• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

REV 09

the Multiplayer keeps freezing / hardcrashing my pc. I noticed this in the beta after updating to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7. i tried downclocking my cpu and running the game at lower settings but that did nothing to stop the freezing. Anyone else experience this?

So the following are coming back:

Assault: L85A2, F2000
Support: RPK-74M
???: AS VAL (Engineer, since it's an SMG?)

9e62beb27a653b143e40feb2e4a990a7.png

Gulf of Oman has a sandstorm:

Well the sneak peak before showed them exploding so yeah they're gonna play a part. I imagine a pipeline will drop onto the ground blocking access to some areas with vehicles because most levolution events so far are based around infantry blocking vehicle access or blowing them up

Ah, I missed that sneak peak, thanks.

Caspian Border levolution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj0qO0O8UYk

NIN90

Tried to move the game to my new SSD.
Origin kinda deleted my installation and now I have to download the whole game. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
the Multiplayer keeps freezing / hardcrashing my pc. I noticed this in the beta after updating to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7. i tried downclocking my cpu and running the game at lower settings but that did nothing to stop the freezing. Anyone else experience this?

Just about everyone :)

Hopefully DICE will release a patch soon.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
That wall is a bigger change than I was expecting. Granted, all I was expecting was Caspian as is with a new coat of paint and some kind of antenna levolution. But that wall will impact the flow of the map a bit. Hopefully for the better, but eh. Battlefield map design is always at its worst when it's dicking about with bottlenecks, and now Caspian has two (pre-levolution). Looking forward to trying it for myself.

Will be interesting to see what they do to Firestorm, given that was my favourite Battlefield 3 map.
People love meat grinders. Even the original Karkand was basically Bottleneck: The Map.

nbthedude

Ok, I give up. I am at the end of the first mission and the dude yells "Burn those mother fuckers" and hads me some kind of gun while driving to shoot the helicopter. And die and I die and I die. I have tried this part at least ten times now.

The gun he gives me has a crosshair that looks like a backwards "F" so I have no idea how to aim the goddamn thing. I don't play dudebros very often so I don't know what this gun is or how I aim it. Help?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've got a question in regards to the free China Rising DLC-

I want to buy this digitally for my PS4 when I get it.

Is there any way to get the free China Rising by pre-ordering it? Or is the free DLC only for retail purchases? Is the free China Rising even available for PS4 SKU pre-purchases?

I finally unlocked all the gadgets for the Support class. Kind of underwhelming that C4 is the final unlock. Oh well.

Now it's Recon's turn.

n0n44m

Ok, I give up. I am at the end of the first mission and the dude yells "Burn those mother fuckers" and hads me some kind of gun while driving to shoot the helicopter. And die and I die and I die. I have tried this part at least ten times now.

The gun he gives me has a crosshair that looks like a backwards "F" so I have no idea how to aim the goddamn thing. I don't play dudebros very often so I don't know what this gun is or how I aim it. Help?

it's a grenade launcher

it shoots grenades in an arc, so aim a bit above and in front of where the heli is flying

Twinduct

Uuuuugh.
6 matches tonight.
crashed out of 3 and 2 server fucksups.
1 match I actually got to my name.

Also fuck joining any 64 player map, rubberbanding like a damn tractor.

Sorry but in no way was BF3 worse than this.

n0n44m

just see this on top of my Battlelog

"NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES, WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME"

Battlelog notice

"NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES, WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME"

Hopefully we get better stability.

Tabby

I hate it when people don't PTFO.
People are more focussed on spawn raping the other team and planting charges and capping flags.

Heysoos

Funny, I've never experienced a disconnect, only crash/freeze.

Neither had I until today. Yesterday was bad with crashes, I crashed like 15 times. I was able to at least complete some matches though. Today I think I've only completed 1. :/

VariantX

I hate it when people don't PTFO.
People are more focussed on spawn raping the other team and planting charges and capping flags.

I don't like it either, but trapping and containing the enemy team at spawn is a far more efficient tactic than fighting them all over the map for flags. You cant really blame people for playing that way, but you can blame DICE for not giving teams any means of deterring the enemy team from playing that way by not giving them any means to push them out of their base.

nbthedude

Has anyone figured out a way to get the Steam overlay to work in game?

I'd like to throw up some screen shots in my Steam feed. This game looks amazing.

sflufan

Banned
From DICE:

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING OUT NEW GAME SERVERS TO ADDRESS STABILITY ISSUES, WHILE SERVERS ARE UPDATED YOU MIGHT BE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR CURRENT GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom