• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Is it just me or is Rush broken in this game? I've played about a dozen matches and the defenders always dominate -- as in the attackers never make it past the first pair of MCOMs. I've been on both sides and it seems horribly unbalanced.

I loved this mode in 3 but this is pissing me off so much. Does it get better at higher levels or something?

I've been on several attacks and got all the way through. It's rare though.

Man, this game is going to be great when the servers stop taking dumps.

Yep!

Tabby

Is it just me or is Rush broken in this game? I've played about a dozen matches and the defenders always dominate -- as in the attackers never make it past the first pair of MCOMs. I've been on both sides and it seems horribly unbalanced.

I loved this mode in 3 but this is pissing me off so much. Does it get better at higher levels or something?

Rush was made for 32 players, it gets hectic and impossible when there's 64.

Ocho

Alright guys I changed it over to Conquest Large NORMAL mode. All of the settings are vanilla. Not hardcore anymore so have fun! It was on hardcore only because I thought maybe it would get some traffic but that didn't pan out.

Unfortunately the PC crew I hang with play in Central/East/NE servers. :(

Not balanced at all, which is really disappointing. One of them has the attackers storming a beach on boats/helis which sounds sweet but then you realize once that initial start of vehicles is over you lost the match if you were attacks, plus it just feels like every rush game has way too few tickets and the match is over in 5 minutes.

arimanius

I played all the other battlefields on a console. This is the first one I've played on the PC and wow I'm getting my ass kicked. lol I'm really going to have to practice and know the maps inside and out.

Game looks gorgeous on ultra settings so dying never looked so good.

Sethos

Banned
What. the. fuck

I reached rank 16 earlier today, I was halfway through to 17 on BL but now it says I'm 15 with 1% to go.

Well people need to unlock some better launchers. The one it starts you out with is pitiful and leaves you completely neutered against vehicles.

You killed me too many times earlier... I don't like you lol

Seriously though I suck at this game so far, I was pretty damn good at BF3 but now in BF4 it's like learning a whole new game. Plus some maps are abysmal for infantry

phaonaut

From battlelog
WE WILL PERFORM A SHORT MAINTENANCE OF THE BATTLEFIELD 4 BACKEND SERVICE BETWEEN 10:00 AND 11:00 CET TOMORROW, NOVEMBER 5TH. YOU MAY EXPERIENCE A GAME DISCONNECT DURING THIS PERIOD.

So funny, its not like anyone would notice

Heysoos

First match of Obliteration, 32 player server. Enemy grabs bomb, gets in a tank. No one tries to take him down. Most of my team is sniping in some roof top. Wellp. Back to Conquest Large it is.

Pandemic

I need help if possible.

Do I buy Battlefield 4 the standard edition for $79.99 or the Deluxe edition for $89.99?

Is the ''china rising'' content worth the extra $10?

Or does someone know a cheaper spot? I'm from Australia so if it'll work for da aussie that would be good.

Cheers!

NIN90

I need help if possible.

Do I buy Battlefield 4 the standard edition for $79.99 or the Deluxe edition for $89.99?

Or does someone know a cheaper spot? I'm from Australia so if it'll work for da aussie that would be good.

Cheers!

Depends if you're gonna get Premium down the line. China Rising will probably be $15 so you are only saving $5 with the deluxe edition.

Nori Chan

Had the game of my life and it froze on me on the stats screen.

Yeah I'm not playing this anymore until there are fixes. Good things cod comes out.

multivac

Was just in a server where everyone lost all of their unlocks, and we scored nothing at the end of the match. Did I accidentally join an unranked server even though my filters are set to ranked or something?

jond76

Banned
I know probably nobody here gives a rats ass about the Xbox One version of this, but I watched Gametrailers preview of this and they mentioned that the rumble triggers we a go in it. They said they could tell the difference between firing and changing mags. Not sure if that's been mentioned yet. Should be cool.

maneil99

My crashes are getting worse. I could play a few back to back round this morning no issue, Now I am lucky to get 10 minutes. Anyone else feel the same?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I know the spawns are a bit iffy but... at the start of Domination match an enemy soldier spawned beside me. WTF?

Heysoos

lol gave Obliteration another shot. Didn't realize I landed in a Hardcore server. BOY that was something else. I camped and sniped and I'm proud of it.

Finally kind of understood Sniping. Still horrible at picking ranges and figuring out how much the bullet is going to drop.

multivac

Was just in that GAF server having a fucking banner game, best all week, and another fucking crash. Maybe I should just get Ghosts and play that until BF4 can go a whole round without completely dying :(

wiggleb0t

Banned
I need help if possible.

Cheers!
Aussie Gamer has code my email for $55 with China rising included. May have increased couple of bucks give or take.
Also has premium there cheaper than EA
Edit:It's OzGameShop 100% legit. Bought 32gb vita card n games from them, along with 1000s' other aussies :)

AmyS

Be advised, stupid question:

Once Commander Mode is released, will I be able to use my laptop or netbook in conjunction with the PS4 version?

I don't own a tablet and won't anytime in the foreseeable future.

Wookieomg

Alright I've crashed four times now due to server collapses. Stayed at my current rank for now... 4 separate maps, none of which finished. All of the kills and xp I got mean nothing. Seriously debating just uninstalling this pos. Need convincing to stay. :( I love the game when it works; really effing fun, but holy wow. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Be advised, stupid question:

Once Commander Mode is released, will I be able to use my laptop or netbook in conjunction with the PS4 version?

I don't own a tablet and won't anytime in the foreseeable future.

No. If you join as commander you can't be foot solider. If you promote yourself to commander from solider, you can't back out.

Finally kind of understood Sniping. Still horrible at picking ranges and figuring out how much the bullet is going to drop.

I blame that on the tracer not being like BC2's. BF3 gave me conniption fits in gauging shots because of the disappearing tracer, I feel BF4 hasn't fixed that but has made close-mid range sniping satisfying for me in reducing that stupid scope sway.

Now if they got rid of that entirely and made sniping like BC2 and older, I'd be in business.

AmyS

No. If you join as commander you can't be foot solider. If you promote yourself to commander from solider, you can't back out.

That's not what I meant, my bad.

Okay what I am asking is, if I own BF4 on PS4, will I be able to use the Commander Mode at all, even though I cannot play the regular game as a soldier.

So even though I don't have a tablet and knowing that I cannot play normal FPS at the same time, can I participate as a commander across the PS4 version on one of my lowend laptops?

TheSeks

That's not what I meant, my bad.

Okay what I am asking is, if I own BF4 on PS4, will I be able to use the Commander Mode at all, even though I cannot play the regular game as a soldier.

So even though I don't have a tablet, can I participate as a commander across the PS4 version on one of my lowend laptops, knowing that I cannot play in FPS at the same time ?

Provided you have reached Rank 10 to unlock Commander mode ability: Yes. Login to Battlelog, find a PS4 server someone is playing on, in the server browser, or through a link to the server details; click Commander and join as Commander.

AmyS

Provided you have reached Rank 10 to unlock Commander mode ability: Yes. Login to Battlelog, find a PS4 server someone is playing on, in the server browser, or through a link to the server details; click Commander and join as Commander.

Alright that sounds like fun. Thanks for the confirmation.

TheSeks

Not balanced at all, which is really disappointing. One of them has the attackers storming a beach on boats/helis which sounds sweet but then you realize once that initial start of vehicles is over you lost the match if you were attacks, plus it just feels like every rush game has way too few tickets and the match is over in 5 minutes.

That's 64 players, and since most Rush servers are playing that with the default 75 tickets, you're gonna have a bad time.

I have yet to actually get into a full server rotation of 32 players/75 tickets as DICE designed to where I can't call "Hainan Attack is broken because AA and people able to take the boats and 360 swivel to kill the attack spawn
which really shouldn't happen. I've gotten so many RHIB boat kills from that 360 swivel, plz remove DICE... or don't.
*trollface*" more than the ticket amount or anything offhand.

I have yet to see beyond the first set outside of like one game where I was on a REALLY good team that killed it and rushed the two or three sets after that quickly.

Second set is on the "hill"/mountain to the right of the starting set, BTW. Which is just... bad... design, IMO. Scream's "please throw grenades up here" on the attackers part to flush the defense away.

64-Rush in BF3 was just as stupid because the mode isn't designed for that many players with the map design DICE has done. If DICE actually put some thought into Rush with 64 (have a few more crates per set to attack/defend?) to where the player count isn't 30+ players in a small-ish hellroom to where you CAN'T attack, it'd actually maybe sort-of work at 64-players, but because they didn't do that and called it a day... yeah...

the community is stupid and complaining about "OMG MAPS ARE BROKEN BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH" and it's like "really, dudes: Nothing besides Conquest Large is meant to be played above 32-players, so complaining about it is stupid since ya'll decided to go into the dildos mode instead of making a normal DICE server."

That's 64 players, and since most Rush servers are playing that with the default 75 tickets, you're gonna have a bad time.

I have yet to actually get into a full server rotation of 32 players/75 tickets as DICE designed to where I can't call "Hainan Attack is broken because AA and people able to take the boats and 360 swivel to kill the attack spawn
which really shouldn't happen. I've gotten so many RHIB boat kills from that 360 swivel, plz remove DICE... or don't.
*trollface*" more than the ticket amount or anything offhand.

I have yet to see beyond the first set outside of like one game where I was on a REALLY good team that killed it and rushed the two or three sets after that quickly.

Second set is on the "hill"/mountain to the right of the starting set, BTW. Which is just... bad... design, IMO. Scream's "please throw grenades up here" on the attackers part to flush the defense away.

64-Rush in BF3 was just as stupid because the mode isn't designed for that many players with the map design DICE has done. If DICE actually put some thought into Rush with 64 (have a few more crates per set to attack/defend?) to where the player count isn't 30+ players in a small-ish hellroom to where you CAN'T attack, it'd actually maybe sort-of work at 64-players, but because they didn't do that and called it a day... yeah...

the community is stupid and complaining about "OMG MAPS ARE BROKEN BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH" and it's like "really, dudes: Nothing besides Conquest Large is meant to be played above 32-players, so complaining about it is stupid since ya'll decided to go into the dildos mode instead of making a normal DICE server."

It was a 32 player server, I don't join rush games over that limit, it was bad. Another bad rush map is rogue transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom