• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
just see this on top of my Battlelog

"NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES, WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME"

I love how this message screws up the page layout. DICE can't even make a god damn webpage work. But I love 'em....

Bombless

For those who unlocked the Remote Mortar, how is the mortar range calculated? From where you point? Does it fire all over the map?

Also I had the most annoying thing happen on 32 players Zavod311 (or whatever the name is). One guy would grab the LRML and drive it all the way back to his spawn then proceed to spam the entire map all the time. The only way I managed to stop him (because no one else wasnt even bothering to fucking try) was to blow it up with the transport heli miniguns (it counts as transport vehicle so paper armour).

Then he'd just grab another heli and use it to paradrop over the truck and take it again. Really stupid thing. He sucked with it (kept spamming instead of staggered firing so his missiles missed most of the time) but it was still difficult to do anything outside the buildings...though granted having FIVE fucking recons on the building roofs "sniping" people wasn't helping much already.

HelloMeow

I don't like it either, but trapping and containing the enemy team at spawn is a far more efficient tactic than fighting them all over the map for flags. You cant really blame people for playing that way, but you can blame DICE for not giving teams any means of deterring the enemy team from playing that way by not giving them any means to push them out of their base.

I wonder why those people are really playing this game. It's not about getting efficient wins.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
After two days I finally managed to play a game from start to end :lol Zavod is easily the best map.

Bookoo

What, which gamemode. I found Zavod the worst so far.

It is pretty fun on conquest large and Obliteration. Rush is alright, but not a fan of it for TDM or Domination.

So far most of the maps seem to be phoned in for Domination. Like they just cut out a section of the maps and pasted that mode on.

emblem.jpg

Gotten a couple compliments on my emblem already, I think it turned out OK!

DTKT

Do I really have to push my way through the singleplayer in order to use certain guns in MP? Or is that silly unlock mini-game only tied to the Singleplayer?

Low quality Second Assault teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5J_iEmQyik

So looks like:

Caspian: Tower is on hilltop, can fall; barriers can be raised at border; chain link fence replaced by concrete wall
Oman: Sandstorm
Firestorm: Large gas tower can explode?
Metro: Collapsible ceiling, elevators, lights can be shot out, and maybe a gas line levolution event?

HariKari

From DICE:

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES, WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME

Probably won't do anything for client side crashes. They did this same shit in Battlefield 3. They pushed out a random update but didn't force any of the servers to restart, so some were total garbage (falling through the map) while others were stable. DICE needs to stop being so sensibly Swedish and just hit the killswitch for half an hour or whatever it takes until all the servers are forced to restart.

UrgentPS

Neo Member
Really getting my ass kicked. Feels bad, as I was rocking a steady 2.0 k/d with BF3. Also feels more like CoD than BF, from the maps that I played anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thats not even possible. Every gun gives you a sight after the first 10 kills except for pistols and shotguns.

I'll have to double-check, but I could swear the AK gave me canted ironsights with no sight before that.

Mastamind

Does xbox have the digital to digital $10 upgrade for this? And will i still get the preorder bonus (map right?) if i get the digital version now?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm fucking done with this game until they fix those damn crashes.

Lost again so many points, got a shitload of ribbons for nothing. Fuck that.

So I hear everywhere that the singleplayer for this game is not very good. However, if I enjoyed Battlefield 3 singleplayer, will I like the singleplayer in Battlefield 4?

I know that people also did not like the singleplayer in Battlefield 3, but as someone who did, do you guys think I will also enjoyed Battlefield 4 singleplayer or is it just plain awful?

I'm fucking done with this game until they fix those damn crashes.

Lost again so many points, got a shitload of ribbons for nothing. Fuck that.

Are these crashes at the end of the round or random? Maybe you should just stick to shorter game modes until its resolved.

Totally random.

Bummer. Try to enjoy CQ DM and TDM for now :D

On a somewhat related note, I'm sad that Scavenger mode didn't make it. I was surprised that I really enjoyed that mode, forced me to play with new weapons. Think I got my only compliment ever from Spl1nter when I quick-scoped a dude with the M98B. My heart warmed.

G.Newell

Gotta say now that ive unlocked everything for the anti air vehicle, clearing the sky is pretty easy with those active radar missiles.

Am I crazy but why does the MP graphics in this game look worse than BF3 or even BC2 for current gen consoles?

Is my eyes just spoiled now and current gen consoles are just showing its age?

Gotta say now that ive unlocked everything for the anti air vehicle, clearing the sky is pretty easy with those active radar missiles.

Yeah, Active Radar missiles are pretty great. I think it takes the pilots by surprise.

You know what else is great? Impact grenades. Perfect for finishing off a guy that just took cover.

Leb

So I hear everywhere that the singleplayer for this game is not very good. However, if I enjoyed Battlefield 3 singleplayer, will I like the singleplayer in Battlefield 4?

I know that people also did not like the singleplayer in Battlefield 3, but as someone who did, do you guys think I will also enjoyed Battlefield 4 singleplayer or is it just plain awful?

BF4 SP is a vast improvement over BF3. That said, it's still pretty poor as SP campaigns go, as the encounter design largely consists of mowing down hordes of idiot soldiers and the writing and characterization of your companions is surprisingly awkward (see: Irish). At the very least, it's 100% worth playing through for the visuals and also the M249.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom