in a server I was in last night. He was even sniping people out of tanks and lmvs. Couldn't get 21 yes votes to ban him. Other team wasn't voting period. They were down 300 tickets and didn't want to lose. Shameless.

This happened in a server I was in last night. He was even sniping people out of tanks and lmvs. Couldn't get 21 yes votes to ban him. Other team wasn't voting period. They were down 300 tickets and didn't want to lose. Shameless.

You need 21? Wow--good luck. Like you said, there will always be enough selfish people on the other side who won't vote...

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Weapon camo for each individual weapons

Assault:
100 kill with F2000
50 squad revive
25 M26 Mass kill

Engineer:
100 kill with SCAR-H
20 M15 AT mines kill on vehicles
Destroy 5 air vehicle with AT launcher

Support:
100 kill with PKP pecheneg
Destroy 25 vehicles with C4
25 claymore kill

Recon:
100 kill with L96
50 MAV spot assist
350m headshot with L96

Last assignment for soldier camo:

500 kill on all kits/classes - Assault/engineer/support/recon

Mazdarati

Neo Member
What's with the number of aimbot/script kiddie garbage the past few days? Now I can't even report them as it simply states "unable to send report".

New one for me--insta kills with the RPG. Check out the snapshot:

http://imgur.com/ihHNq

Upper right. That's a whole lot of killing guys all over the map in the span of...1 second. And I was in a tank (now empty and unharmed).

Check his score. 1190/minute. Really DICE? That doesn't raise a flag to you?

Do they ever actually DO something about these clowns, or are we supposed to do all this work just for shits and giggles?

Yes they do. His stats have been reset.

Facism

Yes they do. His stats have been reset.

Does that imply a permanent ban of his account? Anything less is somebody being paid not to do their job properly.

edit: nope. He's still able to play. 42 kills in 1:50 minutes of playtime. If they're going to let cheaters continue to play, why bother with punkbuster (yes i know it doesn't work)/

Veezy

que?
How do you find a game that doesn't have 600+ tickets per side? I'd really like to complete a game, but I just can't find the time to sit down for that long. Also, if you bail on a game early, do you still keep your stats for that round?

BTW, my name is VeezyF on Origin if anybody wants free kills. I'm fucking terrible.

Effect

I feel the MP7 is more potent, but even with extended mags it packs less than the P90. Plus, I love the bullpup design.

Find a quality server that adds a little waiting time to the start of rounds and you should be good. If I'm not mistaken, MW3 on PC doesn't wait for everyone to load, it's just that most people will load those maps in time as they are considerably smaller and less detailed.

Spent some time yesterday trying to find different ones. Do wish you could blacklist a server if you've had issues with it. I forget a lot of times until I'm in a server then I remember the problems I had with it. Being able to only favorite is a little limiting.

Spent some time yesterday trying to find different ones. Do wish you could blacklist a server if you've had issues with it. I forget a lot of times until I'm in a server then I remember the problems I had with it. Being able to only favorite is a little limiting.

Install betterbattlelog and you can flag people and servers. It will warn you when joining a blacklisted server.

Install betterbattlelog and you can flag people and servers. It will warn you when joining a blacklisted server.

This has the potential to be so awesome. Thank you for the link!!

Does anyone have a pre-compiled list of cheater IDs? I know they say every list is your own, but I'm OK with benefitting from someone else's misery.

The aforementioned asswipe you had his stats reset (but not banned? come on!) is:

180154763 (iCryout)

Does that imply a permanent ban of his account? Anything less is somebody being paid not to do their job properly.

edit: nope. He's still able to play. 42 kills in 1:50 minutes of playtime. If they're going to let cheaters continue to play, why bother with punkbuster (yes i know it doesn't work)/

Why no ban? What in gods name do you have to do to be banned? Kidnap a DICE employee's kid?

Just ban the punk! He's proven he can't play with others! Let him shell out for another Russian key and start over. Hell, that's what he was telling everyone he'd do anyway...

Why no ban? What in gods name do you have to do to be banned? Kidnap a DICE employee's kid?

Just ban the punk! He's proven he can't play with others! Let him shell out for another Russian key and start over. Hell, that's what he was telling everyone he'd do anyway...

it's funny that cheating in the game just gets stats reset, but getting banned on the forums for something totally unrelated to playing the game means getting banned in the game.

wait, no, that's not funny at all.

Facism

it's funny that cheating in the game just gets stats reset, but getting banned on the forums for something totally unrelated to playing the game means getting banned in the game.

wait, no, that's not funny at all.

Maybe it's because the guy is a premium member? He paid his protection money to the DICE mafia.

Tess3ract

Banned
the M249 is retarded in close quarters.

Some people say like "oh you want lots of kills? play with lots of people and use a shotgun"

No, it's use PDW or full auto guns and just unload into people lol

Usually i have a .5 ratio, but whenever I roll support w/ suppression i burn through people with that gun like no one's business

LMGs are a blast! Squeeze off a quick hipshot on the run and I often get a pure-luck headshot. Lay down at a chokepoint and enemies will run at your hail of gunfire. I don't understand it. When I get suppressed by bullets, I throw myself flat and crawl behind cover, then run to a less-protected flag. I'm top 7% with the Pecheneg with 703 kills, and I haven't really used that gun in weeks. It's a beast, why aren't more people using it? (I guess we'll see more of them because of the new assignments.)

Xux

LMGs are a blast! Squeeze off a quick hipshot on the run and I often get a pure-luck headshot. Lay down at a chokepoint and enemies will run at your hail of gunfire. I don't understand it. When I get suppressed by bullets, I throw myself flat and crawl behind cover, then run to a less-protected flag. I'm top 7% with the Pecheneg with 703 kills, and I haven't really used that gun in weeks. It's a beast, why aren't more people using it? (I guess we'll see more of them because of the new assignments.)
It's pretty baffling how many Support players seem to avoid LMGs. I don't know if they've all Service Star'd all of them and have moved on to PDWs or they're leftovers from the part of the COD/FPS community that thinks they're overpowered or underpowered and think that translates to this game.

Hellcrow

Going for assignements, and I honestly suck with sniper rifles. Any tips with the L95? Tryed going around with iron site, but it rarely one-shots. Should I play hardcore or waste time being useless sniping?

Going for assignements, and I honestly suck with sniper rifles. Any tips with the L95? Tryed going around with iron site, but it rarely one-shots. Should I play hardcore or waste time being useless sniping?

I would say, when you get a game to where your team can win the game without you easily, then go ahead and play the role of useless sniper. Other than that, I wouldn't even waste your time.

After enough time with PPWs and assault rifles, constantly worrying about shooting more than ~25 times, going to a LMG might as well be a gatling gun. You can mow down six people and still have 150 rounds left. Ridiculous.

Sethos

Banned
The one that allows you to hipfire with ADS accuracy for a few shots. For the large LMGs, it's more accurate than ADS over a long burst, and that combined with their damage makes it super deadly. :\

Oh great. Something like that would explain a dodgy ass guy I was playing against tonight who basically sniped with his M60. It was driving me up the wall :/

The one that allows you to hipfire with ADS accuracy for a few shots. For the large LMGs, it's more accurate than ADS over a long burst, and that combined with their damage makes it super deadly. :\

I guess I mentioned something like this in my post above.

Squeeze off a quick hipshot on the run and I often get a pure-luck headshot.

I didn't realize it was a bug, just figured it was one of those crazy, lucky rolls of the dice. Yeah, a quick burst from the hip and I'd often get a headshot.

Top Bottom