• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Oh and I love when you catch people off guard

v0xLaB6.gif
Seriously Recons are the class I knifed the most it seems, and awesome gif as well.

Sethos

Banned
On another note; GAF EU server has been moved, set to Normal settings, admin tool is running and Shanghai removed from the cycle to avoid people being dropped when the building crashes.

Seriously Recons are the class I knifed the most it seems, and awesome gif as well.

Yeah they tend to stand around not doing much. Bastards.

Has anyone else had problems with Assignments not being unlocked?

I know the games buggy as hell, but just wondering if there's anything I could do to fix it.

Ark

How is BF4 on PS3? I'm tempted to pick it up and play for a few weeks before I get it on PS4 on the 29th just for some unlocks alone. Does it run better/worse than BF3?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, it's really enjoyable but I'm afraid of doing it with this counter-knife business. =(

NEVER knife from the front. Knife from the side or behind, like BF3, it'll go into the assassination/Halo Reach flourish animations with no counter. Counters are from the front only it seems.

Edit: DERP DIRECTIONS ARE HARD.

Dr Prob

Banned
How is BF4 on PS3? I'm tempted to pick it up and play for a few weeks before I get it on PS4 on the 29th just for some unlocks alone. Does it run better/worse than BF3?

It will occasionally lock up, and while that's never a good thing it's infrequent enough to get a pass.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I would jump on there and play but I'm in Japan so my latency is horrendous to anything in the EU. It's why I had to get my server on the West Coast to be able to play with friends in the states.

Funny enough, your server is giving me bad pings.

And I wouldn't play on Squad Leader no regen health anyway, nononono.

Is there an east coast GAF server? Gaffers, please add me. WHOAguitarninja on origin. I'm getting really sick of playing with randoms, as my friends that have the game never seem to want to play it.

Overdoziz

Banned
We were finally getting a decent amount of players on the GAF server and then it crashed again. U_U

--

On a related note: I'll add a section in the OT dedicated to GAF servers and I'll also put the Mumble information in there.

God I think im done until they release the major update, this is way too frustrating.

Really tired of putting about five shots in a guy and then he turns around and one shots me, fuck yeah!

Calmine

Disconnections not so bad today. Although got the most annoying one. Was in obliteration for about 45 mins got dc'ed error - game disconnected something went wrong. So bad I laughed.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Man, basically everyone plays engineer. Hop in a LAV on rush? Be prepared to hear beeping warning you of incoming rockets non-stop. I can't even kill them fast enough. Kill one, 2-3 more show up.

Facism

GAF server suicides because it had to cycle to Operation Locker. I don't blame it. I'd kill myself if i had to run that map for people to play on.

Seanspeed

Banned
Man, basically everyone plays engineer. Hop in a LAV on rush? Be prepared to hear beeping warning you of incoming rockets non-stop. I can't even kill them fast enough. Kill one, 2-3 more show up.
Well people need to unlock some better launchers. The one it starts you out with is pitiful and leaves you completely neutered against vehicles.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Funny enough, your server is giving me bad pings.

And I wouldn't play on Squad Leader no regen health anyway, nononono.

Do you ever run normal mode on this server? Or is it hardcore only?

Alright guys I changed it over to Conquest Large NORMAL mode. All of the settings are vanilla. Not hardcore anymore so have fun! It was on hardcore only because I thought maybe it would get some traffic but that didn't pan out.

DTKT

Anyone tried port forwarding? some guy on the EA forums said it totally fixed his crashes and bad netcode syndrome.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-keeps-crashing-on-PC/td-p/1724995/page/135

His settings don't make much sense if I'm reading them right. He's forwarding two unregistered ports to port 80 which is the default port of HTTP. Not on only that, but a game being unable to handle NAT is just silly. I'm not even sure how it would need to accommodate or do anything different. It's supposed to be a seamless process from the application perspective.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'll put "NeoGAF" in the server name for the LA server. The only problem is getting it populated.

Here is the link again.

It's standard hardcore running Conquest Large and Rush. Let me know if anybody wants something else running.
I'll add it to the OP.

GAF server suicides because it had to cycle to Operation Locker. I don't blame it. I'd kill myself if i had to run that map for people to play on.
But my turret kills. :(

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... I guess if I make it available to Play Now traffic it auto selects the map size depending on server slots. It's the small conquest maps instead of large. I'll have to play with it after work.

Is it just me or is Rush broken in this game? I've played about a dozen matches and the defenders always dominate -- as in the attackers never make it past the first pair of MCOMs. I've been on both sides and it seems horribly unbalanced.

I loved this mode in 3 but this is pissing me off so much. Does it get better at higher levels or something?

void666

Banned
Just joined a server. 2000 tickets left. What?
Playing the same map for over one hour must be very fun for some people. Not me though.

G_Berry

Banned
So many hard locks today (360)

How is this not picked up in testing? They're selling a faulty product and we the suckers keep buying this garbage.

Plus, when it does work, its a buggy fucking mess.

- sp save deleted (awesome, thanks ea and dice)
- hit detection
- geometry bugs
- sound bugs
- why does quick match put me against American players? Its called a filter ffs
- lag
- broken server browser
- sniper bullets going through people (even when they're stationary!

The list goes on it's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom