• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Orcus

Can't do Reddit at work. Can you copy his post over here to check out? I'm really excited to hear info on the new stuff rolling out. All the matches I played on the test servers were smooth as butter!

Here it is:

DICE_TheBikingVikingBattlelog Producer

"As I understand it, yes, the hardware improvements have been done today. Would love to hear some feedback on it."

Ark

Just after I built a new rig and double-dipped for the game on PC, and already having 209 hours on PS4. LOL. Thank you DICE.

God dammit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's pretty crazy. I'd always thought of BF as a PC-centric series. When I checked that site there were 35,000 on PS4 and only 18,000 on PC

It is/was, but the BF4 launch certainly didn't help matters.

mitchman

Gold Member
I see the newest maps are available now to non premiums.
Hows the rubberbanding situation with the new map pack on PS4 ?

With the server updates, apparently no longer an issue. Naval Strike was unplayable with conquest 64-players. Hopefully good now.

Bailey 87

Can confirm that the rubberbanding issue seems to be gone. I only tried the Naval Strike maps but they were so damn smooth. Looks like the OT needs a new name.

Will be on tonight to play with PS4 gaf. I'll be the guy at the top of the leaderboards :p

mitchman

Gold Member
Just played a round of conquest on Naval Strike. Started up good with no lag, but as the sides filled up, the rubberbanding was as bad as before. Will try a different server now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just played a round of conquest on Naval Strike. Started up good with no lag, but as the sides filled up, the rubberbanding was as bad as before. Will try a different server now.
:(

I guess its gonna take a while to update all servers.

Orcus

Does anyone know if the hardware that the BF4 game servers run on is used by multiple platforms? For example, do they have hosts in a cluster that multiple guests from different platforms reside on? Also, was this confirmed as as an actual hardware performance issue, or could it be overutilization of resources or poorly provisioned guests?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Does anyone know if the hardware that the BF4 game servers run on is used by multiple platforms? For example, do they have hosts in a cluster that multiple guests from different platforms reside on? Also, was this confirmed as as an actual hardware performance issue, or could it be overutilization of resources or poorly provisioned guests?
The servers are the same fo all platforms.

I believe there was an official post regarding the "Rubber banding" issues being Server related.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Everytime I try to join a NS server, I get a message that says I am disconnected from the session. Anyone else getting this? Happens with both Cq and carrier assault.

Fersis

No more rubber band lag on my end.

I did get the usual framerate during 15 seconds during the Hainan Resort levolution moment.
But man... im sooo rusty. Too much Hearthstone i guess!

gl0w

Rubber-banding is almost definitively gone, so I must retire what I said. Anyway, got 2 server crashes where everyone got kicked out, and the shitty netcode is still there.

But it just plays like a different game, so good.

Everytime I try to join a NS server, I get a message that says I am disconnected from the session. Anyone else getting this? Happens with both Cq and carrier assault.

It's not just you. Sometimes I could only get in using quick match. Sometimes only the browser.

However. The game was buttery smooth the entire time I played it tonight. That's a first for me.

Didn't have any rubberbanding but the crash on joining servers is definitely still there. Just a black screen with the blinking line in the corner for all eternity.
(or glitch or whatever, i'm not waiting 30+ minutes to see if it joins in on the next map)

JJD

This fucking game...

Rubberbanding appears to be gone, or at least severely diminished, but on the other hand I'm still getting stuck on the loading screen a lot, and losing connection to the server...

Man I hate people who do that, no matter the reason. They were going to capture a flag, and now you have not only killed then out of spite but helped the enemy, congrats!

Don't like your squad? Join another one. Your whole team is a piece of shit? Finish the game and quit, or just rage quit and search for a better one.

terrible

Banned
This fucking game...

Rubberbanding appears to be gone, or at least severely diminished, but on the other hand I'm still getting stuck on the loading screen a lot, and losing connection to the server...

Man I hate people who do that, no matter the reason. They were going to capture a flag, and now you have not only killed then out of spite but helped the enemy, congrats!

Don't like your squad? Join another one. Your whole team is a piece of shit? Finish the game and quit, or just rage quit and search for a better one.

They finished 16th and 20th on my team while I got MVP. I still think I did more good than harm in the end lol. More importantly it was hilarious.

Top Bottom