• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

terrible

Banned
Does this happen in certain maps or the multiplayer in general? I get a lower average framerate on Seige of Shanghai compared to other maps for example, maybe it's something similar to that. Granted this is on PC, but perhaps the same happens in PS4/Xbox

It's just been randomly happening on CQ maps, not even during levelution events. Sometimes it crawls down to what is probably 10-20 FPS for a bit. I've noticed it since they fixed the servers on PS4. It used to happen once in a while before but now it's happening a lot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
should play more CS brah

Does it not allow stat tracking yet?

No? Then NAWP.

(1 more headshot ribbon now. Yay.)

NOW I CAN SLEEP and be a useless dick in Metro tomorrow. No more being a useless dick of a sniper now that I have the last sniper. I can at least get closer with the GOL and 8x to try to sniper mid-range now.

arith

There is no such thing as a High Performance Server Solution. There are servers that will run the game you sold me(with Premium) adequately , and there are servers that will not. For over 5 months we had the latter.

Now its nearly May, E3 is approaching, and EA will be revealing a new slate of games.

Don't even try to hide it...we won't get it..

Kabuto

There is no such thing as a High Performance Server Solution. There are servers that will run the game you sold me(with Premium) adequately , and there are servers that will not. For over 5 months we had the latter.

Now its nearly May, E3 is approaching, and EA will be revealing a new slate of games.

Don't even try to hide it...we won't get it..

you're a member with 3 posts. wat

1508179_10152116579972672_3198020175838435082_n.png

Double XP for Premium members is up.

arith

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled its "solved". Played my first proper session last night since Titanfall release and it was good. But really, 5 months? And to not be shadowing their upcoming pr campaigns?

So I've been out of the loop for a bit, what's generally considered the best vehicle loadouts? Anything that's almost necessary/can be completely disregarded?

Also is there a GAF platoon/squad for PS4? Rubberbanding seems to finally be mostly gone so I may start actually playing the game. PSNID is Psychoward23

So I've been out of the loop for a bit, what's generally considered the best vehicle loadouts? Anything that's almost necessary/can be completely disregarded?

Active Protection System, while inconsistent, is probably the most valuable countermeasure for vehicles. So if an enemy tank has it and you don't, you're probably gonna lose in a straight up battle against that enemy. Same thing applies for boats for the most part.

Smokescreen has a much lower cooldown and prevents critical hits, but since pretty much every tank uses APS now, it's not as useful, especially since it no longer gets rid of lock ons anymore like in BF3.

20MM cannons on stealth jets is the best option out of the 3 cannon options. No point in using the other ones even though they deal the same damage per second.

JDAM on attack jets are underpowered and you are better off using laser guided missiles or more preferably Hydra Missiles.

Just about everything else seems to depend on the situation from what I've played.

Also is there a GAF platoon/squad for PS4? Rubberbanding seems to finally be mostly gone so I may start actually playing the game. PSNID is Psychoward23
Click here.

Rubberbanded like crazy on NS maps again today. Shit ain't fixed.

Almost done with the multiplayer assignments. Need the 2nd and 3rd melee assignements, jump master and air expert veteran whatever. Halfway done on the 20 melee ribbons but then I need another 50. Had a 9 kill streak, think I might have even landed on the Firestorm tower that game too...so close. Was assault with a suppressor. I've definitely gone on 10+ streaks on Firestorm before in Capture The Flag...bit tougher on Conquest. And getting the 3 jet ribbons was hard enough. That one could take forever.

Had a game the other day where I got my 2nd and 3rd Bomber ribbon in the same game on Dragon Pass. Looks like I only need 17 more to get the Medal and that one only requires one medal instead of 5 it appears for the tag. Yet to unleash my Cruise Missile so maybe things will go faster with that.

Sadly, for the most part, if you don't have DLC/Premium, you'll be left behind. Mainly because a lot of the more popular servers require DLC/Premium. Unless I'm wrong?

thats not quite true. plenty of people play vanilla maps. I just played bf3 today, and since i didn't have the dlc installed I played on vanilla servers and there were plenty of full matches

Kak.efes

I know that feeling.

Prestige 16 and I still got like 5-6 100% boosts to use for the final 4 levels.

It's not about rank or prestige (isn't that all really arbitrary once you've unlocked most of everything?). I enjoy the SA maps quite a lot. It's like what Karkand was for me in BF3; where I'd be on that rotation 90% of the time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's mixed servers. We jumped into one with amazing rubber banding, quit, then joined another that was fine.

Then it's the same as PC: depends on the server.

Though there's talk on PC about NS having some issues in performance. But I haven't noticed any framedrops or anything like PS4 players say they get in like Haian on those maps or anything. Just weird stuttery lag that I attribute to normal lag.

How active is the Non DLC community?

Sadly, for the most part, if you don't have DLC/Premium, you'll be left behind. Mainly because a lot of the more popular servers require DLC/Premium. Unless I'm wrong?

Decent sized. But if you want to join all servers, you should get Premium.

Depends on whether you play PC or consoles. Console side has DLC maps in a separate selector, maps cannot be mixed. You'll be fine playing default maps. Which is also quite annoying on the PS4 side, having to quit server everytime you want to change map sets out of the 4 maps per map pack.

PC side has custom servers with DLC maps mixed in, there you'll be better off with the map packs.

my last 3 gaming sessions now have been rubberbanding free.. Thursday two different times for a couple hours, and yesterday, from about 4pm-10pm, no rubberbanding.

Bollocks

wtf is this shit, double xp for premium members right on the home screen, play 2 rounds and nothing.

e: goddammit you fucking piece of shit, the game lost my premium status. could only play regular maps.
reboot and now I have the premium badge but I can't even fucking connect now. "connection to ea online has been lost", every motherfucking single retry.

sorry for the language but I haven't played in over 3 weeks and was really looking forward to get it on with my buddies because it's not easy to get all of us together(adult life yeah) and the one time we manage it, EA shows us the middle finger.
I normally don't shit on the game but this is ridiculous.

Kabuto

hahaha KOF servers are so funny; you can't swear or even say noob. I was second place and the round was going to be over in less than a minute; they still kicked me for just having a little fun in chat.

Ark

hahaha KOF servers are so funny; you can't swear or even say noob. I was second place and the round was going to be over in less than a minute; they still kicked me for just having a little fun in chat.

KOF as in Knights of Freedom?

I was in that clan for a good couple of years back when Halo:CE had a PC community (this must've been around like..2006/2007), had so much fun on that game. Infinitely more balanced than BF4 ;)

ran into a bunch of rubberbanding today trying to find a good NS server.. was running smooth for 6 hours yesterday, and earlier today playing the vanilla maps.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I guess those servers are just too high speed for our puny systems to handle. These framerate drops are ridiculous. I feel like I'm playing on my laptop.

terrible

Banned
I swear the framerate has been way worse since the server change. I don't know how that even works but I've looked through some old footage (I have a capture card) and it really did seem smoother before. I'm getting random huge framerate drops all the time now. I'll take this over rubber banding for sure but I just find it odd.

[edit] There's a huge flaw in me looking at old footage that I never thought of. It records at 30 FPS lol. I Just thought of that now :S

I don't know if I'd be happy or mad if that happened to me. Either way I'd laugh though.

No, I got the indicator and text and everything. It's just that it only did 75 vehicle damage and sent the helicopter crashing down to blow itself up, netting me nothing.

RPG deals a maximum damage of 75 to Transport Helis, so I'm guessing that's what you shot down. Every other aircraft except the gunship is a guaranteed one hit kill.

#Babbyfield4

DICE did a wonderful job with "balancing"

You can't one shot kill a Transport Heli in BF3 either. Although it goes to a "disabled" state, instead of being "mobility hit" like it is in BF4.

I swear the framerate has been way worse since the server change.
It absolutely is, and its confusing as hell. Were the test servers like this? How do you get better architecture, all but eliminate rubberbanding and introduce way worse framerates? Oh yeah, DICE.

I mean, at this point, give 900p (HAHAHA could you imagine).

Top Bottom